Login

russian armor

Storm doctrine broken in new patch V1.6.1

2 Dec 2017, 08:52 AM

When tactical movement got merged with ambush camouflage, in the jager light infantry doctrine, the same thing happened to the storm doctrine. This means the doctrine only has 4 ability's as tactacal movement just is not there. The doctrine needs a new ability as is weak anyway so now is good time to do it. I'm thinking adding stormtroopers or the smoke barrage or something entirely new to the doctrine would fit with the general idea of the doctrine, what ability's do you guys think would be cool in this doctrine. I would like to see this doctrine become powerful enough to be in competitive play because the idea for it is quite cool.
2 Dec 2017, 10:04 AM

This doctrine have a lot of heavy munitions abilities already.
- camouflage and sprint for heavy infantry play
- AT mines
- Stuka Dive Bomb (getting nerf in DPB thank god)
- LefH 105mm artillery (only non-munition ability but arty piece is situational unit)

Maybe should add some vehicle call in ? (Command tank, StuG E? Anything that is not heavies).
2 Dec 2017, 10:08 AM

To be honest, this is my favourite OST doctrine casue of how situational all abilites are. Nothing truly meta but at the same time all of them are useful.
Recon pass would a top for this doctrine but like mentioned above, too many ammo abilities.

I guess Command PzIV would make this doctrine really viable option for all game modes.
2 Dec 2017, 11:36 AM

I think one of Mech Assault's call-ins (Assault Grens, Pgrens haltrack or the Stug E) would fit nicely with the theme.
2 Dec 2017, 13:43 PM
2 Dec 2017, 15:05 PM

Thank for Topic

I see problem since DPB 1.5

I Think Mod team know problem hopeful fix this thing
A_E
2 Dec 2017, 15:12 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Problem: Storm Doctrine does not have Stormtroopers.

Can't argue with that, obvious fix give them storm troopers.
2 Dec 2017, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2017, 15:12 PMA_E

Can't argue with that, obvious fix give them storm troopers.

Might sound nice, but Stormtroopers are an munition sink themselves too, so then you will still get a very munition heavy commander so i would suggest maybe one of those mechanized assaultgroups or maybe a stug e, puma or cp4. And then maybe we should change the name from storm doctrine into something else, cuz storm doctrine without stormtroopers feels strange indeed :P
A_E
2 Dec 2017, 15:39 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Might sound nice, but Stormtroopers are an munition sink themselves too, so then you will still get a very munition heavy commander so i would suggest maybe one of those mechanized assaultgroups or maybe a stug e, puma or cp4. And then maybe we should change the name from storm doctrine into something else, cuz storm doctrine without stormtroopers feels strange indeed :P

Erm ok well have them arrive with STGs already upgraded but in an open top halftrack.

'Stormtrooper assault'
2 Dec 2017, 16:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is a bit of a derailment of the original thread

Once the DBP is finalized, I will be releasing my own balance mod. I have been thinking of ways to change Stormtroopers. Stormtroopers are overlapping with ambush camouflage/sprint in Encirclement. Additionally, they do not feel very unique seeing they feel either a better Grenadier or a better PGren. For my future mod, I am thinking of giving them unique upgrades based on which doctrine to contribute to that play-style.

Base Stormtroopers
  • 280-300 Manpower
  • Can be upgraded to antitank package (Exclusive)
    -In order to make this package more distinguishable from the PGrens it will add 3-4? Pzb 39 AT rifle that will not drop. Since there would be so many slot items, it would be best if it did not drop.
    -The damage would be equal to guards PTRS?
    -75-100 munitions
  • Veterancy 1 ability is now the Tactical Assault ability
    -I had an idea to change this ability. Instead of a timed ability, make it into a toggle? Reduce the speed of the squad but increase accuracy and burst duration by 10%. I would be a counterpart for the Guards Hit the dirt vet ability.
  • No longer has passive camouflage
  • Upon deploying this unit will have 30 seconds of camouflage
  • Retains hold fire

Elite Troop's Stormtroopers
  • G43 Upgrade [DBP] (Exclusive)
  • 5 Man squad upgrade? (Non-Exclusive)
    -This would potentially make them into a true elite unit
    -Add a passive healing to increase continuous field presence.

Storm Doctrine's Stormtroopers
  • Ambush Camouflage upgrade (Non-Exclusive)
    -Will gain the ambush bonus
    -research time reduced to 20 seconds so camouflage can be maintained upon deploying
  • MP41(r) Upgrade (Exclusive)
    -The MP41(r) are converted PPSHs to utilized 9×19mm Parabellum ammo.
    -With both Ambush Camouflage and Tactical Assault both available the accuracy bonus would be too high for STG 44s in mid to long range. Additionally, this would allow it to be more distinguishable from Pgrens.
    -45 munitions
    -Gains a smoke grenade
    shares cool down with the bundle grenade.

Encirclement Doctrine's Stormtroopers
  • To improve cashe destroying capability the bundle grenade is swapped out with a satchel charge equal to the Penal's.
    -Starts on cooldown.
    -research time reduced to 20 seconds so camouflage can be maintained upon deploying
  • Jaeger Infantry upgrade (Exclusive)
    -With how heavy this doctrine is on Close the Pocket a cheaper weapon upgrade would help.
    -adds a Single Scoped G43 equal to the OKW Jaeger Light Infantry's G43
    -45 munitions

2 Dec 2017, 18:54 PM

This is a bit of a derailment of the original thread

Once the DBP is finalized, I will be releasing my own balance mod. I have been thinking of ways to change Stormtroopers. Stormtroopers are overlapping with ambush camouflage/sprint in Encirclement. Additionally, they do not feel very unique seeing they feel either a better Grenadier or a better PGren. For my future mod, I am thinking of giving them unique upgrades based on which doctrine to contribute to that play-style.

Base Stormtroopers
    [b]
  • 280-300 Manpower
  • Can be upgraded to antitank package (Exclusive)
    -In order to make this package more distinguishable from the PGrens it will add 3-4? Pzb 39 AT rifle that will not drop. Since there would be so many slot items, it would be best if it did not drop.
    -75-100 munitions
  • Veterancy 1 ability is now the Tactical Assault ability
    -I had an idea to change this ability. Instead of a timed ability, make it into a toggle? Reduce the speed of the squad but increase accuracy and burst duration by 10%. I would be a counterpart for the Guards Hit the dirt vet ability.
  • No longer has passive camouflage
  • Upon deploying this unit will have 30 seconds of camouflage
  • Retains hold fire

Elite Troop's Stormtroopers
  • G43 Upgrade [DBP] (Exclusive)
  • 5 Man squad upgrade? (Non-Exclusive)
    -This would potentially make them into a true elite unit
    -Add a passive healing to increase continuous field presence.

Storm Doctrine's Stormtroopers
  • MP41(r) Upgrade (Exclusive)
    -The MP41(r) are converted PPSHs to utilized 9×19mm Parabellum ammo.
    -With both Ambush Camouflage and Tactical Assault both available the accuracy bonus would be too high for STG 44s in mid to long range. Additionally, this would allow it to be more distinguishable from Pgrens.
    -45 munitions
    -Gains a smoke grenade
    shares cool down with the bundle grenade.

Encirclement Doctrine's Stormtroopers
  • To improve cashe destroying capability the bundle grenade is swapped out with a satchel charge equal to the Penal's.
    -Starts on cooldown.
  • Jaeger Infantry upgrade (Exclusive)
    -With how heavy this doctrine is on Close the Pocket a cheaper weapon upgrade would help.
    -adds a Single Scoped G43 equal to the OKW Jaeger Light Infantry's G43
    -45 munitions

what I bolded seems like a bad idea, how about mobile MG42 upgrade for 100 muni, plus spawning with a single Shrek? They should be glass cannon anti-everything infantry with cloaking, basically the Ost version of Guards. (Except for Storm Doctrine ones, which honestly could come in a Skdz 250.)

EDIT: What about putting Assault Grenadiers in this doctrine? With the new Ambush Camouflage and Tactical Movement they would be really fun to use, and play like actual Stormtroopers.
2 Dec 2017, 19:24 PM
2 Dec 2017, 20:31 PM

I do not see anything in bold

fixed.

i think at rifles for latewar germans just doesnt fit, especially for an elite squad.

opinion on assault grens in storm doctrine? it would get them used more and combined with tactical movement and ambush camo they could be fun to use.
2 Dec 2017, 22:26 PM

I agree that assault grens would be a cool fit to this doctrine and make it viable i would prefer them to stormtroopers tbh as it allow the doctrine to have early game field presence. Ass grens also don't have the mg upgrade allowing for more mines or camo.

@Egion Im not a big fan of this as Pzb 39 AT rifle would not be that great without a ability that fits into the storm idea - some sort of stun with ambush camo maybe.

Can be upgraded to antitank package (Exclusive)
-75-100 munitions

The package is too expensive for such a loss to AI without enough at. players would be better off getting a pak gun, 320mp/280-300mp 75-100 munitons I do think that slightly different stormtroopers for each doctrine would be a awesome idea.
3 Dec 2017, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2017, 15:39 PMA_E

Erm ok well have them arrive with STGs already upgraded but in an open top halftrack.

'Stormtrooper assault'

:thumbsup:
3 Dec 2017, 12:21 PM
Donator 11

Whatever it is going to be, it must be munitions free.
3 Dec 2017, 16:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I agree that assault grens would be a cool fit to this doctrine and make it viable i would prefer them to stormtroopers tbh as it allow the doctrine to have early game field presence. Ass grens also don't have the mg upgrade allowing for more mines or camo.

@Egion Im not a big fan of this as Pzb 39 AT rifle would not be that great without a ability that fits into the storm idea - some sort of stun with ambush camo maybe.

Can be upgraded to antitank package (Exclusive)
-75-100 munitions

The package is too expensive for such a loss to AI without enough at. players would be better off getting a pak gun, 320mp/280-300mp 75-100 munitons I do think that slightly different stormtroopers for each doctrine would be a awesome idea.

The idea is to provide a good alternative to the single Panzershreck while being different than the PGrens. It would still provide good anti infantry damage especially with ambush camouflage active. Paired with Regal At Mines. I have thought of some sort of a Panzerfaust alternative but then it would be too close to Grenadiers.

Technically Stormtroopers where originally WW1 designed units meant for assault not infiltration.
In WW2, there was Stoßtrupp-Hitler which were SS. Of course, Coh in general and rightfully associate Germany as the Country rather that the minority Nazi Party. (Jerry can update)
3 Dec 2017, 16:35 PM

Stormtroopers are already a niche unit, too overlapping with PzGrens and putting them here, despite the name "storm", will make this doctrine medicore, like it is now, with wasted opportunity for making quite good meta commader.

This doctrine needs something ammo-free, and since it is "storm" it also should be offensive:
- Command Pz4
- Stuge E
- Tiger (I can feel that meta already :kreygasm: )
- New arty officer
- Anything ammo free which suits whole doctrine
-
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
New Zealand 13
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W