Login

russian armor

Does anyone else think CoH2 is a piece of art?

5 Aug 2013, 15:25 PM

It's been my opinion that most games today, especially the higher profile ones, focus way too much on how pretty they are. They put so much focus and effort into the graphics I find that it is starting to take away from the game itself.

I guess it depends on the person, but I don't buy games to stare at them and admire how pretty they are, I buy them for the game play and to blow shit up. Game play is taking a back seat to new graphics benchmarking in many cases. Even with simpler graphics and effects, vCOH was and still is very pretty, but that's not why people have played it for so many years. It's because the game play is awesome. COH2 is obviously "prettier" but nowhere near as fun to play. (an opinion... yes, but shared by a fair number)

The only way I can actually stand to play COH2 is to turn the settings all to low, lest I find myself spending half the game searching the screen for the units right in front of me, this seems to help, as well as with performance.

To address the topic title... If you are looking for a piece of art, I suggest hanging a picture on the wall or putting some nice piece on display. Keep games fun to play, nobody plays with art in any other circumstance.
5 Aug 2013, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

It's been my opinion that most games today, especially the higher profile ones, focus way too much on how pretty they are. They put so much focus and effort into the graphics I find that it is starting to take away from the game itself.

I guess it depends on the person, but I don't buy games to stare at them and admire how pretty they are, I buy them for the game play and to blow shit up. Game play is taking a back seat to new graphics benchmarking in many cases. Even with simpler graphics and effects, vCOH was and still is very pretty, but that's not why people have played it for so many years. It's because the game play is awesome. COH2 is obviously "prettier" but nowhere near as fun to play. (an opinion... yes, but shared by a fair number)

The only way I can actually stand to play COH2 is to turn the settings all to low, lest I find myself spending half the game searching the screen for the units right in front of me, this seems to help, as well as with performance.

To address the topic title... If you are looking for a piece of art, I suggest hanging a picture on the wall or putting some nice piece on display. Keep games fun to play, nobody plays with art in any other circumstance.

Obviously the game needs to be fun, but for me, I like to be immersed in the game, so having a beautiful and realistic looking game helps that immersion.
5 Aug 2013, 16:50 PM

It's a great game with beautiful graphics. I just finished the campaign last night and there were some maps that made me go "Wow, this is crazy" because there was so much detail and so much going on.
5 Aug 2013, 17:02 PM

Does anyone else thought its:
"Does anyone else think CoH2 is a piece of shit?"
5 Aug 2013, 17:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The little animations are so much fun to watch. For example: When an Ostwind starts firing, you can see the crewmembers putting their hands over their ears :P
5 Aug 2013, 17:11 PM

The game runs like shit if you try to max it out and it really doesn't look that impressive. It's not a horrible looking game, but I wouldn't consider it art.
5 Aug 2013, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

Wintermaps with the sun reflecting in the ice... magic!
5 Aug 2013, 17:49 PM

Just add bloom.

5 Aug 2013, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2013, 17:49 PMwuff
Just add bloom.

LOL
5 Aug 2013, 19:33 PM

Many maps are unbalanced game play wise, but I agree, the graphic is so epic even with higher settings (not maxim) , I turn the blizzard setting on low though but the blizzard often cause a huge FPS drop(even worse than beta), they might optimize the blizzard, or give the blizzard "poor-man" setting like extremely low?
5 Aug 2013, 21:27 PM

All i could read of the thread title was "Does anyone else think CoH2 is a piece of..." and my mind went immediately to the gutter and I instantly thought 'oh god, did Dave start a new thread!?' lol
5 Aug 2013, 23:55 PM

The graphical style of both the Company of Heroes games makes it look like they came out of graphic novels. :thumbsup:
6 Aug 2013, 00:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

there i fixed it finnaly :P

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 34
Russian Federation 24
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W