Login

russian armor

M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage counter?

1 Dec 2017, 05:27 AM

Really unsure as to how to counter this, especially in mid-game (2v2 random, around #100 on ladder).

Most games seem to go fairly well for me until this thing shows up, at which point it's almost an insta-loss when used by good players. It forces my infantry to move, which is fine for Volks w/ STGs, but really ruins PFs. With its accuracy on the move, it's extremely hard to counter with infantry (especially with double-upgraded infantry covering it), and very risky to attack with tanks due to AT.

Raketen creeping is not possible due to large amounts of infantry on the map, especially on narrow maps like R&M.

For OST it's a similar story, with it causing my MGs to be basically useless, especially on maps with little/no buildings. At least there I can get some pshreck squads, but that has the same problem as OKW.

Any ideas?

1 Dec 2017, 05:50 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Ragepost, much wow!

In the game we just had, not throwing the p4 would have been a good thing to do, they couldn't spam their inf on us with both FlakHT's alive, while we weren't far away from KT.

After some time the scotts just become an issue, as i killed the other guys sherman and jackson he just had a blob left.

Dodging those things and not run around in blobs and ez pez we won
1 Dec 2017, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2017, 05:50 AMd0ggY
The Ragepost, much wow!

In the game we just had, not throwing the p4 would have been a good thing to do, they couldn't spam their inf on us with both FlakHT's alive, while we weren't far away from KT.

After some time the scotts just become an issue, as i killed the other guys sherman and jackson he just had a blob left.

Dodging those things and not run around in blobs and ez pez we won

Hah, hi.

Not really a 'rage' post; i've run into this problem before. But going from what was a fairly easy game to getting pushed off the map definitely made me write this.

Can't say I was really 'blobbing' though, squads were pretty well spaced, but their two 'scotts' had 33 kills between them at 25 min (I think mostly mine). Combined with the double BAR squads, I was having a very tough time holding the bottom fuel on R&M.

Once they went in with double AT guns covered by the scotts and a bunch of rifles, there was just no way for me to hold that. Even with the FlakHT, I wouldn't have been able to get close enough to the AT to clear it, or even get rid of their infantry.
1 Dec 2017, 08:53 AM

usually you try to rush it with a tank and kill it trying to avoid the snares
9 Dec 2017, 12:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge

In this case I would recommend a JPIV/StuG G to begin with. Search for opportunities to destroy Scotts when you're not threatened by snares. If you still can't manage to deal with the "infantry covering Scott problem" you should produce even more medium tanks (PIVs preferably against infantry) since at the point when Jackson arrives you will have outproduced your opponent tank wise (and bleed his infantry meanwhile). When the Jackson arrives keep your tank hunter and your AT gun (Raketen or PaK40) close together so that you can wreck Jackson ASAP.

Faction specific advice:

OST: Never forget about "target weak point" of your PaK40! Once successfully utilized together with StuG G it should ensure the destruction of any American tank (except Pershing maybe).

OKW: Play the veterancy game with your JPIV! Upvetted JPIVs are able to cloak and deal extra damage when hitting targets from cloaked state.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 262

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak