Login

russian armor

FBP 2017 Commander Theorycraft

9 Aug 2017, 21:25 PM

Hi All, hopefully this is posted in the right place (if not please move) but what do you smart and beautiful people think/predict are going to be the hot solo and team commanders coming in the next patch (as of 1.2).

I ain't top tier so my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm guessing that the following happens:

OKW: No real changes. Despite Jadgtiger nerfs, it's still a heavy TD, which I feel is mandatory in team games. But otherwise Special Ops is great in solo and team, scavenge for 3rd solo spot, Fortifications for teams third slot

Soviets: With the changes to Dushka and M4C timing, along with the buffs to KV-1 and B4, we might see Counterattack simply replacing Lend Lease in both team and solo play, while one of the two IS-2 commanders taking that second slot for both teams and solo. Third slot for solo may be Reserve Army or Guard Motor (return of the king?), while team games it's Mechanized support for sure. Although the correction to arcing projectiles shows that maybe KV-2 might become the new ISU following the nerfs.

UKF: Likely no real changes, as even with the crocodile changes, both commanders are still pretty solid, as well as Mobile Assault because building spawn commanders and rocket arty too useful in both solo play and team games. Mostly, the old OP commanders (tactical support, fort) were nerfed previously and the remaining commanders are a bit lackluster.

USF: You're going to pick Pershing. Calliope in team games maybe. Infantry is just a worse version of calliope (but with mines), anything with paratroops is not great, Mech Support is too niche, and Rifle is eclipsed by Pershing in role/slot. Armor m10's got their role overlapped with Jacksons but the correction to arcing projectiles for Dozers might make them not terrible. Otherwise, I'm thinking Pershing-Calliope for solo and team play.

Wehrmatch: Elephant nerfs and stuka dive bomb nerfs but still mandatory to take in team games. Most Tiger commanders probably got love after their rise in speed along with accuracy nerfs to firefly. Lightning War likely to remaining a mandatory slot for stuka close air support. I'm mostly at a loss on this one as Wehrmatch is not in the best state with their infantry bullied by penal/rifle/tommies and crutching on stugs/too expensive T4.

But hey, these are my (not pro ie terrible) opinions, what do you think/predict is the next hot commanders for FBP?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS