Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg and Turtling

• This thread is locked
8 Jan 2018, 18:13 PM

Good morning everyone, relatively new player here. I've been off and on for the past year or so but so far I've mainly stuck to screwing around in bot games with friends and have only recently gotten into playing online. After playing pretty consistently in the past few weeks I had a couple of questions regarding the "best" playstyle in this game. This is only regarding the Axis factions, which I exclusively use (I'm hardcore into German military history and the other factions don't interest me at all.) Also, I don't have any replays but I'll try and post one when I play next.

When I first bought the game I played as the OKW because they had all of the cool experimental units. I realized that in order to be successful with them you had to be super aggressive or you'll stall out fast because (for some reason) they can't build caches and their tech is super slow compared to the spammy Soviets. Why do I see so many OKW players "turtle up" on victory points? I've been playing far more Ostheer (Wehrmacht) recently and I try and push as far as possible until I get some MGs and mortars covering a victory point. Most of my teammates have been OKW players that capture one point and sit on it, spamming Liegs and Rakets and (I guess?) hoping to get to the late game. When this happens, should I do the same thing to one of the other points?

I've tried continuing to be aggressive but the two enemy factions (usually Soviets and Brits, hardly ever see USF) figure out they can just group on me and leave the turtle alone. What should I do about this? My doctrine loadout is usually Mechanized Assault, Spearhead, and Joint Operations so I have a good mix of offense and defense. I've read that it's wiser to counter-pick enemy commanders but I know I'm not near good or knowledgeable enough at the game for that.

One last question: is blobbing still a thing? I rarely see anyone but Soviets and my OKW teammates do it, and it always has mixed results.
8 Jan 2018, 18:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Any good reason why you sought to introduce 'SS' into your text? All it does is to inflame and cause rancour.

I am leaving this thread uncloaked, in case you want to copy, and edit, then repost a less inflammatory thread. As it is, this will be locked, before all hell lets loose. Please do not repeat. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★