Login

russian armor

[1v1] SU vs OST - Any advice is welcome

11 Feb 2018, 04:04 AM

Hey, I'm LooniestRumble in the match, the Ostheer player.

So, i was in the backfoot at the early game because of the double snipers, my idea for picking encirclement was mostly for the camo and the sprint, to try and counter them with that, I don't have Jager Light Infatry, so that´s the reason I didn't use it, and to use Stormtroopers in case I required more infantry.

Besides that, I think my biggest mistake was teching to tier 4 and get Panthers, they didn't do what I was expecting in countering the enemy tanks, while my MG and infatry kept the VPs safe.

I lost a few units to snipers, mostly because micro overload, so I have to play more to improve that.

Besides that, I just feel that my lost is to blame on the Panthers, and that's what bothers me the most, it had to be more than just that, because I had a solid mid game, and was dominating late, so, just to drop the ball like that requieres more than going T4 and getting Panthers.

As always, thanks for any advice you can give in any topic related to the match, because I just can't seem to understand what exactly went wrong besides bad engaments that failed because of the Panthers and some bad RNG.
17 Feb 2018, 20:21 PM

From my perspective, you didn't use these Panthers as you should use them: on distance and with proper infantry support. Of course, RNG was really pathetic, panther missed that SU few times, even stationary but I still think, with little AT gun support (you had really big float) and panzerfausts, you could easily won this.
17 Feb 2018, 21:55 PM

Now that you mention it, I do feel that my Pak 40 play, and AT guns in general, is lacking, I just feel I don't have them where I need them, or that they are too slow to get anywhere. Maybe is just the lack of experience to know where to have them and to remember to give the move orders when I move my army, instead of after the enemy tanks are breaking my defenses or attacks.

Anyway, thanks for the pointers, Frost.
18 Feb 2018, 11:05 AM

I'm here to serve. If you have any questions, or you feel my answer was too short, don't be afraid about asking me on steam or via private messages.
20 Mar 2018, 14:22 PM

I found tightrope's videos particularly helpful when it comes to attacking tanks with AT guns effectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDMmxh52YZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avFkuz3DrnA
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight