508.9MB Update?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
10 Apr 2018, 23:29 PM
Patrion 310

More "charity news" from the Relic Ministry of Truth:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/strategy-bundle?partner=agco&charity=1591692
Help save the whales with the new Humble Strategy Bundle

https://www.pcgamer.com/help-save-the-whales-with-the-new-humble-strategy-bundle/
Like the countless Humble Bundles that have come before it, the new Humble Strategy Bundle offers a selection of good games for just $1: In this case, Dungeon of the Endless, the Endless Space Collection, Planetary Annihilation: Titans, and Company of Heroes 2 – Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Pattern Pack. That last one requires Company of Heroes 2, but that's okay because it's a full-on charity gig anyway: "All of the associated Relic / Sega revenue will be donated to the Whale and Dolphin Conservation charity," as its Steam page states.

My reaction as CoH fan:

lmao, so 6 months after release "New Relic" has given up making 14,99€ "PR money" from this skin pack (Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Pattern Pack). What to do?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/691110/Company_of_Heroes_2__Whale_and_Dolphin_Conservation_Charity_Pattern_Pack/
So Relic tries to score some more "positive PR/virtue signaling" and put them on Humble Bundle for one dollar. Good plan :clap:

Japan kills more than 300 whales in annual Antarctic hunt
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/31/japan-kills-whales-annual-antarctic-hunt

All things considered, it's very shallow to have all this focus on whale charity (read PR) when this studio has not made a solid game hit for the past 10 years.
If Relic doesn't get their act together, it'll be them going extinct not whales. Also don't forget the irony here. Relic is owned by a Japanese corporation, which as a country are whales, nr.1 enemy.

11 Apr 2018, 10:01 AM
Admin Red  Badge

This is rude of you, Cobra. I doubt Relic would call themselves a Ministry of Truth or even claim to be one. That's your opinion. That's okay, what's not okay is how you have worded it. Also, you haven't linked to an offical statement from Relic, but from an article from PC Gamer. The author of which thinks this is okay. Something you seem to have taken issue with.

Now, that's not a problem. You can disagree with whoever you want, but please, you are on staff, and this sort of wording is unfitting. Keep the language polite. It is okay to disagree or disapprove of something, but doing so in a rude and rough manner is not okay.

It is not to say that you can't express your opinions, but do spend time on the wording of your opinions. Say clearly what you disaprove of, in the best polite language you can muster.

I'll leave you with something to think about.

Who made those skins?

Imagine yourself in their shoes and look at your post again. Imagine working with Relic on these skins for... maybe a month, maybe a lot more.

Now, consider whether Relic had anything to do with this decision or not. These types of decisions are usually done by the marketing department or something similar. Not the studio. Or so I believe.

All things considered, it's very shallow to have all this focus on whale charity (read PR) when this studio has not made a solid game hit for the past 10 years.
If Relic doesn't get their act together, it'll be them going extinct not whales. Also don't forget the irony here. Relic is owned by a Japanese corporation, which as a country are whales, nr.1 enemy.

You have to keep in mind that SEGA has different branches. The Japanese HQ may not have anything to do with this charity, or even know about it. Not to say I know how SEGA operates of course.

Next after that, is the fact that SEGA has nothing to do with the whale hunts. It is a game company. Not a fishing company. A quick google search didn't bring up anything. So, if you feel like digging around, you can do that, but I doubt you'll find a connection.

Another thing, make a new thread next time. Please don't necro old threads like this, Cobra. I'll be locking this one now. If you would like continue this conversation, we can do so in PMs.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS