Login

russian armor

Unbiased Balance Proposals top 100 Both Factions

19 Aug 2013, 15:34 PM

Permanently Banned
raw
19 Aug 2013, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 15:21 PMBlovski

I use maxims for exactly that. Depending on the map, they work alright. They make up for the weaker suppression and field of fire by being much harder to decrew and much lower risk, as well as the very quick turning. They can usually suppress infantry reasonably fast, and they aren't up against molotovs and oorah, nor are they 4-man squads against better Soviet snipers. In a narrow lane, they're really just as good as an MG-42 on balance. In a building they're better than one.

It's not that I haven't tried exactly what you describe. But my experiences have been pretty negative. Basically it comes down to the simple fact that if your opponent knows what he's doing he'll outflank and decrew maxims so hard that they never even get to fire. The higher DPS is little help when what I actually want it to do is pin down enemies.

In my opinion both HMGs should pin equally fast and balance should be looked for by tuning other variables.
19 Aug 2013, 19:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 16:37 PMraw
In my opinion both HMGs should pin equally fast and balance should be looked for by tuning other variables.

Such as?

I already asked you earlier @ http://www.coh2.org/topic/6839/unbiased-balance-proposals-top-100-both-factions/post/66900

" What exactly are you suggesting as a change to MG42s and Maxim? Please, be as specific as you can."
raw
19 Aug 2013, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 19:48 PMNullist

Such as?

I already asked you earlier @ http://www.coh2.org/topic/6839/unbiased-balance-proposals-top-100-both-factions/post/66900

" What exactly are you suggesting as a change to MG42s and Maxim? Please, be as specific as you can."

And I already answered you. I'd like to see the maxim have the same sup/pin speed as the MG42. My cristal ball is broken, so I can't tell you what that would do to balance. If we had something like Blizzard's Galaxy Editor it would be possible to test. But we don't vOv
19 Aug 2013, 22:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Make MG42 3 man Maxim 4 man.
Maxim = faster set up smaller arc, slightly less suppression but slightly more surviable
MG42 = Slower set up wider arc, slightly more suppression but slightly less survivable
Damage Same.
20 Aug 2013, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 21:17 PMraw

And I already answered you. I'd like to see the maxim have the same sup/pin speed as the MG42. My cristal ball is broken, so I can't tell you what that would do to balance. If we had something like Blizzard's Galaxy Editor it would be possible to test. But we don't vOv

I'd like to see Oorah on Grens too, but not like its gonna happen.

Nor does that in and of itself justify my desire in terms of balance.

Equal suppression HMGs wont work in balance, least of all because of Oorah.
20 Aug 2013, 05:25 AM

Has SotS finally matured? naaaaaah..? Can't be.
20 Aug 2013, 05:48 AM

was the sole reason you posted to try and belittle someone who tried to give some form of contribution?

Here is an idea why dont people focus more on the issues the game has and what we as a coumminity can do about it and not try to flame each other.

20 Aug 2013, 05:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Indeed Crells.

And the obvious and recurring irony among such posters being he questions SotS's "maturity", while behaving like this himself.

Herpa McDerpa...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 59
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak