Login

russian armor

Need help learning brits

3 Dec 2017, 10:27 AM

4 Dec 2017, 12:33 PM

I'll see if I can take a look at this after I've tugged in my son. Losing the game in 10 mins must mean that you have been seriously shell shocked by an agressive opponent. I imaginge that Sturmpios might have had something to do with this, but I guess I'll see tonight :)
4 Dec 2017, 22:08 PM

Allright here we go. FYI my method of reviewing is watching a bit, then pausing and taking notes whenever necessary, which means that I never know what will happen next.

- Starting of I notice that you have the basic loadout of commanders, which I assume means that you don't own any others? While there are better alternatives in the rare commanders, these are still doable and UK can often go a long way without ever picking a commander.

If you ever want to invest in commanders, I would say that mobile assault and Special Weapons are the best options and also quite easy to utilize for players on a casual skill level. Also looking at your opponents bullitins it is likely that he will go for breakthrough doctrine, so mentally prepare for meeting panzergrenadiers
- As for the map it is both a good one for OKW and UKF, but it is a bit better for OKW. The reason for this is the open space, which makes capping with kubels very effective. Consider vetoing it if you find yourself consistently struggeling.
-I'm glad to see that you went UC and made it survive first engagement. you might want to consolidate your units a bit more in the beginning to provide coordinated firepower even if it means loosing a bit of initial capping. Also waiting behind heavy cover and letting the enemy approach is vital on this map.
- You started out with trying to build sandbags, but after winning some battle and retaking ground you forget to build. well placed sandbags are more important on this map than on any other in the game!
- I'm almost six minutes in and for the time being you are doing a splendid job and picking all the right engagement! I'm really interested in seeing what will make you throw the game :P
- That mortar emplacement does not have a safe position, so I predict that will be killed. As a rule of thumb an emplacement should at least be safe behind a direct shot blocker from the direction of the opponent.This map dosen't have much of this so I would generally advice against it, but if you have to pick it should be either behind the logs directly left of where you placed it, or behind some of the woods on the right.
- aand that was indeed what happened.
- notice however, that in terms of pop cap you are still ahead!even if your opponent managed to take the vickers it would only just about make him break even (though admittedly he had more manpower).

To sum up. You did A LOT better that you think! overall you picked good engagement, made some nice flanks and outplayed your opponent in almost every engagement. So much in fact, that if you had kept playing at that level you would still have won the match. your micro, unit positioning and ressource management was significantly above your opponent.

I'm currently working on a guide to make people reach lvl 10 with any faction, and an important section in this will be on the psychological factor of the game and how to avoid the tilt. This game had so many opportunities for comeback and if you watch some casts you will very often see people almost comming back from the dead if they manage to capitalize on a lucky break or opponents mistake. Von Ivan is a classic example of this.

Try to make it a rule of thumb that you will NEVER surrender, unless at least one of these conditions have been met:
- you have less than 100 VPs left
- The game has lasted longer than 25 mins.

both these should be bearable conditions to live by and will teach you a valuable lesson on how to fight from the backfoot and think creatively when outnumbered.

That is basically all the advice I can give you on such a short notice. But I hope to see a review request from you again where you live up to my conditions for surrendering. This will also give me way better conditions for giving you feedback on what you need to work on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Russian Federation 89
unknown 47
United States 19
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L