Login

russian armor

Prebuilt Base in Tuning Pack

10 Oct 2017, 08:42 AM

How? I changed the starting building to "prebuilt.mp", which just removes the starting units and building. Is there a way I can edit the stamper via SGA? I'm trying to make Ostheer begin with a prebuilt base.
10 Oct 2017, 09:29 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

you could try a spawn_entity action to the HQ. The each HQ has some spawn_entity actions for good reference. Just make sure buildings are player own if you want them own. The actual retreat points entity will allow them to retreat to a point rather than a specific building.

Use apply_deformation_actions and apply_stamp_action to change the shape of the land and color like the USF HQ.

This can all be done in the Attribute Editor.
10 Oct 2017, 09:37 AM

^thank you!

Does this mean a bass building could be constructed via research with the construct entity command?
10 Oct 2017, 23:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

^thank you!

Does this mean a bass building could be constructed via research with the construct entity command?

*Note I have not done this thing before.

Base what I am reading in the editor and using the British buildings as a guide:

1. create an "unbuilt" entity place holder building for your HQ and use this as your spawn entity_action for your HQ. Make sure it is the same size than your building or else the there will be issues in the construction stages. Make sure this area is impassable by all units.

2. Create/clone an Upgrade (perhaps the british "tech_structure_1_mp"). This upgrade works with the on_begin_actions and on_cancel.

-set the Target Requirements to you "unbuilt" place holder Unique unit type and owned to player.
-The sequence_action does things one by one instead all at once. First, remove your "unbuilt" place holder by make_dead action. Next, use construct_action to build your building. Your building should be similar to the British 1/2 building in the construction tab. I think the most important thing is the self_construct should be set to true.

-on cancel action it is the same thing but reverse. Same unique type, but instead of make_dead then construct, it will be spawn_entity of the place holder and then make_dead. Why does it not make make_dead to both based on order because I think it fetches the list of targets once and that would be the initial start of the cancel. Have ebps, site_ext, ignore_impass for both structures true. This will help with the spawn_entity action.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more trouble.

13 Oct 2017, 02:28 AM

Thank you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 18
United Kingdom 48
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #