Login

russian armor

Guards Grenade

10 Aug 2013, 21:17 PM

Anything else think that this thing is a nuclear bomb? I have been on the receiving end of it on many occasions and it consistently wipes two PG Squads with one nade. I have also used it as Russians and consistently got squad wipes.

I have seen it kill two Vet 3 PG's squads, and also wipe out entire Gren squads all the time. I know it costs 45 munitions, so it should be a good grenade and it can also be dodge sometimes when your squads don't lag like a bitch and wait for 2 seconds before they actually move, but I still think its too powerful for what it is.

Suggestions to fix would be to either make like 60 munis, or leave the cost the same and nerf it so its the same as a PG bundle nade. I get the feeling that the Guards grenade is as good as the PG's bundle was before it got nerfed so hard that all it does now is make a lot of noise and that's about it.
VRL
10 Aug 2013, 21:19 PM

Why are 2 Panzergrendier squads ever that close together?

Keep your units apart and don't blob - solves this issue.
10 Aug 2013, 21:20 PM

Never seen it wipe out 2 panzer grenadier squads. Maybe if they are very low health it could be possible.
10 Aug 2013, 21:23 PM

squad at low health may got wiped like that
10 Aug 2013, 21:34 PM

I've found Guards Grenade to be worse than PG's bundle. Nades in CoH2 have very little splash damage (forget the graphic) and so are only useful at their cost if the enemy squad is very tightly packed.
ntd
10 Aug 2013, 21:34 PM
Admin Black Badge

It feels pretty strong, plus the range on that thing is crazy as well.
10 Aug 2013, 21:38 PM

well grenades ignore vet bonuses so that's irrelevant. armor is increased but im pretty sure grenades have something like 20-30 penetration, i forget the exact number.

as for how strong guard nades are, i have seen stuff similar to what youre describing. my friend had 2 or 3 pgrens get wiped early on in a game, all at full or very near full health. just seems like bad luck to me though.

did they really nerf the bundle grenade? when was that?
10 Aug 2013, 22:03 PM

It is exactly the same as the Panzergrenadier bundled grenades. Ostheer just has smaller squads, so the chance for all of them being affected is higher.
10 Aug 2013, 22:08 PM

It is exactly the same as the Panzergrenadier bundled grenades. Ostheer just has smaller squads, so the chance for all of them being affected is higher.

Wrong. It's waaaaay better then a bundled PG nade.
10 Aug 2013, 22:24 PM

do either of you have any numbers to back that up?
10 Aug 2013, 23:14 PM

http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/explosive_weapons/23
http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/explosive_weapons/63

Differences: The only noticeable difference is that the Russian grenades has an accuracy multiplier of 1.5 vs. targets in "open" cover. And I'm not even sure that this affects AOE accuracy.

Everything else makes no difference whatsoever because only Ostheer has access to bunkers, there are no trenches in the game and because 0*something is still 0.

So they are slightly better. Just not "waaaaay better". The biggest difference is simply caused by the German squads bunching up more and having fewer models. The same reason 3 men weapon squads sucked and why Soviet snipers are so strong: Low model counts make a much bigger difference than just having 1/3 less total health per squad.
10 Aug 2013, 23:54 PM

The short windup also makes them a little harder to dodge. The timer is such that it's often quite hard to dodge one fully even if you react to the windup.
10 Aug 2013, 23:56 PM

good analysis rofltehcat!
11 Aug 2013, 00:15 AM

they should call it the RNG nade
11 Aug 2013, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2013, 23:54 PMBlovski
The short windup also makes them a little harder to dodge. The timer is such that it's often quite hard to dodge one fully even if you react to the windup.

Oh yeah, didn't see the wind up, good catch.
11 Aug 2013, 00:19 AM

RNGade

Orange-aid for long.
11 Aug 2013, 01:57 AM

http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/explosive_weapons/23
http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/explosive_weapons/63

Differences: The only noticeable difference is that the Russian grenades has an accuracy multiplier of 1.5 vs. targets in "open" cover. And I'm not even sure that this affects AOE accuracy.

Everything else makes no difference whatsoever because only Ostheer has access to bunkers, there are no trenches in the game and because 0*something is still 0.

So they are slightly better. Just not "waaaaay better". The biggest difference is simply caused by the German squads bunching up more and having fewer models. The same reason 3 men weapon squads sucked and why Soviet snipers are so strong: Low model counts make a much bigger difference than just having 1/3 less total health per squad.

So they are not "exactly" the same. I think you will find that 1.5x accuracy multiplier makes a lot more difference than you think. I am going to do some field tests on this and stream in, then I will post the results.
11 Aug 2013, 02:23 AM

I've found that every grenade in the game is quite RNG prone. Sometimes Guards nade will leave a PGren squad to 1 man; other times their health bar will hardly budge even if it seems like they just ate their own weight in shrapnel. Bundled nades are even worse, causing either squadwipes or light coughs. Molotovs can sometimes kill 1-2 men outright, other times Grens will let themselves be cooked for 5-6 seconds like they were Terminators or something. Riflenades get the worst of it, sometimes being deadly, yet I swear I once saw a Maxim's health go up when they catched a facefull of one.

Grenades in general should be made more reliable methinks, as they were in COH1, albeit I am an absolute novice as to the techno-jargon that would be required for such a fix.
11 Aug 2013, 02:42 AM

Grenades go exactly where you tell them to go. If theres 3-4 models stacked up the squad is going to die. This is why rifle nades suck balls against Maxims (Theres usually only 1-2 models on a grenade area).
11 Aug 2013, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2013, 21:19 PMVRL
Why are 2 Panzergrendier squads ever that close together?

Keep your units apart and don't blob - solves this issue.

I'm sorry I am not as Pro as you. Since when is two units close together blobbing?

But what I was referring to is this:

I had two Vet 3 PG squads, full health and fully manned far enough apart to not be affected by the AoE of each Guard Nade. I had two Guards squads attack them, both of the Guards squads threw a nade, one at each PG squad. Both PG squads were wiped.

I have also been in a situation where two PG squad were toghter and were wiped by one Guard nade as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment