Login

russian armor

1v1 OKW vs. UKF on Langreskaya

2 Feb 2018, 01:29 AM

I've been losing pretty consistently to the British Special Weapons commander, and this match is pretty typical of how they play out for me. I managed to do pretty well in the early game, and built a Luchs to capitalize on this. However, once he started getting lots of Vickers lmgs and tank hunter tommies out, I was beaten back through sheer firepower. The stuka and jagdpanzer I built later were meant to punish his blobs and prepare for his crocodile, but they didn't seem to do enough. I chose Fortifications in the hopes that I would build a howitzer or pak 43 later on, but didn't have the time or manpower. Any advice is appreciated.
2 Feb 2018, 18:15 PM

Hello my Crabbie,

I will take a look at your game and give you some feedback soon :)

Hector
2 Feb 2018, 19:05 PM

Hello my Crabbie,

I will take a look at your game and give you some feedback soon :)

Hector

Awesome, thanks.
2 Feb 2018, 19:08 PM

It happens every map, once the brits reach critical mass with their 5 men tommies double brens/vickers squads, specially on maps like this there is not much to do, only keep playing and getting better to out play/micro your oponent.
2 Feb 2018, 21:08 PM

So, here is my promised review. This time it will be rather short to my standards, because you are a good player and you know the basic stuff, so I do not need to describe your every move. Take this as a compliment <444>3

As you have already said, you really did good in the ealry game and hold his cut off for a long time.

But after a while you started to wear off, losing infantry fights and bash yourself against the wall. You wasn't able to press to his cut off any more, because you had the mobile faction and he had the straightforward one.

That's why you should have focused on the flanks much more than you did, aiming for both fuels. This shouldnt have really been a problem, because with a mobile Luchs, holding flanks is a piece of cake.

When it comes to your mid game playstyle, I would improve your Luchs timing (could have been 13 seconds faster, if only you have clicked the Luchs button the moment you have built mechanized HQ). I would also urge you to spend less munnition on incing nades and rather use it on something lasting, like volks STGs or Obers LMGS. You have wasted many nades, because you used them even in fights you would have clearly won even without them.

Also try to improve your unit preservation, you have lost few squads because you capped and fight with injured suqads without paying attention to them. Try to work on this one. Also try to pick medical crates more often, to have less injured squads.

In the lategame there were few mistakes.

a) your schwer HQ position wasn't great, I would move a bit to the left, so it covers both cut off and munniton.

b) I would go double obers to counter his infantry blobs and upgrade them with lmgs

c) I would pick different doctrine. It is obvious tht your doctrine is hardcountered by his, because all your static defences will dissappear the moment he call his allmighty RNG bomb artillery strike.

In the very lategame you have made several bad teching decissions, like going Walking stuka instead of Panther (or Kingtiger) and constantly bashing your head against his wall of units, instead of disrupting his lines by clever attacks at the flanks.

If you went first Panther, you could have killed his forward reinforcmenet HT and then you should have call in JP4 to counter crocodile and in the end for example Hetzer to dominate his infantry. Wulfrahmen is almost never a good idea in 1v1.

Hopefully my oservations will be put into a good use and you have learnt something from my (little) wall of text.

Good luck in future battles comrade, you are really good players, just focus more on those little details and focus more on the map as a whole, not just little micro pieces.

I have had the same problem like a year ago. I was really good at picking fights and all, but in the end I have lost several games, becuase I bashed myself against the wall istead of trying a new way of approach.

And if you ever need any help, you know where to go :)

Hector
4 Feb 2018, 04:54 AM

Thanks for the really thorough review hector, I'll try my best to utilize your advice in my future games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★