Login

russian armor

Did i miss something here or are flame engineers OP?

2 Jan 2018, 09:33 AM

As i Said in the Title and how should i stop this from happening again?
4 Jan 2018, 08:11 AM

Allright, Christmas break is over and you should get some feedback :D

Are you looking for a general review of the Game or just a specific answer to your question?

If it is the latter, then I'm pretty sure that the fighting ability of combat engineers have not been touched in the latest patch and I can't think of anything that would have given them a significant power creep (but perhaps some of the expert strategists have a different opinion on this?)

As for lend lease I think that this should in general be alot weaker than the pre-patch version. This is largely due to the fact that the dshk has been reined in to justify the cost-efficiency and the the Sherman being tied to t4 rather than an independent call-in.

I took the liberty and look up your respective levels and the guys you were facing are of slightly higher rank so perhaps you were just outplayed?

If you are looking for an actual review of the game, then please let me know and I'll try to look at it tonight :)
4 Jan 2018, 20:05 PM

Yes please, a general review would be great. Thanks
7 Jan 2018, 05:50 AM

Allright, Christmas break is over and you should get some feedback :D

Are you looking for a general review of the Game or just a specific answer to your question?

If it is the latter, then I'm pretty sure that the fighting ability of combat engineers have not been touched in the latest patch and I can't think of anything that would have given them a significant power creep (but perhaps some of the expert strategists have a different opinion on this?)

As for lend lease I think that this should in general be alot weaker than the pre-patch version. This is largely due to the fact that the dshk has been reined in to justify the cost-efficiency and the the Sherman being tied to t4 rather than an independent call-in.

I took the liberty and look up your respective levels and the guys you were facing are of slightly higher rank so perhaps you were just outplayed?

If you are looking for an actual review of the game, then please let me know and I'll try to look at it tonight :)

8 Jan 2018, 08:07 AM

Allright I'll see if I have time to look at it tonight :)
8 Jan 2018, 21:32 PM

Allright here's my review which I'm writing as I'm watching. Also I will keep my focus on you and the soviet player rather than the rest of the game:

- 2 mins in. it is a bit of an unfortunate placement of your mg allowing it to be flanked. usually your mg should move behind your first forward infantry so it can scout ahead. Good job with the soft retreat, so you didn't loose too much field presense.
- 3 mins in. As soon as the soviet player takes the big house, so might want to just set up the preimiter there and focus capping elsewhere. At this point he was literally keeping three of your units busy with a single engineer squad. you also held your mg a bit too far back which meant it did nothing to contribute with flushing the house.
- 4.30 again you get flanked by engineers. you should try to consider your firing arc more carefully and also keep the mg supported. Remember if there are multiple enemies within the firing arc you can manually target the different squads. this is usefull for supressing many squads. Just don't misclick or your mg will pack up ;)
- 5.30 it should be noted that your team mate is getting his a** handed to him by the USF player, so there's a fair chance that these setbacks are the cause of a snowball effect which is more or less out of your control.
- 6+ mins is a bit late for a medic bunker and you sent in some veery depleted squads which you simply cannot afford when they cost 30 mp/soldier! If you don't get an earlier med bunker, you need to use the vet 1 medical ability to head very wounded squads.
- 7 mins. not sure why you went for the 251 ht rather than a 222, when you didn't have the munis for an upgrade. the 222 would have been amazing vs the engineer heavy build.
- 10 point at this stage your ally had put you guys way behind and the soviet was in a place where he could expand outside the fuel point. I'm guessing it's only downhill from here :(
- From 12 and onwards you were more or less without fuel point and the game was effectively over as enemy could just bute force their way to victory. There's really not much to say other than you were outplayed and the USF setbacks played a large part in the defeat.

Overall you definitely pulled your weight in the match and a large part of the defeat was out of your hands. Having said that you did overcommit to the right flank in stead of harrassing more on the centre or potentially supporting your team mate.
9 Jan 2018, 05:42 AM

Allright here's my review which I'm writing as I'm watching. Also I will keep my focus on you and the soviet player rather than the rest of the game:

- 2 mins in. it is a bit of an unfortunate placement of your mg allowing it to be flanked. usually your mg should move behind your first forward infantry so it can scout ahead. Good job with the soft retreat, so you didn't loose too much field presense.
- 3 mins in. As soon as the soviet player takes the big house, so might want to just set up the preimiter there and focus capping elsewhere. At this point he was literally keeping three of your units busy with a single engineer squad. you also held your mg a bit too far back which meant it did nothing to contribute with flushing the house.
- 4.30 again you get flanked by engineers. you should try to consider your firing arc more carefully and also keep the mg supported. Remember if there are multiple enemies within the firing arc you can manually target the different squads. this is usefull for supressing many squads. Just don't misclick or your mg will pack up ;)
- 5.30 it should be noted that your team mate is getting his a** handed to him by the USF player, so there's a fair chance that these setbacks are the cause of a snowball effect which is more or less out of your control.
- 6+ mins is a bit late for a medic bunker and you sent in some veery depleted squads which you simply cannot afford when they cost 30 mp/soldier! If you don't get an earlier med bunker, you need to use the vet 1 medical ability to head very wounded squads.
- 7 mins. not sure why you went for the 251 ht rather than a 222, when you didn't have the munis for an upgrade. the 222 would have been amazing vs the engineer heavy build.
- 10 point at this stage your ally had put you guys way behind and the soviet was in a place where he could expand outside the fuel point. I'm guessing it's only downhill from here :(
- From 12 and onwards you were more or less without fuel point and the game was effectively over as enemy could just bute force their way to victory. There's really not much to say other than you were outplayed and the USF setbacks played a large part in the defeat.

Overall you definitely pulled your weight in the match and a large part of the defeat was out of your hands. Having said that you did overcommit to the right flank in stead of harrassing more on the centre or potentially supporting your team mate.

Thanks, this helps quite a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS