Login

russian armor

KV-8 is too cheap.

13 Aug 2013, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 03:50 AMNullist
Overall, my best suggestion to ALL flame effects in the game (yes, even including infantry flamers) is that they should only fire when static.

That's a solid idea, only problem would be with the current pathing and how some vehicles will spin around, might frustrate some people.
13 Aug 2013, 17:28 PM

maybe 80% search for germans because you need some micro ( I´m just kidding ;) )

the KV-8 liquidate everything without armour in a couple of sec.
grens with shreks are absolutely useless. The fuel cost is a bit too lowI guess.

KV-8's are the hard counter to Pgrens. They are supposed to be fried by it. Otherwise, what is the point of building a KV-8 at all?

All the KV-8 maybe needs is a speed reduction so it can't catch retreaters so easily.
13 Aug 2013, 17:28 PM

Weird when I get home from work I never ever see more germs then sovs. Its usually 60/40 when I playso I dont know what people are talking about. Most the time its sovs outnumbering germs.
13 Aug 2013, 17:46 PM

My point being you can't expect the kv8 to be just like the flame ht, it's a tank not a half track why would relic make it identical or try to balance it to one just seriously think about that for a second. Why would anyone in their right mind build 3 flame hts even if they somehow had the munition resources? They wouldn't (besides the fact why would anyone ever need 3 flame hts in a 1v1 game?) for the same reason no one would spam kv8s against anyone competent; all it takes is 1 tank and both the kv8 and flame hts lose a lot of their offensive capability.

The Dave; *FIRST OF ALL IF YOU FIND MY POSTS PAINFUL TO READ SIMPLY DON'T READ THEM* Now that we got that out of the way I hope you realize that if you make your opponent counter your flame ht with those options (which in reality probably aren't even optional in a close game they're required) than you've already "countered" the kv8 and don't even have to worry about one the second you see guard infantry most likely in the first 6 mins of the game.

With their linear teching the German player should easily be able to dictate the game; build a couple mgs and try to get the Soviet to get t1 scout cars, follow up your mgs with a flame ht so the Soviet will have to either get guards or additionally spent 50 fuel and 600 manpower on his first at gun; if he gets Guards you've cut down his doctrine options and don't have to worry about either shock troops or kv8s, if they decided to go for an at gun by spending resources on both t1 and t2 you're already ahead and free to tech to a p4 that will counter his kv8 nicely supported with your own at guns. If you happen to lose your flame ht to anti tank grenades and mines it's most likely because of your own carelessness as a ht can outrun an oorahd conscript squad and it's flame thrower range is longer than the at grenade throwing distance.

Some people have to realize that there's more to the game than just buffing and nerfing units, it's a lot easier to just comment in any one of these balance threads with "-50/+50 FUEL, DONE!" like most people tend to do rather than to sit down and actually think about the mechanics in the game. Let's just make everything counterable by everything. Tweaking the unit stats should be the last resort, if kv8s really are uncounterale in EVERY scenario and happen to be a "must have" spammable by everyone in every game unit like the p4 and su85 than in that case they need major adjustments and I personally don't see that being the case...yet.
13 Aug 2013, 17:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 03:50 AMNullist
Overall, my best suggestion to ALL flame effects in the game (yes, even including infantry flamers) is that they should only fire when static.

That's already the case with the Engineer flamethrowers.
But this would affect the FHT much more than the KV8 since it has much lower damage output.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★