Login

russian armor

OST(me) vs. UKF on Semosky

29 Dec 2017, 21:56 PM

Any advice on how I could've better responded to my opponent's strategy is appreciated. In honesty, I probably could've microed around those Vickers better, invested in a mortar earlier than I did, and put more pressure on the southern part of the map. By the time he had his mortar pit and 5 man bren tommies out, it was pretty much GG.
5 Jan 2018, 21:37 PM

Hey,

Personally I like this match. You have decent micro and some ideas in your head. You still had the chance and some initiative when I thought you were actually lost. Sadly, executions and some choices weren't that good but hey, you can easily improve it and I want to help you with that :D Let's start:

1. Poor choices in early game. At the beginning, you have seen the vickers running to your cut off to help his Infantry section. At this moment I'd canceled that gren squad in a produce and then buy a quickly mortar which could quickly push him off. For some reason you choose a sniper, which isn't that effective in countering HMG's since mortar does it a lot better in general. Not even speaking that vickers gaining more vision and range and then sniper loses his point of exist.

In addition, I don't understand why you haven't build more infantry at later stages. You had man power. I suggest to build rather more grens than pgrens at the stage where you had 2 pgrens. You needed more capping power and of course for some fausts. Good rifle granades also work, and it's far better than throwing bundle nades which became overpriced since they can't "one shoot" these wooden buildings and rather deals the damage than killing the models.

2.Too much focusing on a center of the map. It's basically problem with all the people who plays this map. In this case he just put a MG-42 in the building at cut off to his munition, and even with panzer support, you didn't even bother to look there. When you finally were under press-ion of the lose, you finally move there something to clear this out but it was fairly too late. This problem might results from lack of capping potential, but next time, always remember that all the precious resources on this map are on the sides, not the center.

It's not that much I can also write. In sum up I can say you have lost to your wrong decisions and ignoring the rest of map, focusing at his strongest defense than rather at the frontiers where he had only single machine guns for covering all the point with juicy resources.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★