Login

russian armor

IS-2

17 Aug 2013, 19:32 PM
17 Aug 2013, 20:14 PM

Please do not simply post a link to another forum/thread here. If you wanted to sum up your long thread in a post and then continue it here to find new input, great. CoH2.org is it's own place.
17 Aug 2013, 20:34 PM

I saw you demand a faster ROF for the IS-2. As of now it fires every 9 seconds. I´d like to remind you that the real thing could fire about one shot every 30 seconds so to allow it to fire more shots is ridicolous.

Buff to armor and damage, yes - but only with SU-85 nerf.
17 Aug 2013, 22:45 PM

waiting for " It's good AI it's fine" comment apparently
18 Aug 2013, 00:37 AM

I saw you demand a faster ROF for the IS-2. As of now it fires every 9 seconds. I´d like to remind you that the real thing could fire about one shot every 30 seconds so to allow it to fire more shots is ridicolous.

From his post, if you read any of it:

"Also, please do not bring history into this, I don't care if the IS-2 couldn't penetrate a log or if it nuked cities, this is about balance."

Realism means nothing next to game balance. CoH2 is hardly a war simulator.

And yes, the IS-2 is completely useless for its obscene fuel cost. The Tiger is also not too great, but is still cheaper and better than the IS-2. Really, ISU-152s and Elefants are the only useful heavy call-ins. They offer something you wouldn't normally have acccess to (supremely long-range firepower) and are very effective at their roles.

An armour and HP buff would help make it a true break-through tank, something which russia is really lacking. But a cost reduction is also in order, else it will basically never be built unless you are already base-raping your enemy.

18 Aug 2013, 00:46 AM

I'd be really happy if a dev could tell us if any changes to the IS-2 are planned. There is a little lack of communication from the devs in the CoH2 forum's balance section.
18 Aug 2013, 01:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

They have certainly plans for the heavy tanks but they said they will first do the balance in the early game, then mid and finally endgame.
Next patch will probably involve mid game stuff.
I asked PQuimseh in a stream a few weeks ago about the heavy tanks and their cost.
He said that they dont plan changing the cost right now but they will definitely look into the performance.
Hope this clarifies some stuff
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
United Kingdom 317
Sweden 48
Russian Federation 29
United States 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias