Login

russian armor

Loadout resets every time!

10 Feb 2018, 13:32 PM

Hi, my Loadout resets everytime I launch the game and it's just so annoying! I have googled a lot. also contacted the useless, time-wasting SEGA support. nothing helpful found. could U guys help me? it's so sad that the devs make still sell this game but don't have a decent support for the game. U can also see what happened with support below. it's good to mention I have this problem in my Lap-top and PC. so it shouldn't be a file/system issue probably.

Update: I have checked my problem with a friend's account. had no issue with that account. it means this is not from my side (anything related to my hardware and OS).

Warlordmsm October 10, 2017 23:41
hi, it's clear. I have to setup my loadout each time I launch the game. I have tried saving my loadouts in multiple save files which didn't help

Nadim October 11, 2017 10:26
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting SEGA Customer Support.
We are sorry to read that you are encountering an issue with Company of Heroes 2.
Please refer to the following article from Steam’s Knowledgebase and follow thoroughly all the steps mentioned:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638
Once that's done, start steam again and reverify your game files as shown here:
1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…’ button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
6. We recommend verifying your files twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded
Important: Please double check that all your Windows Updates are fully installed and completely up to date.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq
Please let us know how you get on.
Best Regards,
Nadim
SEGA Customer Support

Warlordmsm October 13, 2017 18:08
hi, I did all of these steps but it didn't change anything. my Windows is up to date and I didn't do anything special before it happened

Nadim October 13, 2017 20:35
Hello,
In order to investigate this further, we will need some more information.
1 - Please let us know on which hard drive your current version of Steam and the game are installed.
2 - What other periphery tools or USB devices; extra monitors; joysticks ect are connected via USB onto your PC?
3 - Are you using overclocked graphics card or CPU?
We also need some information on your computer. This can be gathered using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and the msinfo32 text file. To access these:
DXDIAG:
https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/201556491-Creating-a-DXDIAG-Report
MSINFO32:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1376-WTZN-9132
Please attach both files into your next correspondence.
We will use the information you send us through your support ticket to investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.
Best Regards,
Nadim
SEGA Customer Support

Warlordmsm October 14, 2017 16:20
Hi,
1) I only have one Drive(it's a SSD) which is obviously Drive C.
2) I only have my mouse and keyboard connected to my Laptop. I use the HDMI port for monitor.
3) no
all requested files are attached.

Nadim October 16, 2017 15:51
Hello,
Your laptop features two graphics devices which are managed by your system, depending on your computer’s resources demand at each particular time.
If you are having a desktop pc please verify if your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the default slot of the motherboard.
To set a preferred graphics processor for the game, using Nvidia' Control Panel:
1. Ensure that you have the latest GPU drivers from either your Laptop’s manufacturer’s official website or Nvidia’s website.
2. Right click on the desktop and select ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ Then click ‘Manage 3D Settings’ (on the left hand side).
3. Once the Manage 3D Settings page has launched, look for the games start exe file in the drop-down box underneath “1. Select a program to customize” and left-click on it. If it is not listed, either launch the game then return to the 3D Settings menu, or select ‘Add’, then ‘Browse’ and navigate to the games Steam App folder (commonly “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XXXX”) and select the games exe file.
4. Under ‘2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program’ select the GPU you wish to use to run the game (For the best performance but higher power-consumption, select High-Performance NVIDIA processor *see attached screenshot).
5. Once you have selected your preference, click ‘Apply’ in the bottom right corner to confirm & apply..
Also please connect your AC power cable to your laptop.
Some laptop computers will not run with the second more powerful discrete graphics card unless connected to the mains AC.
If the nVidia card is still not used in the game or the same issue is still occurring, please make a picture/ screenshot from the settings of NVIDIA so we can see that the game was correctly set to "high performance".
Note: Please save the image as .JPEG and make sure it is not bigger than 2MB in size.
Once this is received, we will try to assist you further.
Best Regards,
Nadim
SEGA Customer Support

Warlordmsm October 16, 2017 19:42
I wonder how this things are connected to my problem. I'm sure my Laptop uses the dedicated Nvidia card for the game and even if it didn't, it had nothing to do with my problem. my problem is the game doesn't save my custom loadout(which means I have to choose my commanders and intel bulletins and tank skins each time I enter the game for each faction). some other people had this issue too:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/24654/loadouts-getting-deleted/page/3
https://trello.com/c/lqrT4qUj/83-loadout-issues
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/29wgik/my_loadouts_keep_resetting_upon_restarting_the/
I had several issues with game and I contacted SEGA for help. I didn't receive any useful information or any solution at all. I guess you are just wating my time and I have to try something else myself.
10 Feb 2018, 14:38 PM

Not that I'll be much more helpful than sega, but you can check write permissions or isn't read-only the folder (and files inside) %Documents%\My Games\Company of Heroes 2
10 Feb 2018, 14:58 PM
Donator 11

The loadout doesn't save if you quit the game in any other way than clicking the exit button in main menu. So if you bugsplat or you kill the game with alt+f4 or any other mean it will not save. What I do is I restart the game every time I change my loadout, not to lose the changes if the game bugs out.

Try to do exactly that: loading the game, changing the loadout, closing it via main menu and loading again. It should be there.

If it is not, you need to enable steam cloud sync in steam settings for the game under update tab.
10 Feb 2018, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 14:38 PMHater
Not that I'll be much more helpful than sega, but you can check write permissions or isn't read-only the folder (and files inside) %Documents%\My Games\Company of Heroes 2

actually it is read-only. this a problem I got with Windows 10. all my files and folders are read-only, but can be edited. if I uncheck the read-only box, it will get back to read only in a few seconds. I use many programs. if this causes problem, it should happen for other programs as well. but it is just CoH2

The loadout doesn't save if you quit the game in any other way than clicking the exit button in main menu. So if you bugsplat or you kill the game with alt+f4 or any other mean it will not save. What I do is I restart the game every time I change my loadout, not to lose the changes if the game bugs out.

Try to do exactly that: loading the game, changing the loadout, closing it via main menu and loading again. It should be there.

If it is not, you need to enable steam cloud sync in steam settings for the game under update tab.

I have done such things several times. thanks anyway.
10 Feb 2018, 16:59 PM

actually it is read-only. this a problem I got with Windows 10. all my files and folders are read-only, but can be edited. if I uncheck the read-only box, it will get back to read only in a few seconds.

It isn't normal and you may wish to fix this anyway. Is UAC active? Disable it. Run everything as admin. By default admin accounts are restricted too. Check this out https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-completely-disable-uac-on-windows-10
After that under Security tab of folder's Properties make yourself an Owner and grant every permission you see there. If you have Windows Home there could be a trouble: you have to do all of this by editing the registry and using cmd/icacls tools.

if this causes problem, it should happen for other programs as well. but it is just CoH2

Depends how software treats read-only flag. iirc some can ignore them.
11 Feb 2018, 14:17 PM
Donator 11

23 Feb 2018, 14:00 PM

god, i know why i don`t have win 10 on my gaming PC :D

try this here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cannot-change-filesfolders-from-read-only/fabf4d26-972a-4881-9f0e-38f788fe1f43

Windows 10 is messed up, but I already tried these things and what I have found out is this:
I have checked my problem with a friend's account. had no issue with that account. it means this is not from my side and has to do something with my account info on their servers or steam cloud.
23 Feb 2018, 14:20 PM

The only way to fix this problem is to play with another steam account.
24 Feb 2018, 17:29 PM
Donator 11

Windows 10 is messed up, but I already tried these things and what I have found out is this:
I have checked my problem with a friend's account. had no issue with that account. it means this is not from my side. this is their's fault!

hmmm, very weird. the only thing i can think of then is ferwiners solution:

but if you tried that already then i have no idea
30 Apr 2020, 19:48 PM

Update after 2 years:
According to warnings.log (at C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2), I suspect these messages are related to my problem:

00:05:26.03 Not able to open the offline items file
00:05:28.82 FILESYSTEM -- filepath failure, missing alias 'TOOLSDATA:autoloddecimator.lua'
00:05:44.29 RelicLinkListener::OnAccountEvent - AET_Login - Result [0]
00:05:44.30 Not able to open the offline items file
00:13:05.81 FILESYSTEM -- filepath failed to remove alias, missing alias 'stats'
Application closed without errors

This would be a great help if anybody can check their log and see if whether they find these messages
4 May 2020, 09:49 AM

After 3 years and for the third time, I contacted Sega support for this problem and their instruction solved my problem:

Please try using MsConfig to rule out the possibility of a conflict with another software/application:

- Click the 'Start' button and type: "msconfig"

If your computer is in Normal Startup do the following:

- Click the ‘Selective Startup’ button

- Uncheck the “Load Startup items” (or “Load Startup Group items”) box

- Select the “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft Services”

- Click “Disable All”

- Click “Apply” and “Close”

- Restart the computer when prompted

- Once restarted, if the system configuration window appears, close the window. Select “No” to restarting if prompted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★