Login

russian armor

Save Bug (Critical)

24 Feb 2018, 19:51 PM

Hey guys, so this is my problem:

Game crushes when i try to save and sends me back to my desktop. When i actually go back to the menu and look for the save data its not there (it doesnt get saved). I tried fixes from similar errors from other forums (crushes on load).

I cant progress in the caimpagn because 1 autosave/save and i lose all progress and have to restart. Skirmish against AI cant be saved either (basically anything that can be saved doesnt save)

Please help
25 Feb 2018, 04:29 AM

Have you made sure there is enough space on the drive where it saves? I do not know where this would save to but check there first.
25 Feb 2018, 08:01 AM

It saves to C: drive (documents/my games). Definitely check if you have space on C: drive. You can also try renaming that COH2 folder in documents so that the game creates a new one, but you still have a backup of all your replays and stuff.

Also, run the Steam cache verification tool on COH2 to ensure you don't have corrupt game files causing this problem.
25 Feb 2018, 12:28 PM

Thanks for your replies guys. None of those were actually the solution but i fixed it.

I had to go to documents- COH2- Playback- properties

There i fixed it by editing all the profile systems and network from denying to allow.

(i can write more detailed if anyone needs help)

I booted up the game and tried to save and it worked as normal!
9 Mar 2018, 23:03 PM

I am having the very same problem and none of the above have fixed the problem. Every time I try to save a game I only get BUGSPLAT back to my desktop. My C drive is 2TB and is 95% unused space. Any other ideas?
10 Mar 2018, 00:12 AM

A follow-up: I am running Windows 10 on Alienware... just to rule this in or out, I disabled Windows Defender. I can now save games and replays normally. I know not why. Weird.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 58
unknown 1
Germany 42

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak