Login

russian armor

How about working on the commaders for a change.

1 Aug 2017, 20:41 PM

I appreciate what you folks are doing to balance the game though for me it is getting alittle tiresome. In addition to balancing do you think you might be able to work in some changes for those commanders that are rarely used due to lackluster abilities so that there might be more utility and variety in the games? Just a thought.
1 Aug 2017, 20:50 PM

1 Aug 2017, 23:26 PM

Scope strikes again.

Although I'm pretty sure many would like some love for obscure/underused commanders, hopefully in the next balance patch.

One I would like see some rework personally is the Urban Defense Soviet doctrine. As it is currently it's very high risk-reward centered around literally one ability, with two underwhelming abilities and two alright abilities, but nothing for the lategame.

And that one ability (FHQ) is nigh useless in 1v1 outside of element of surprise at a low level, and on certain maps can leave an incredibly cheesy aftertaste in teamgames if abused.

I would like the risk and reward both toned down, cheaper FHQ so it doesn't mean delaying your tech by ten years but no bullshit aura buffs, or at least not buffs that apply to teammates' units.

Also the m-42 ATG could use some love. Maybe give it the rak treatment, allow it to garrison and retreat. As it is right now it's almost pointless because you have to play aggressively with it for it do anything, but you can't just hit T if enemy troops get nearby, you have to back up like a normal ATG and get raped. Cloak would probably be too much though.

The vehicle detection ability is also a waste of 60 munitions in a doctrine with two other great munition sinks, either make it some kind of passive or just swap it out. To fit the Urban Defense theme Ppsh upgrade makes perfect sense for close-quarters combat. Or maybe something more unique like flamers for penals, to burn out buildings.

EDIT: Actually the Vehicle Detection allows you to see vehicles almost across the entire map as long as your infantry are at about the halfway point... after enemy rushed a Pwerfer *and* Stuka to counter my well-placed FHQ in a teamgame, I activated Vehicle Detection for lols and holy shit it told me exactly where their Stuka, Pwerfer, and Oppel Blitz truck were. Went around the flanks with a lone t-34, killed all three. Maybe situational but not so bad after all.
2 Aug 2017, 04:05 AM

PPSH instead of vehicles detection is fine but flame penal is ..... MVGame .
2 Aug 2017, 04:23 AM

Yeah, would be nice if Relic let them work on a few doctrines/abilities of their choice each patch. One of the best things about the EFA mod is that most doctrine abilities perform for cost so you can actually use most of them without feeling completely hamstrung.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★