Login

russian armor

3v3/4v4 Replay Viewing Tips

27 Dec 2017, 21:06 PM

Hello fellow exploiters.

One of my favorite things to do is partisan three 4v4 games in a row, wipe stuff, then watch the replays from the enemy POV afterward.

Since those partisan glory days are probably over i'd like to share my method of watching 4v4 or 3v3 replays, which emphasizes viewing multiple players quickly.
Hopefully you already know this info.

Step 0: Win or Lose game and ask, how did X destroy my Y?
Step 1: Load replay
Step 2: Select a enemy HQ building, preferably the player you primarily fought against/that was in your lane
Step 3: Hotkey that HQ building to control group 1
Step 4: Repeat Step 2 and 3 for the rest of the enemy players, hot-keying their HQs 1-4 (CTRL+2,CTRL+3... etc.)
Step 5: Turn on follow cam

Now you will be able to switch between the viewpoints of 4 players using the number keys 1-4, without interruption.

Notes:
1. You don't see mouse movements, but you do see abilities being used and cool-downs on the unit panel.

2. I prefer the multiple army UI to view resources, commander choices and abilities used between all players, but the single army UI works fine.

3. There usually is a small amount of lag when switching between players. I also stutter heavily when switching UI, so i don't recommend switching the UI often.

3. You can hotkey the HQ buildings of ALL players and switch between all views with the caveat that FOG OF WAR must be turned off(or there is vision of the hotkeyed unit/building). I personally like fog of war on to get myself familiar with that wounded model on the ground providing vision to that JPIV that hits my katy from across the field max range so I don't do this a lot. I either watch the view from the enemy or ally side.

4. You can also hotkey units, but if the unit dies or is retreating you lose your hotkey.

So that's KB/M

If you have a gamepad and keyboard emulation software try the controller mapping in the attached image.
It's really fun to have total freedom when watching epic battles. Using follow cam will limit your ability to manipulate camera, so I suggest to turn it off when using a gamepad.
https://imgur.com/a/Vv7Vb
I don't know how to embed a image...

Keys
Left Stick: (Directional Keys) Move camera
L3: (Numpad 0)Tactical map
Right Stick: (Mouse movement)Move cursor/mouse. Set this sensitivity mid-high if you can but keep it smooth.
R3: (Middle Mouse) Mouse pan toggle. Will be reversed, at least it is for me due to right stick directions. Provides smoothest panning.
A: (CTRL+F) Toggle Fog of War
B: (Backspace) Double tap to Reset view
X: (') Follow unit(s)
Y: (CTRL-T) Toggle Taskbar. Icons stay

DPad Left: (CTRL-U) Toggle UI. You'll lose all icons but looks epic, like the map loading screens
Dpad Right: (CTRL-T) Toggle Taskbar.
Dpad Up: (PgUp) Zoom in
Dpad Down: (PgDn) Zoom out

Left Trigger: (Alt) Pressing and holding alt stops the mouse cursor and allows you to rotate the camera around. Use to slowly rotate around an epic battle, or rotate around a followed unit.
Right Trigger: (Mouse 1) Select
Left Bumper: (-) Slow down replay speed
Right Bumper: (+) Speed up replay speed

Start: (F10) Menu
Back: (Spacebar) Double tap for most recent event of the viewed player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight