Login

russian armor

The ultimate guide to fixing COH2

7 Aug 2013, 10:31 AM

I dont agree but I respect what you are saying we all have diff opinions

Likewise, but relic got their handsful (or do they?) with all kind of issues around here , and so much whine threads its difficult to separate them... you have no idea how much i would like to see visual changes u proposed ( very very very much ) but i guess priority to devs is balancing and adding new content over visual changes, maybe in near future (one can hope) :D
Cheers
7 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM

Sorry are the conscripts meant to be a special forces unit that has no weaknesses or a bunch or drafted men and women with no training?

Partially agree, it makes no fucking sense

Weakness of Conscripts: their damage output sucks, REALLY SUCK, they need molotovs to actual kill something

but they really give me an impression, they are some kind of noobs of special forces, because?

can generate buggy HTD plasma shield which eats nades
can throw super magnetic bomb which can 100% fuck up some engine
can temporary become Olympic athletes just by... shouting (?

fuck logic

I don't understand why they don't make Penals cheaper and move those magical stuff to Penals, now Penals are 100% useless unit
7 Aug 2013, 17:52 PM

I can explain you the commanddelay. Its a fault by Relics Essence Engine.

In Dawn of War 2 it was the same Commanddelay and you have to play Multiplayer by Peer 2 Peer.

Relics Essence Engine is bad written in sort of the networkcode.

Every game, which use the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, will have P2P and commanddelay.

So, every game with the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, is not able for competition or E-Sports, beacause Command delay.
7 Aug 2013, 17:58 PM

The command delay is huge, especially in the early game when trying to dodge molotovs. It really gives a big advantage to the soviets.
7 Aug 2013, 17:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

without it though combined with the long delay on the Molotov it would never hit. and even then against good micro it never hits due or rarely not for long
7 Aug 2013, 19:53 PM

I think you bring up some very excellent points, and I think it would be in Relic's best interest to at least acknowledge this thread, if not implement these changes asap.
7 Aug 2013, 21:17 PM

I agree with most of the point being made by the OP. I sort of feel that this game fails in areas where Relic really nailed it in vCOH. The way flanking has been toned down is an obvious shortcoming, and makes for a more "spammable" kind of game, as you need to use certain units to hard counter, rather than use smart manuevering to flank and finnish an MG og Mortar. I really dont think 6 man squads for supportweapons ever were a good idea.

Overall, I think the graphics are good, but I do agree that many of the effects dosent feel as real, and a skirmish between two tanks are nowhere near as impressive as it used to be in vCOH.

I fear that many op the issues adressed by OP are designer decition, either simplified because of lack of time, or to move the game in a certain direction, and I dont see them fixing a lot of them. I do sincerely hope im wrong.
8 Aug 2013, 09:49 AM

I can explain you the commanddelay. Its a fault by Relics Essence Engine.

In Dawn of War 2 it was the same Commanddelay and you have to play Multiplayer by Peer 2 Peer.

Relics Essence Engine is bad written in sort of the networkcode.

Every game, which use the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, will have P2P and commanddelay.

So, every game with the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, is not able for competition or E-Sports, beacause Command delay.

you are right bro.. its very much based off DOW2.. that games was fun but seemed off to me.
8 Aug 2013, 09:50 AM

I agree with most of the point being made by the OP. I sort of feel that this game fails in areas where Relic really nailed it in vCOH. The way flanking has been toned down is an obvious shortcoming, and makes for a more "spammable" kind of game, as you need to use certain units to hard counter, rather than use smart manuevering to flank and finnish an MG og Mortar. I really dont think 6 man squads for supportweapons ever were a good idea.

Overall, I think the graphics are good, but I do agree that many of the effects dosent feel as real, and a skirmish between two tanks are nowhere near as impressive as it used to be in vCOH.

I fear that many op the issues adressed by OP are designer decition, either simplified because of lack of time, or to move the game in a certain direction, and I dont see them fixing a lot of them. I do sincerely hope im wrong.

dly I think you are right and based off the circumstances relic had to work under its no real surprise.. we are lucky the game came out and they come onto the forums at all. But I do wish they addressed the issues some how
8 Aug 2013, 09:52 AM

I think you bring up some very excellent points, and I think it would be in Relic's best interest to at least acknowledge this thread, if not implement these changes asap.

Thanks man ;) not sure if they have the time and money to pay attention to the hardcore few.. but i have my fingers crossed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment