Login

russian armor

@ Relic - please take a look at panther

6 Aug 2013, 17:58 PM

The panther right now is super worthless indeed .... for the price of the teching up + heavy panzer company + a single panther, I could have brought out 2 panzer IV's which would do a way better job against the su85.

Panther is USELESS against any infantry (on par with german scout car) and just average as an anti tank unit. What incentive is there to even build the panther now ?

My suggestion is to buff the Panthers range to 60 to equal the su85 and make its main gun a bit stronger against infantry. This would solve all the problems with su85's while still maintaing balance (of course with a slight reduction of su85 reverse speed to encourage flanking)

SU-85 shells have the possibility of bouncing off a Panther's front armor. If the SU-85 is supported by infantry, the Panther is the only German tank that has a chance of destroying the SU, even with a damaged engine.
6 Aug 2013, 18:11 PM

I think making the panther slightly cheaper would be fair. Mabye 150 fuel just like the Brummbar is, could be a good number.

Thing is, its a big race to the Panther right now, and there is very little reason to skip T3 at all, or T2.

The panther is fine stat-wise. German units are all about dedicated roles, and the Panther has its role: AT. Want a nice mix? Get the PIV. Want dedicated AI? Get Brummbar or Ostwind.

No need to mess with unit roles.

Thing is, the Soviets still have a hole in T4: The SU-75 has little to no role in the meta right now, as far as I've seen. It has its uses, but I haven't seen it fully integrated as a build option.
6 Aug 2013, 21:08 PM

The SU-76 should be support AT; I say increase its penetration and accuracy vs vehicles, not damage because it's a bit too spammable. Its barrage would serve as effective AI. That way it can't take out Panzers itself but it can serve as a mobile AT gun as well as counter-blob in a pinch. Along with an AT gun buff and a T-34 buff against vehicles, it should leave the Soviets with enough options that nerfing SU-85s wouldn't destroy the meta.
6 Aug 2013, 21:09 PM

6 Aug 2013, 21:19 PM

The panther right now is super worthless indeed .... for the price of the teching up + heavy panzer company + a single panther, I could have brought out 2 panzer IV's which would do a way better job against the su85.

Panther is USELESS against any infantry (on par with german scout car) and just average as an anti tank unit. What incentive is there to even build the panther now ?

My suggestion is to buff the Panthers range to 60 to equal the su85 and make its main gun a bit stronger against infantry. This would solve all the problems with su85's while still maintaing balance (of course with a slight reduction of su85 reverse speed to encourage flanking)

More range is definitely not the answer. It had 60 (I believe?) range in alpha and start of beta and it was absolute godmode. Getting 1 panther out was instant GG to all Soviet armor. Kind of ironic given the SU85 situation, but yeah. Imagine the SU85 but with a turret and better armor/health.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 68
unknown 21
unknown 1
United States 21
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L