Login

russian armor

2v2 Help me improve please.(USF)

21 Aug 2017, 01:15 AM

I was completely routed in this game and it was very frustrating. Me and my friend play 2v2 together. I am USF and he is SOV. We were wondering if you could give us each tips on how we can improve. I was very frsutrated having to deal with the okw wall and the early truck spam. My moratrs couldn't set up until it was too late and we had nothing for the p4 and we had to surrender
21 Aug 2017, 03:24 AM

Alright, here's what I noticed while watching in no particular order.

Your build order was odd, to put it mildly. The 3 rifle start is usually the most efficient choice when it comes to openers, followed by one, only one, and never more than one mortar. If you want to have an arty party, go infantry company and get the mortar halftrack instead.

In fact, infantry would have served you much better than Heavy Cav. Pripyat is a pretty static map to begin with, and USF organic artillery is pretty shit, so the addition of the mortar halftrack and Priests later on would have been much better.

Teching nades early is a waste of fuel and muni. You have the t0 mortar as a smoke dispenser and anti-team weapon platform. 25 fuel to throw hit-or miss 30 muni frags is a waste. Imagine if you saved that muni and double BAR'd everyone instead.

You went LT first which is generally pretty questionable nowadays as it leaves you wide open to light vehicle rushes. CPT is generally a safer choice. LT did work in your favor a bit, as you used the .50 pretty well. However, if you're gonna stall for Pershing, you need to go Captain. In fact, the only time you should go LT-Major is if you're winning hard and rushing out a Sherman.

You didn't really have enough infantry throughout the game due to wipes and not building more rifles. 3 is the golden standard that will work almost all of the time.

You kept mass assaulting that 1 MG34 he had instead of just flanking it. If you had more infantry and flanked, you probably would have pushed OKW straight off the map. Flank, force a retreat to the med HQ, bring up the .50, and pin everyone there.

I mostly watched your side, but I did notice that the Wehr opponent went for 0 grenadiers which meant no snares. Your teammate should have punished him by getting the M3 scout car, putting a penal or flamer engie in it, and driving him off that half of the map. He was completely powerless to stop it.

No anti-tank from you guys at all. Try to get at LEAST one AT gun each by 10 minutes.

Teamplay was nonexistent, you guys just played two 1v1's instead of actively trying to help each other. If you're getting rebuffed, consider helping your teammate clear his side.
21 Aug 2017, 04:11 AM

Alright, here's what I noticed while watching in no particular order.

Your build order was odd, to put it mildly. The 3 rifle start is usually the most efficient choice when it comes to openers, followed by one, only one, and never more than one mortar. If you want to have an arty party, go infantry company and get the mortar halftrack instead.

In fact, infantry would have served you much better than Heavy Cav. Pripyat is a pretty static map to begin with, and USF organic artillery is pretty shit, so the addition of the mortar halftrack and Priests later on would have been much better.

Teching nades early is a waste of fuel and muni. You have the t0 mortar as a smoke dispenser and anti-team weapon platform. 25 fuel to throw hit-or miss 30 muni frags is a waste. Imagine if you saved that muni and double BAR'd everyone instead.

You went LT first which is generally pretty questionable nowadays as it leaves you wide open to light vehicle rushes. CPT is generally a safer choice. LT did work in your favor a bit, as you used the .50 pretty well. However, if you're gonna stall for Pershing, you need to go Captain. In fact, the only time you should go LT-Major is if you're winning hard and rushing out a Sherman.

You didn't really have enough infantry throughout the game due to wipes and not building more rifles. 3 is the golden standard that will work almost all of the time.

You kept mass assaulting that 1 MG34 he had instead of just flanking it. If you had more infantry and flanked, you probably would have pushed OKW straight off the map. Flank, force a retreat to the med HQ, bring up the .50, and pin everyone there.

I mostly watched your side, but I did notice that the Wehr opponent went for 0 grenadiers which meant no snares. Your teammate should have punished him by getting the M3 scout car, putting a penal or flamer engie in it, and driving him off that half of the map. He was completely powerless to stop it.

No anti-tank from you guys at all. Try to get at LEAST one AT gun each by 10 minutes.

Teamplay was nonexistent, you guys just played two 1v1's instead of actively trying to help each other. If you're getting rebuffed, consider helping your teammate clear his side.

Thank you very much Ulaire, but one question I have is when is it safe to assist my teammate, because I feel like I would leave myself exposed basically surrendering my side to the enemy and letting them dig in
21 Aug 2017, 04:33 AM

In general, it's better to win one side of the map (fuel, vp, ammo points) and push for the middle from there rather than trying to play 2 1v1's.

At the start you should both make a play for each side to test the waters of course, but be ready to adapt to the situation.

Once the OKW player in your game got his med HQ and FRP set up, he would be easily able to hold that side. It was in your best interest to cede that vp and help your teammate crush wehr so you could at least have one side. With 2 VP's on the map, you would have stalemated them and had more or less even income.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 15
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %