Login

russian armor

[1v1] USF vs WM got #rekt

27 Dec 2017, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I a the USF player.

Would like another person's opinion on this game. I was completely out of my element playing against this strategy, struggled to stay afloat throughout the game, then I lost.

Confessions:
- poor early engagements against Assault Grens
- got both of my mortars wiped for no reason
- didn't bring up enough AT
- poor engagements against Panzergrenadiers
- no idea which doctrine to pick

Any suggestions or advice would be great!

4 Jan 2018, 20:24 PM

Hey,

I was really surprised that assault grenadieres could be that effective against somebody, but hey, I'm actually here to help you in becoming more better in your strategy. I'll refer to your points first, then I may add something personal. Let's start:

1.Poor early engagements against Assault Grenadieres - I was reaaaly surprised what he did with his first assault grenadieres squad. I mean how much damage he dealt. When you noticed them, you should press stop button with your Rifleman squad, deal as many damage you can do without taking a risk of getting too much damage and then press retreat button. You wouldn't lose much because they nearly entered the battlefield. Instead of this, you decided to push them into your RE's, in effect he could shoot to your running squad and not taking damage itself. You pull them back anyway as soon as you took green cover and your RE's weren't on the position as well but you probably know it right. Next time keep them in a distance, run them when they are actually on their effective range (basically point blank).

2.Got both of my mortars wiped for no reason - Next time I suggest to spread them a bit, but I'm sure your know the theory here. Also, next time, when you got a lot of man power, consider building a Pak howitzer which has a greater wipe potential and much more range, the best thing you could have done versus his MG's :D

3.Didn't bring up enough AT When he build his Panzer IV, you were in pretty bad shape with a lot of fuel and no man power. But much earlier he went only for Ass Grens and two MG's. I've no idea why you didn't decide to go for AA half track that could close this guy in the base. M20 and Stuart could be also an option, due his lack of any AT. Greyhound could be too late (you reach 5cp at 9th minute)
Same goes to the late game when you should hang reinforcements for less more half of your army and bring Jackson as soon as you could and have pretty safe future.

4.Poor engagements against Panzergrenadiers - the best what you can do against Pgrens spam, is keeping your rifles in pairs and equipping them with LMG's. 1919's are from my experience the best for it but BARs also doing their work.

5.No idea which doctrine to pick - you couldn't decide what you should take and you didn't go any of them at the end. From your perspective, Pershing should be obvious choice due his wipe capabilities, armor and overall rest of doctrine (smoke, mines and "panic" rangers who could really mess up anyway).

From my perspective, you should went for early light vehicle to control the map, get your lmg's much faster, overall hang your friendship with blobing (due its no effectiveness when you are loosing), and think about your strategy on the loading screen. The bad one is definitely not worse than any, after some time you may form your own play style which will be your trademark :D
4 Jan 2018, 23:39 PM

Thanks for providing the replay, I will definetely try that OST strat.

I'm no mentor person but you ate about all the grenades and artilleries right in the face, so there's that.

Treat assgrens like sturmpios, stand in cover and shoot them from afar.

A small thing I've noticed: You let your LT cap the mid vp while under fire from 222 in mid range. Sure, you got the VP cap but ate a lot of dmg while doing so. it cost you 2 extra reinforcements for LT and they are not cheap, so it was definetely not worth it. Plus you are feeding vet like that and for what? a few VPs which rarely ever matter. 90% of games are won and lost without VPs mattering at all if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
5 Jan 2018, 05:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks Frost and Nubber, I'll go and improve my game now!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 4
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %