Login

russian armor

[1v1] Please help me with USF

8 Jan 2018, 08:43 AM

USF(me) vs OKW 1v1

I thought i was doing pretty good against this guy for the beginning of the game. However, when his Luchs hit the field, i realized I had no AT. This BO was a little different than what I normally do. I wanted to try Infantry commander and terrorize him with dual mortarHT.

This worked OK, but I feel like I got hung up on bombarding buildings and never really went after other parts of the map.

I don't really know what I should have out to anticipate the panzer 2. In the past, I would but zookas on a few squads, but I was totally out of munitions.

thanks
9 Jan 2018, 10:29 AM

I'll see if I can get time to look at this tonight :)
11 Jan 2018, 04:53 AM

I'll see if I can get time to look at this tonight :)

Thanks! Looking forward to it
11 Jan 2018, 19:16 PM

Sorry for the delay. Here we go (I'm writing as I watch):

- Decent choice of commanders and bulletins. If I was to suggest something then it would be to swap the riflemen reload bonus for the riflemen experience, but that's really nitpicking.
- Small thing, but your eschelons were derping around a bit in the beginning. In the end they made the right choice however, and went to secure the cut-off. Always start with that :)
- 1:30 when you pick a docrine with sandbags, you should make use of this whenever possible. Build sandbags right up to the centre of munitions and fuel points so your enemy can't benefit from them. you can also build tank traps for similar green cover and wire off the sides so the opponent can't benefit. All this can be done within the time it takes to cap and will give good defensive bonuses. on an open map like langreskaya you really can't have too many sandbag positions. Just make sure that your opponent can't benefit from them.
- 2 mins. good engagement and grenade dodge on the west side. You completely outplayed your opponent there. no need to retreat though! you still had 4 men and could have capped the point. as you did't have an ambulance yet there is really no reason for them to pull back at this point.
- 3:30 good use of garrison, but your eschelons should already be behind cover while capping the opponent muni. No reason for them to stand out in the open.
- 4 mins. good job with the kubel. You are doing garrsion fighting right :D
- 5 mins. a tad risky to go for a Utility car at this point in stead of an ambulance. It is not completely undoable, but you should consider having your wounded units hang back to heal up and allow the opponent to take some ground. Territories can be retaken at this point, but the manpower bleed of fightin with depleted units will can end up biting you in the a**, especially as USF.
- 5:15 veery late retreat from the riflemen! it was pure luck that they survived.
- 10 mins. you ran into the same mg a couple of time and ended up wasting a smokegrenade and immediately retreating. having two (!) mortar HT on the field you could easily have used their free smoke ability on the house before advancing. Even if the mg had left it would have cost you nothing. Also two mortar ht at this point is a tad much, except for the lulz ;)
- 10:30 when he did the infantry push he had no veichles to back him up so there was no need to retreat all your veichles back to base. If you were feeling a bit cheeky you could even have let him give you a single faust to waste his munitions, as your veichle crew could have fixed in afterwards in less than a minute.
- 11 mins in you still havent placed any mines but have gone heavily into doctrinal lmgs. While this is certainly a viable strategy I would recommend that you do some defensive mining at this stage of the game, so you can stop a rush dead in its tracks.
- 13 mins It seems you are forgetting to use the mortars barrage ability. The ability is free and increases the rate of fire. for some units it also increases the range. Use it every time you have a good idea of where an opponents unit might be. The AA half track is also generally the better option when going leutenant and picking a doctrine where you can build mines. using the utility car only to fight with is straight up a weaker option than picking the AA-HT.
- 14 mins. And here we see the problem when the luchs hit the field. outside rifle grenades you have no AT whatsoever and no munitions to spare. An AA half track could have kept it off but lacking both that and munis It is more or less GG at this point.
- trying to go for captain as a last ditch result wasn't a bad idea, but unfortunately your lack of foresight had already set the cards for you at this point. This might be less relevant after the new patch, but earlier when the luchs was a 90% certainty from OKW, I would say that skipping lt and going captain is generally the better choice vs OKW as it gives more AT options. If going LT you HAVE to prioritize zooks over lmgs. double zook on a rear eschelon is the absolute minimum before even considering the delicious 1919s :)

Overall you played well and outplayed your opponent on several occations. Especially your use of buildings was very good. You main flaw was a lack of thinking ahead. When things are going poorly you need to think of the things you need to change it, when things are going good like they did for you, you need to think of what you can expect to face next. you were dominating so much on your infantry game that you forgot everything about having a counter for veichles. For all the other minor mistakes, this was what ultimately lost you the fight. Always think of the next step.

Hopefully this was of some helpå and don't hesitate if you want to ask other questions or want me to clarify something :)

-
14 Jan 2018, 19:40 PM

Thank you so much. I really see what you mean about not anticipating what is coming next. I have played a few more games with your comments in mind and it has been very helpful!
16 Jan 2018, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 19:40 PMryati
Thank you so much. I really see what you mean about not anticipating what is coming next. I have played a few more games with your comments in mind and it has been very helpful!

I'm glad to hear it! Thinking ahead is always important, but especially for USF as people can sometimes get so invested in their strong early game, that they forget to look ahead and prepare for the stong german late game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
United States 2
South Africa 1
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %