Login

russian armor

OKW (lvl 7) vs USF (lvl 7) crossroads

21 Mar 2018, 00:22 AM

okwokwusfusf

Hi I'm OKW here, even though I won this game I'd like some feedback about my play as this is probably an example of a very even match up for me and one where I feel like I played my "peak" game even though I usually play Brit/Ost. This is probably the most representative game of my skill level thus far, and I think I've played a conservative tight game this opponent was pretty much my own skill level perfectly, though he played USF which in a stretched out game I think he had to play a lot better than me to win.

I would most highly appreciate feedback at tactical level as well as strategic:
1*Mistakes that I (okw made), and especially bad habits you see I have make
2*Things that I did well, and especially things I could do even more of
3*Mistakes that he (USF made) that a better opponent would have done different
4*Things that he (USF did) that was a good job, and he could do more of
5*Feed back on my own analysis of the game
and any other comments appreciated

my own analysis:
I should have used my AT guns more aggressively in mid game with set ups as I did against his stuart, although would have been easier done with a AAHT as a bait
I definitely shouldnt have been greedy against those riflemen with my AA halftrack and get snared, that was awful, he should have been out of there after the volks retreated and should have supported volks in range before that
Definitely misplayed my panther retreat and let his jackson dive get away with it, should have been a free jackson if I played that better or at very least a a trade, this prolonged the game a lot more
I floated fuel a bit more than I should have at late game, indecisive if a second panther is ideal, and I'm glad i went for jadgpanther instead although I'm not usually comfortable with non turning tanks.

habits: hard to see due to my own biases so would appreciate feedback

I think I played the whole map which I don't always do especially with blobby factions like OKW and USF which was good, let me get free stray kills that really hurt him and pull of great flanks
I mined, although could have done more of it, which I don't usually do which was good
I used valiant assault well and decisively instead of spamming airstrike which was good I think
I bought jadgpanther instead of a third panther which was good
My early game aggression to dictate the pace was probably a good idea, then once my AAht died i began playing a calm and conservative game
I had a "game plan"which i don't always have, of building elite infantry but preserving models to whittle down his rifleman in long range open field fights for infantry dominance dictated pushes
I largely led all attacks with infantry first and not lone tanks
I should have stole the repairing sherman instead of trying to kill the driver since he was obviously not looking

He probably should have gone lieutenant and get an m20 to punish a double pioneer start, stuart was mostly overkill as I was not playing a luchs
He definitely should have got mine sweepers, although he was lucky mostly this could have costed him the game
He slowly gave up on his infantry composition and had over proportion of tanks, although i dont know if would have built riflemens here myself
He spammed airstrafe for little gain largely and wasted precious ammo
He had unguarded AT guns several times in the game
He should have terraformed a lot more in mid game when he took the field and made me pay for attacking
Sherman probably could have been used for aggressively against my infantry for executes, using smoke set ups to play for time against AT but I'm not sure

He played aggressively with rifleman instead of letting my start dictate the pace
He played for cut offs and fuel denial well
His stuart really turned mid game around for him and he was quite conservative with it not losing it until shermans were out for him
He mostly did not blob and played the full map
He largely set up planned attacks across the map

Ultimately I think the two of us played very similar games, but I won out because of superior elite infantry spam that USF simply cannot keep up with and I don't know what I would have done differently in his shoes at a strategic level aside from m20 start that might have allowed him to dictate early game a lot more and snowball closing the game earlier.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
unknown 4
unknown 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %