Login

russian armor

Adding the de-crew ability to vehicles

10 Apr 2018, 00:11 AM

Hello everyone,

First time on the forums so hopefully in the right place. I'm trying to add vehicle crews to the British,
but I'm having no luck.

I've got my mod working, using the tools etc but I'm struggling with this one.

I've done the following (from another thread on google):

1) recrewable_ext in the entity you wish to give a crew. There you will find driver_squad_blueprint, which is the squad to use as crew. Either use an existing squad or create a new one for this purpose.
2) Next, go to the squad you want as crew and look for can_recrew_abandoned_option in squad_combat_behaviour_ext. Change from options\none to options\sbpextensions\squad_combat_behaviour_ext\is_mobile_driver.

3)Once that is done, you can add abilities you want to bring with in abilities_to_bring (you might need to expand for this option to show up). Take a look at the USF crews to get an idea of what ability to use there.

So the issue is stage three - every EBPS / SBPS for the USA has no structure like the above for any unit that is potentially able to de-crew. I've copied the abilities and removed multiple requirements, without
success, the ability to de-crew is not appearing on any British unit.

I had a previous mod on the workshop which I can still subscribe to which is working, but I cannot remmeber what else I changed and therefore I'm starting a fresh. I've also tried extracted the old mod and placing the files in the mods directory, which hasn't worked either.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!
10 Apr 2018, 01:33 AM
10 Apr 2018, 09:18 AM

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately nothing is working even after watching the tutorial.

I've changed the drivers.
I've edited the requirements for the AEF ability and made it British.
I've even added the ability to the unit itself (squad ability) - this now appears, abandons the vehicle. However, the crew does not appear and the vehicle remains abandoned then. This is the most progress I've had so far, but I feel like I've hit a brick wall!

Thank you.
10 Apr 2018, 13:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Without seeing your attribs, it's hard to say.
11 Apr 2018, 15:26 PM

I gave up trying to add the de-crew function to units - I'm not sure how I'd show you my attribs.

I used to remember there being loads of tutorials, extensive forums etc for modding the original COH? Has that website for relic been taken down? (I guess there would have been some cross over from 1 and 2 that may have helped refresh my memory when I used to use corsix mod studio)

Also, if you could help or anyone;

I'm trying to mod in paratroopers to the British and potentially a paratrooper jeep, however I cant find the lines in the AEF combat group ability that edits the deploy-able squad.

Is there any tutorials for adding paratroopers to COH 2 - google hasn't help me so far.

Thanks!
12 Apr 2018, 14:10 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi NathanUK:

Recrew:

Eliwwod is right is difficult to help you without checking your code. But you are close to finish your recrew ability. Be persistant and you will achive your goal.

British Paratroopers:

About your paratrooper ability for british, try to check a vanilla ability. Here an easy one to copy:

abilities\aef\modal_ability\dispatch_ability\paratroopers_paradrop

The ability do an airstrike action and point to the follow elements:

sbps\races\aef\vehicles\paradrop_plane\paratroopers_plane_paras
ebps\races\aef\vehicles\paradrop_plane\paratroopers_plane_paras

In the flight ext of the ebps file you will find in the action ext, a paradroop action. The paradroop action spawn a squad:

sbps\races\aef\soldiers\paratrooper_squad\paratrooper_squad_mp

Just change this squad for your own one and put the ability whatever you need and it is all.
Just keep in mind one big problem, the parachute animation only works properly with a few entities. Basically you could paradroop any model of the game but they looks really bad without the correct animation.

I hope its could help you
Regards, Olhausen

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight