Login

russian armor

What's the deal with the current 2v2 meta?

2 Oct 2017, 01:22 AM

is it a light vehicle rush still or like any new stuff i haven't playted since like last year! thanks1!
13 Oct 2017, 12:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Light vehicles are still a thing but not as devastating as they have been in 2016. Due to most Axis players playing double OKW (the current meta combination in 2v2 automatch for Axis) anti tank in shape of Raketenwerfer (available from the get-go) and Puma can deal with light vehicles properly on the one hand. Light vehicles cannot inflict that much damage upon forward retreat point positions which naturally come along with double OKW as they could against Ostheer on the other hand. Besides that, the formerly most impactful light vehicles - Stuart and T70 - have been adjusted thus being less effective against infantry nowadays.

One light vehicle is nevertheless quite often used by Axis (oh, the irony) players these days which is the Luchs. It still remains very useful as defensive tool as well as shock unit after all.
13 Oct 2017, 15:33 PM

In my experience, I would say an allied team of 2 might get 1 light vehicle between the two players, while the other player rushes towards a more potent medium tank like the T34, Cromwell, or Sherman. The allied light vehicles, in my opinion, are more for deterring aggressive axis play: forcing squads that are capturing to retreat (with T70 or Stuart), or for deterring aggressive Luchs / Flammenwerfer dive attacks (by using SU-76 or AEC for example). Apart from this, allied vehicles feel too weak nowadays to be rushing in, flanking AT guns, diving retreating squads, etc.
16 Oct 2017, 07:02 AM

thanks you guys i appreciate the input it helps alot . yea we played a few games since this post and i'm encountering the worsxt resistance from american infantry blobs and biritish emplacemnts and vehicle rushing like when brits get centaur, or when US builds up lots of tanks, but we have been doing decent getting a 50 percent win rate i'm curious now what the best heavy tanks are and whether the call ins are woorth it at all like for instance, the tiger ace, jagdpanther, or elephant; or if it's just better to get panthers?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★