Login

russian armor

Howitzers short lifespan

20 Aug 2017, 10:33 AM

There is something weird about this guys.

These doctrine specific manpower sinks cant survive for more than two barrages before being wiped out by either another howitzer (or stukas) or planes. Most of the time getting wrecked rather than decrewed.Due to their condition as manpower sink (600 mp) they are unviable on 1v1s.

I've managed to make it last for at least another barrage (for a wooping total of 3) hiding it behind buildings, which had to be demolished first.

I haven't seen any 2v2 match were howitzers could be of any use past a few barrages.

Any tips for using this units?
20 Aug 2017, 10:34 AM

I would like to know so too. I have used them in my own games and have got it to work once vs a ukf player that didn´t have any artillery guns or off map artillery strikes.
20 Aug 2017, 11:02 AM

Depends mate, I have had games where I whipe enemies base by using howies in 1v1. But actualy the most viable faction for em is OKW who can place em near med truck + shwer kombo and use Sturmpios to fast repair em if they got damaged. Ost and Sov needs to place em near base buildings, so they can replenish loses (healing can be option for ost too, but that means more 150mp 60 muni investment in rather risky endavour)

(If enemy has doc who has iIl-2 bombers and other 1 shot offmap wonders, i wouldnt suggest any howie.)

Must to do thing is to learn enemies doctorine abilities and other possibilities, what can destroy your beutifull howie, and to build your howie in best postion in a most unrisky way.

Best way how to use Howies is to destroy enemy base structures - okw shwer/med truck, Brits base is the most vulnerable ones,
20 Aug 2017, 12:51 PM

You can't destroy OKW structures by using arty. You won't deal enough or (consistent) damage to actually destroy them. They will get repaired in no time thanks to strums repair times. You need an armored assault to secure the kill

The best you can do is to guess the point where okw units will clump by the medic truck and hope for some wipes while you wait for the inevitable dive bomb
20 Aug 2017, 13:44 PM

OKW and dive bomb, what ya smoking mate? Actualy okw is one of the best faction to use howies against, because of lack of off maps in most docs. Btw ML-20 gives most consistent damage from all howies. Just use it right and profit, on the other hand most ML-20 docs are useless garabage.
21 Aug 2017, 12:56 PM

If the okw has an ostheer teammate there is a 1/3 chance of him going jagger armour and thus having access to the dive bomb.

I'm talking about 2v2 because without a teammate to let you float mp to build it without being crushed.
1 Sep 2017, 08:18 AM

There is often room to build a howitzer in 1v1 game because most of the current meta commanders do not have strong Off-map to hardcounter your howitzer. You just need to watch what doctrine he choses and then, if he didn´t chose doctrine with good offmap, you can punishing him for doing this mistake.

You can do this as well in 2v2+ but in bigger gamemodes team often has one player that choses doctrine which is good at destroying howitzer (good off-map). Only reason why would you want to build howitzer is to force one of your opponents to chose doctrine with offmap - when you know this doctrine is inferior in all other terms compared to the other 2 except at killing howitzers.
1 Sep 2017, 11:58 AM

There is often room to build a howitzer in 1v1 game because most of the current meta commanders do not have strong Off-map to hardcounter your howitzer. You just need to watch what doctrine he choses and then, if he didn´t chose doctrine with good offmap, you can punishing him for doing this mistake.

You can do this as well in 2v2+ but in bigger gamemodes team often has one player that choses doctrine which is good at destroying howitzer (good off-map). Only reason why would you want to build howitzer is to force one of your opponents to chose doctrine with offmap - when you know this doctrine is inferior in all other terms compared to the other 2 except at killing howitzers.

Welcome back lord of the fallen.
1 Sep 2017, 12:18 PM

play coh1 when you want everlasting howitzers and see how much fun that is
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment