Login

russian armor

The Great Personality Demystification Thread

20 Jul 2017, 11:10 AM

Hello there!

Having spend quite some time on these forums, it seems to me that a lot of people are trying their best to present their points of view, but end up getting attacked for them by other people and their points of view, which are ironically, most of the time roughly the same, but versed differently.

I introduce: Know thyself and know them all! We can achieve mutual understanding by the use of the famed quantum physics personalysis personality test by James Nolan. Instead of the test, we simply use their color grade personality groups. Most people have some traits of all color groups, but there are usually two dominant colors per person. Most of the time the combinations are: Red-Blue, Red-Green, Green-Yellow or Blue-Green. You can change the directions of the combinations based on the true dominant characteristics.

The colors:

Greens

These are people who need security most of all. While most people have a need for control, greenies are need a tremendous amount of it. They require more predicatability, consistency and structure than other people. They tend to be detail oriented and enjoy such work. They like to do research. Under stress, greens can become stubborn. They have a LONG memory for negatives and can bear grudges "forever". They can become suspicious and nit picking. They may nag. They can be very negative under extreme stress. They tend to "write people off" after they have been disappointed with them. Once written off, theres no going back.

They especially follow rules completely and demand the same of others. They take a long time to think things through after which they become committed to a course of action, sometimes unwilling to change with the circumstances. They are sometimes known to sabotage things. They tend to stall. Beauracratic. Another stress reaction is to build a wall around themselves. Not communicating. They hate not being able to trust. This is something that is hard to come by from a greenie and once lost is not reclaimed. They experience a strong desire to get even for everything and can wait a long time for the satisfaction of doing so. They are tactical and methodical. They are loyal. Another stress reaction is to lose ALL feeling for people who views differ from theirs.

Reds

Reds are aggressive, bottom line oriented, focussed individuals who need respect most of all. They like power. They like action, and quick results. Under stress they become brutal. They enjoy positions of leadership. They need tangible rewards and seek constant accomplishment. Red is plentiful in Western countries.

Yellows

Yellows are enthusiastic people oriented folk. They enjoy being around others and sometimes this leads to an emphasis on quantity rather than quality of interaction. They can be socially astute and cavalier. They enjoy flexibility.

They are passionate. They can be unpredicatble under stress, but they do try to maintain a good image as they especially hate disapproval from people they respect. They need recognition fron others. A lot of hollywood types are yellow.

Blues

Blue people need personal freedom. They are individuals. Sensitive, honest, sincere, caring, empathetic, idealistic and creative. People of ideas. Constantly in sensitive thought. They hate losing caring relationships. They hate misunderstandings. They hate a breakdown in communication. They hate uncertainty (although they are not insane about this as are greenies). They like to plan. They like to be courteous. They like to give reasons for things (such as decisions they make affecting others).

They like to think of themselves as special. They need lotsa TLC. Under stress they at first withraw. They then become depressed. This can happen for such reasons as feeling misunderstood, losing a caring relationship, or having less personal freedom in a situation such as work. When they are depressed, they need reassurance to bring them out of it. They might call a friend, talk about the weather even, but just feeling cared for gives them the reassurance to "come out of stress" and stop feeling depressed. They are very intuitive. The British have the most beautiful blue.
Although much of British functioning is green.

Closing thoughts
The next time you come across someone's post and your fingers are tingling to take out that keyboard of yours and enter the battlefield of ignorance and dispair, read through the specific person's post once more and determine what color group they are. Then approach them wisely to avoid missunderstanding.

I for example, am green-red where the green is very dominant and the red only shows some characteristics. I also have some characterics of blue in there.

For anyone that has seen me on this forum, they know that the following lines from the Green description fits me to the letter: "They have a LONG memory for negatives and can bear grudges "forever". They can become suspicious and nit picking. They may nag. They can be very negative under extreme stress. They tend to "write people off" after they have been disappointed with them. Once written off, theres no going back."

No go out there and make this forum a more pleasant place!

20 Jul 2017, 11:15 AM

:loco:
20 Jul 2017, 11:24 AM

I thought it's about in-game players' colors. So green randoms are always retards :rolleyes:
20 Jul 2017, 11:26 AM

Guess I fit into the yellow category GabeN
20 Jul 2017, 12:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

While I appreciate your sentiment, "make the forums great again", I'd urge you to use the pseudo-science for your next university research paper.
There is no practical use to be found for it here, since people are not going to go around and look at color schematics while arguing on the internet.
20 Jul 2017, 12:03 PM

While I appreciate your sentiment, "make the forums great again", I'd urge you to use the pseudo-science for your next university research paper.
There is no practical use to be found for it here, since people are not going to go around and look at color schematics while arguing on the internet.

Pseudo science lol? Big corporations use this test to determine if candidates fit their jobs lol. But oh well, So be it.
20 Jul 2017, 12:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

Yea , corporations, hardly any psychologist uses this stuff ;) It's a gross simplification, related to the Myers-Brigs (couldve spelled that wrong) types. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just saying.
20 Jul 2017, 12:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

#moved to scrapyard
20 Jul 2017, 12:28 PM

You know what the problem is? The problem is that most people are not modders and have a bias towards a specific side/Army.

My first point about not being modders was aimed for people that have some ideas for the game but since they don't know how the game actually works they end up looking silly to people who do since they might even have great ideas, but since it cannot be accomplished in game because of technical limitations or whatever it just sounds dumb.

Now I don't consider myself superior just because I can mod the game but I think I can give better feedback and present more manageable points because I can make a mod incorporating my idea and present it to other people to prove my point.

While my 2nd point was aimed at certain people on the forums for example with their names ending with 205 and having a certain Tiger profile picture. And the funny part is they are self-admitted biased and people still accept their opinions and even argue with them.
20 Jul 2017, 15:56 PM

Yea , corporations, hardly any psychologist uses this stuff ;) It's a gross simplification, related to the Myers-Brigs (couldve spelled that wrong) types. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just saying.

That one was flawed and this version improved upon it. I have learned about both and more in my minor Psychology :thumb:
20 Jul 2017, 16:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

That one was flawed and this version improved upon it. I have learned about both and more in my minor Psychology :thumb:

Ah ok, I see, I'm not too familiair with the Myer-Brigs one, so I'll take your word for it ;)
I agree that the Nolan system might have SOME merit in a narrow corporate setting, but it's extremely archetypical imo, and does not really hold up outside of it, hence I don't think it is of much use here.

I'm a bit rusty in this department, but (if you are interested, or maybe already familiar with) you should look up the Big Five, which is based on imperical evidence (though also subject to critique).
Though it's been argued that it only holds up within the boundries of relatively easily recognizeable personality traits.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
I came across this stuff at some point during philosophy class, which has been quite a while ago.
What's your major if I may ask?
20 Jul 2017, 17:05 PM

Ah ok, I see, I'm not too familiair with the Myer-Brigs one, so I'll take your word for it ;)
I agree that the Nolan system might have SOME merit in a narrow corporate setting, but it's extremely archetypical imo, and does not really hold up outside of it, hence I don't think it is of much use here.

I'm a bit rusty in this department, but (if you are interested, or maybe already familiar with) you should look up the Big Five, which is based on imperical evidence (though also subject to critique).
Though it's been argued that it only holds up within the boundries of relatively easily recognizeable personality traits.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
I came across this stuff at some point during philosophy class, which has been quite a while ago.
What's your major if I may ask?

The personalysis is based on quantum physics and corresponding mathematics. The big five is indeed a very good one! Although it is indeed simplistic in the nature of its depths! But for personal use it is one of the best I feal! However, the reason corporations use personalysis is because it shows how people respond to certain corporate environments when under stress, pleasure of leisure (very managable situations). The funny thing is, people respond the same outside of coporations to the same sort of situations. So it is a good way of knowing yourself and others and shows you how to communicate with others in a way that gets the most out of them and their capabilities.

It also shows you how to trigger someone. One of the interesting things for example, is the red profile. A lot of athletes are reds and their need for recognition, being the best and having money and fame are what drives them. Reds are also known for becoming physical when under stressful sitautions. That is why a lot of top athletes become wife beaters lol.

My major is Sport psychology. You would be amazed at how in depth you can analize the human mind when it tries to be the best. For example, a lot of athletes have admitted that they would take a drug that would end their lives within 5 years, but let them win all the trophies they wanted. What ever deceives men, be it ambitions or convictions, seems to produce a magical enchantment.

There are some interesting forum posts about people actually using personalysis to avoid jobs and spouses that would not align with their color profile and thus their personality. They avoid conflict this way. However, how trusthworthy these sources are, is debatable.
20 Jul 2017, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2017, 11:26 AMKpen97
Guess I fit into the yellow category GabeN

Hollywood huh?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak