Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
15 Jun 2015, 16:28 PM
Donator 11

As double Ostheer facing this Soviet strategy one of you should pick Spearhead Doctrine and wait to call in two Mortar Halftracks available at 2 CPs which can harass Soviet Snipers comfortably and escape easily once in danger due to their mobility. It is an comparatively expensive but worthy investment to counter Snipers (as well as basic infantry). The player who does not play with Spearhead should tech to Tier III as fast as possible to bring out a Panzer IV or Ostwind (Ostwind if your foes did not tech up to Tier III/Tier IV) in order to inflict losses upon hostile infantry and to threaten the Snipers permanently. 222 seems not worthy in 2v2 since your opponents can get counters out pretty quickly (Guards, AT nades, mines, etc.) whereas a Tier III tank is able to withstand more damage whilst being not so fragile and mostly surprises opponents who wait for call ins.

Alternatively you can produce Granatwerfer Teams which lack the mobility and flamer barrage. You or your partner can pick Elite Troops Doctrine if you possess it in order to bring one Mortar to veterancy 3 which results into the Granatwerfer Team having more range and higher rate of fire.

thanks a lot gonna try that out!
16 Jun 2015, 00:13 AM

Another noob question, I have a really tough time against those guys that build like a butt load of mg's in the beginning. Like so big a problem that i want to surrender within like 5 minutes. lol

i usually keep all my guys spread apart. So, they don't all get surpressed but 3 mg's pretty much base pins me. Is there any sure fire way out of this? or am i really better off just surrendering? :P

i thought about having all my guys just focus on one and try to get rid of it. but by the time i do. They already have tanks and what not. and pretty much caught with my pants down having no anti tank guns.
16 Jun 2015, 01:19 AM
Patrion 14

It depends quite heavily on what faction you are playing as, and what MG you are fighting.

USF:
1) Rush M20. You will be doing this anyways most games and the M20 will hard counter both Axis MGs by either flanking or just driving straight at it if incendiary ammo is not available. Watch for supporting infantry with pshrecks and pfausts. Armored skirts required.
2) Get grenades package for riflemen. The package gives you access to smoke rifle grenades and Mk2 grenades. Use smoke to assault Mgs frontally, 1 per mg, and grenades to quickly clear out grenades.
3) Use the USF Mortar HT with White Phosphorus to burn MGs out of buildings and disrupt enemy formations. These rounds also act as smoke cover. Spam them all day every day. Remember that they do not kill units, so you will need supporting squads to clear out the slowed and damaged units. Unfortunately, these rounds do not provide veterancy for the mortar, so you will need to use HE rounds to gain vet, or swap out the vehicle crew.
Lategame) The Priest will hardcounter support weapon builds easily, but comes very late.

Sov:
1)Get molotovs after 4 conscripts. Molotovs will allow you to force MGs out of buildings and cover, and allow you to quickly OORAH flank an mg and force it away. Always attack axis MGs from multiple angles of attack, so that 1 squad will get through.
2)Build 120mm or 82mm mortar. Both work well against MGs. Zis barrage works as well is you are floating munitions.
3) Shock troops at 2 CPs to use smoke and grenades against MGs.
4) Flamer M3 clown cars are fragile, but can easily force away mgs after a successful flank.
Lategame) The ML20 will force units to fallback, and will deal good damage to anything that stays in its arc. The B4 works too, but is more of a one-hit wonder for wipes.

OST:
1) Build grens and counter Maxims and M2HBs by uing riflegrenades at long range. You can easily wipe the crew by just firing from max range, assuming you have the munitions to do so.
2) Build 81mm mortar or MHT. Both do very well against allied MG spam due to the 81mm mortar's fast ROF. This allows you to quickly kill maxims and M2s. The MHT can use its incendiary round to force a retreat or wipe the MG crew. You Generally shouldn't use smoke as axis, since you don't really have assault troops. If you have panzergrenadiers, you can use mortar smoke to allow them to flank and throw a bundle grenade, but remember that they are expensive.
3) Pop stormtroopers from behind support weapons and throw a bundle grenade.
4) Use OH sniper. Best vs. USF mg, but works vs. Maxim.
Lategame) The Sturmpanzer 4 will wreck enemy fortified positions, and can fire over some buildings. Use attack ground to make it more accurate and able to fire indirectly.

OKW:
1) OKW has a hard time dealing with mg spam, due to their lack of early game munitions for grenades, and lack of an effective manpower support gun. Use either of the doctrines with infiltration grenades to cheaply dispose of enemy mgs.
2) If in a 2v2+, build a Stuka Zu Fus, which will force retreat (and likely wipe) all enemy support weapons in its barrage path. Very high risk, so make sure you have mines and AT to protect it, and an ally to support your strategy.
3) Fallshimjaeger can quickly flank and dispose of mgs by popping out of buildings with their high DPS and access to powerful grenades.
4) Obers in the midgame can frontally laserbeam Mgs to death with their lmg upgrade. Each burst from their lmg will likely kill a crewmember, and their bundle grenade/frangible will deal very good damage on flanked mgs. Use in spread out groups of 2.
Lategame) Sturmtiger. Because overkill or nokill.

I probably left something out, but these are generally the tools you have to work with.
16 Jun 2015, 03:18 AM

It depends quite heavily on what faction you are playing as, and what MG you are fighting.

USF:
1) Rush M20. You will be doing this anyways most games and the M20 will hard counter both Axis MGs by either flanking or just driving straight at it if incendiary ammo is not available. Watch for supporting infantry with pshrecks and pfausts. Armored skirts required.
2) Get grenades package for riflemen. The package gives you access to smoke rifle grenades and Mk2 grenades. Use smoke to assault Mgs frontally, 1 per mg, and grenades to quickly clear out grenades.
3) Use the USF Mortar HT with White Phosphorus to burn MGs out of buildings and disrupt enemy formations. These rounds also act as smoke cover. Spam them all day every day. Remember that they do not kill units, so you will need supporting squads to clear out the slowed and damaged units. Unfortunately, these rounds do not provide veterancy for the mortar, so you will need to use HE rounds to gain vet, or swap out the vehicle crew.
Lategame) The Priest will hardcounter support weapon builds easily, but comes very late.

Sov:
1)Get molotovs after 4 conscripts. Molotovs will allow you to force MGs out of buildings and cover, and allow you to quickly OORAH flank an mg and force it away. Always attack axis MGs from multiple angles of attack, so that 1 squad will get through.
2)Build 120mm or 82mm mortar. Both work well against MGs. Zis barrage works as well is you are floating munitions.
3) Shock troops at 2 CPs to use smoke and grenades against MGs.
4) Flamer M3 clown cars are fragile, but can easily force away mgs after a successful flank.
Lategame) The ML20 will force units to fallback, and will deal good damage to anything that stays in its arc. The B4 works too, but is more of a one-hit wonder for wipes.

OST:
1) Build grens and counter Maxims and M2HBs by uing riflegrenades at long range. You can easily wipe the crew by just firing from max range, assuming you have the munitions to do so.
2) Build 81mm mortar or MHT. Both do very well against allied MG spam due to the 81mm mortar's fast ROF. This allows you to quickly kill maxims and M2s. The MHT can use its incendiary round to force a retreat or wipe the MG crew. You Generally shouldn't use smoke as axis, since you don't really have assault troops. If you have panzergrenadiers, you can use mortar smoke to allow them to flank and throw a bundle grenade, but remember that they are expensive.
3) Pop stormtroopers from behind support weapons and throw a bundle grenade.
4) Use OH sniper. Best vs. USF mg, but works vs. Maxim.
Lategame) The Sturmpanzer 4 will wreck enemy fortified positions, and can fire over some buildings. Use attack ground to make it more accurate and able to fire indirectly.

OKW:
1) OKW has a hard time dealing with mg spam, due to their lack of early game munitions for grenades, and lack of an effective manpower support gun. Use either of the doctrines with infiltration grenades to cheaply dispose of enemy mgs.
2) If in a 2v2+, build a Stuka Zu Fus, which will force retreat (and likely wipe) all enemy support weapons in its barrage path. Very high risk, so make sure you have mines and AT to protect it, and an ally to support your strategy.
3) Fallshimjaeger can quickly flank and dispose of mgs by popping out of buildings with their high DPS and access to powerful grenades.
4) Obers in the midgame can frontally laserbeam Mgs to death with their lmg upgrade. Each burst from their lmg will likely kill a crewmember, and their bundle grenade/frangible will deal very good damage on flanked mgs. Use in spread out groups of 2.
Lategame) Sturmtiger. Because overkill or nokill.

I probably left something out, but these are generally the tools you have to work with.

Yeah! That's a hell of a answer and exactly what i was looking for. Thanks so much for the ideas! I had no idea. It's a clear to me now. lol :P
18 Jun 2015, 00:01 AM

the 'On me' ability
In description says it increases damage
1) how many exactly
20 Jun 2015, 04:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

the 'On me' ability
In description says it increases damage
1) how many exactly

It doesnt increase damage(it used to, by 1.2) it increases speed,removes any applied suppression,and 1.2 accuracy for a brief moment.
25 Jun 2015, 20:02 PM

I am having problems when playing 2v2 axis (wehr+OKW) vs (Rus+USF). I feel overwhelmed by infantry and tanks. Enemy mistakes doesn't seem to punish but my mistakes doom me.

Can someone give me some tips to improve our team play? here I post a replay

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68007851/loss%202v2.rec

Thanks
27 Jun 2015, 01:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am having problems when playing 2v2 axis (wehr+OKW) vs (Rus+USF). I feel overwhelmed by infantry and tanks. Enemy mistakes doesn't seem to punish but my mistakes doom me.

Can someone give me some tips to improve our team play? here I post a replay

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68007851/loss%202v2.rec

Thanks

Replay Reviews Section link the replay there in a new thread in that section please,this isnt the thread for that,thanks
28 Jun 2015, 10:30 AM

Replay Reviews Section link the replay there in a new thread in that section please,this isnt the thread for that,thanks

Ok, forget about the replay, I just need some tips to deal against allies infantry overwhelming.
28 Jun 2015, 15:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok, forget about the replay, I just need some tips to deal against allies infantry overwhelming.

For ostheer,
The new MG42 with a spotter which can be a pioneer squad or a sniper will counter any allied infantry in that area.

For OKW,
The flak halftrack and microing it well is a necessity,but you must support it with raketenwerfers or panzershreks at all times. You can also place an MG34 or two near it for extra support.

If those dont work,then thats why a replay would help.
aaa
13 Jul 2015, 05:10 AM

What to do with extra MP without fuel?

It starts at aprox 4CP mark. When I have 5 cons 2 engies and 2 mortars, T2 building and 1 fuel point. I start to build t4 or t3 and have 300-500 MP
(I cant get T1 at that point cuz its 50 fuel, and i need a tank soon)

And it snowballs to constantly having 1000-1500 MP. Even If I get fuel unexpensive/MP expensive units such as rocket truck (360\75). in last game I got 3 of them.
And sure I play only 1v1.

I m thinking of 2 things
1. get another couple of mortars. So it will be 4 of them.
2. or get a fuel cache
Another remaining option with t2 is ZIS but I dont need it at 4-5CP time mark.

PS On maps where I start with T1 its a lesser problem cuz T1 units (ie double snipers) are MP expensive.
13 Jul 2015, 08:19 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 05:10 AMaaa

It starts at aprox 4CP mark. When I have 5 cons 2 engies and 2 mortars, T2 building and 1 fuel point. I start to build t4 or t3 and have 300-500 MP

And it snowballs to constantly having 1000-1500 MP. Even If I get fuel unexpensive/MP expensive units such as rocket truck (360\75). in last game I got 3 of them.

I m thinking of 2 things
2. or get a fuel cache

PS On maps where I start with T1 its a lesser problem cuz T1 units (ie double snipers) are MP expensive.

If you find yourself floating lots of mp, I find investing in a cache to be the best use for it. The cache will let you get callins and stock armor out faster, and you shouldn't be worried about enemy armor enough to get a ZIs if you are about to get an Su76 or t34/76.

Its all up to personal preference. I prefer caches when I have breathing space, while spending it on more elite infantry or support weapons to solidify your lead is also a viable option.
16 Jul 2015, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 05:10 AMaaa

I m thinking of 2 things
2. or get a fuel cache

Which rank range?
Which commanders do you usually play?
How is the map distribution?

4 mortars is complete overkill and will lose you the game.
More Cons won't help your scaling long term.
IMO i always get either something that will allow me to push further, in your case i'd go for some Shocks / Guards. Basically anything that will be useful right now, later on, and will be a good thing to have in combined arms.

Keep in mind that decent enemies will often get some Flak HT, some 222, or even do combined pushes with a 251. Zis will give you the needed edge on these engagements right now, as well as later on vs. Axis armor.

Another thing people seem to forget often: attacking. Engage more, gain more map control, and you will have to spend your mp on reinforcements more often.
22 Jul 2015, 06:54 AM

Dear strategists,
Please provide me a detailed guide on how to dodge P47 rocket strikes.
Thank you,
Kevin
22 Jul 2015, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

Dear strategists,
Please provide me a detailed guide on how to dodge P47 rocket strikes.
Thank you,
Kevin

Stay on the move and retreat out of the red circle you see on the map. P47 strikes are more powerful against large units with big hitboxes than they are against smaller units, so prioritize getting your heavies out of the radius first.

This patch, the P47 patrol area got nerfed pretty severely, so it will be a lot easier to drive out of the strike area.

Finally, as more of a hard counter, a single 251/17 flack halftrack or Ostwind flackpanzer will shoot down the P47 planes fairly quickly, negating your opponents' investment.

Hope this helps :)
22 Jul 2015, 08:54 AM

Dear strategists,

Panzerfusilier spam with JP4 support. How do I beat as USF?
Thank you, a very angry commander.
22 Jul 2015, 12:04 PM
Patrion 14

Dear strategists,

Panzerfusilier spam with JP4 support. How do I beat as USF?
Thank you, a very angry commander.

This strategy is a bit tricky to deal with, due to panzerfusiliers' great survivability and excellent scalability with vet. The best counter usf has against such infantry heavy tactics would be to sherman spam, but the jp4 can take use of pfus sight range to keep the sherman away. You do have a few options however.

The m8 Scott is a great lategame counter to panzerfusiliers. While it may not wipe too many squads, it will definetly bleed them well without getting in range of the jp4. You can also shoot over shot blockers to keep it safe. Best used in groups of 2.

Rifleman lmg spam always works. Infantry company let's your riflemen become mobile mgs that can suppress in 360 degree arcs. Due to okw lack of good indirect fire and riflegrenades, rifle lmgs are particularly effective vs. Them.

The m2hb is also a valid counter, however, it must be used more carefully than an mg42. Use the .50 behind a screen of rifles to keep it safe from the high dps of panzerfusiliers.

If your opponent starts using pfus upgrades early, a light vehicle like a stuart or an AAHT can deal with them quite well.

As always, I'm sure I forgot something, but these counters should get you good success, especially when used together.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS