Login

russian armor

Gaming Headsets

17 Aug 2013, 02:38 AM

I am currently looking for a well rounded headset for both Audio quality and speech sensitivity excellence.

I have gone through a Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1
Razer Megalodon 7.1
and now a Razer Tiamat 7.1

All have their faults which I would assume everyone is aware of. I am now currently trying to find a new headset now that as stated above meets those two requirements but also has the ability to work in unison with a computer speaker system.

I am currently looking at the Astro A40 if anyone can give me some advice on it or knows of something better? Please provide any positive advice.
17 Aug 2013, 18:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2013, 02:38 AMheals93
I am currently looking for a well rounded headset for both Audio quality and speech sensitivity excellence.

I have gone through a Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1
Razer Megalodon 7.1
and now a Razer Tiamat 7.1

All have their faults which I would assume everyone is aware of. I am now currently trying to find a new headset now that as stated above meets those two requirements but also has the ability to work in unison with a computer speaker system.

I am currently looking at the Astro A40 if anyone can give me some advice on it or knows of something better? Please provide any positive advice.
17 Aug 2013, 18:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Sometime back, I recall Ami talking of the importance affording the best headset you can afford, and if I am correct, he advocated Sennheiser, which was also the call of Team Legacy on one of Bridger's older tuition vids. But things change, and there are plenty out there on You Tube with demos. FWIIW,I have a PC350,which is comfortable, except in high humidity, but I daresay most headsets "sweat" in those conditions
17 Aug 2013, 18:44 PM

Don't buy HEADSETS. The only one I would consider buying is the Sennheiser 360 and that's it.
17 Aug 2013, 18:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Don't buy HEADSETS. The only one I would consider buying is the Sennheiser 360 and that's it.

So you play your games with audio from speakers? Do you live in a condo?
17 Aug 2013, 20:24 PM

So you play your games with audio from speakers? Do you live in a condo?

There's a thing called headphones which is much superior to headsets in almost every aspect. And then you can get a mic with that, for example a modmic which makes it a headset sort of but much better. And no I don't live in a condo.
17 Aug 2013, 23:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i would advise avoiding things with "gaming" in there name. especially with headphones and headsets.

ive used this before good quality for the money (worked better than steel series mics.) and you can then buy a much better headphones for the same moeny you spend on your "gaming" headset.
18 Aug 2013, 04:57 AM

Roccat Kave (Maybe Kulo...)
18 Aug 2013, 09:14 AM

I use a Logitech G35 headset. For what it is and the price for which I acquired it, I'm definitely happy with it.

If you want to spend more, go for it. I'd say just know what you're investing in and what you need to invest in to make the whole thing worth it. It's no sense getting a $200+ headset and using onboard sound.

Sennheiser is a good choice. They've definitely got the audio quality & capability when paired with a decent audio card.

It's hard to say for me though. With the G35's I've never once sat there, playing or watching something, and said to myself, "I bet this could sound better" or, more to the point, "This sounds like complete shit, I can't hear anything." I don't really see the point in investing $250-300+ for a headset and sound card, especially if they're used specifically & primarily for gaming. And this is coming from someone who used to play Rainbow 6 and Counter-Strike with a corded phone and a party/flash call.
18 Aug 2013, 09:39 AM

Sennheiser HD598 is actually much much better, and it doesn't strictly only for gaming. I chose HD598 over PC360

Those so-called gaming headset can only be used for gaming, if you want it to listen to music or watching movie, they suck like fuck
18 Aug 2013, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 09:39 AMPorygon

Sennheiser HD598 is actually much much better, and it doesn't strictly only for gaming. I chose HD598 over PC360

Those so-called gaming headset can only be used for gaming, if you want it to listen to music or watching movie, they suck like fuck

Hmm there both very similar headsets I doubt the quality of music would degrade in anyway other then not having a good sound card and trying to listen to music through your computer.

But everyone thanks kindly for all your advice I will do some serious research into Sennheiser now. Thinking between Sennheiser 350 SE and the 360.
18 Aug 2013, 11:30 AM

I just realized that you would need to plug in and out these headsets in order to switch to using speakers is this correct?

If so what else is a excellent headset that has the speakers connect to it then its press to switch between speakers and using the headset?
18 Aug 2013, 11:46 AM
18 Aug 2013, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 09:14 AMPounder

If you want to spend more, go for it. I'd say just know what you're investing in and what you need to invest in to make the whole thing worth it. It's no sense getting a $200+ headset and using onboard sound.

Onboard sound is actually quite good nowadays. It all depends on the headphones if you need more juice for them or not. It's not like a pair of PC360 is going to sound much better with a soundcard or a DAC beacuse they are very easily driven.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 09:39 AMPorygon

They are probably better. I was just saying that if he would buy any pair of headsets (not headphones) it should be the PC360.
19 Aug 2013, 11:09 AM

Onboard sound is actually quite good nowadays. It all depends on the headphones if you need more juice for them or not. It's not like a pair of PC360 is going to sound much better with a soundcard or a DAC beacuse they are very easily driven.

That's depend on the price of the motherboard
My Z87 board onboard sound is even better than average sound card

They are probably better. I was just saying that if he would buy any pair of headsets (not headphones) it should be the PC360.

PC360 is good, but most of its price is from the mic (a really good mic though). If you don't need the mic, why not choosing other better headset with similar price but much better sound quality?
19 Aug 2013, 11:11 AM

19 Aug 2013, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:11 AMwuff
http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-audio-system-astro-edition

Never had a better headset / mic / mixer.

Overrated & Overpriced, and heavy like fuck, won't recommend unless you like to do gym exercise for your neck :mellow:
19 Aug 2013, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:45 AMPorygon

Overrated & Overpriced, and heavy like fuck, won't recommend unless you like to do gym exercise for your neck :mellow:

I have never found them heavy and I don't think anyone else would unless you have a very weak neck.

19 Aug 2013, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:09 AMPorygon

PC360 is good, but most of its price is from the mic (a really good mic though). If you don't need the mic, why not choosing other better headset with similar price but much better sound quality?

Cleary he's going to need a mic since he's looking for a headset and not headphones. There's a difference between the two. But I do agree with you. I would have bought a pair of headphones and a mic with that over a headset.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:11 AMwuff
http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-audio-system-astro-edition

Never had a better headset / mic / mixer.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 11:45 AMPorygon

20 Aug 2013, 01:32 AM

Hey guy's after doing more research I have found some of these headphones aren’t exactly what I am looking for if you could help me find a headset that has a great Mic, high quality Audio but most importantly has the ability for a push button to switch between headphones and speakers. So that I don't need to disconnect them from the computer every time I wish to switch between using the two.

Thanks again for all the feedback thus far but if I could get some knowledgeable feedback on headphones with the above specifics that would be terrific thanks again!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★