Login

russian armor

Question on XP and Veterancy

3 Aug 2013, 01:32 AM

Does the German faction tend to get verteranct easier and quicker than the Russian faction in general. Like the Russians have larger units that are cheaper to reinforce, they take more loses than the Germans but its balanced out by cost. But since veterancy is obtained at a rate of 75% for doing damage and 25% for taking damage does it tip the balance of vetrancy towards the Germans or is it a case that the Russian only take the same loses as the Germans. Is there any difference in the rate of veterancy gained for each sides?

Also the XP markers that appear above units when they get a kill are they related to veterancy of do they simply go towards commander points?
3 Aug 2013, 05:04 AM

I'm not sure about vet anymore- but they sure have improved it!

veteran in alpha/beta was horrible- you'd have to send your units to die to get vetted ones, so it'd end up that conscripts who die a lot get a ton of vet and grens who get retreated and die less frequently get no vet, its a lot better now,.
3 Aug 2013, 05:28 AM

you gain vet at the same rate, scripts give less xp per kill than grens, im not entirely sure on the maths but i know the xp gains per kill are very blaanced out (4 man vs 6 man)
3 Aug 2013, 10:00 AM

not sure how exactly it works in coh2, but my guess would be that it is at least close to how it worked in coh1, where the xp gain for killing a certain unit was calculated by its cost, so a killing a cheap unit gives less xp than killing an expensive unit.
3 Aug 2013, 14:15 PM

Same as crawler said. I think it calculates based on the enemy's cost. So if a PGren squad kills a big tank, it gets more XP (I have no proof for this, though).

As far as Grens earning more, I think they earn at pretty much the same rate. It depends a lot on the playing style.

When I play 2v2, my partner tends to deal more damage than me, sometimes A LOT more damage than me,. You just gotta remember that more dmg doesn't necessarily equate better play. Your opponents could have dealt more damage to you, but you could have won the engagement (an MG for example, doesnt deal a lot of dmg, but pinning his units will win you the fight).
3 Aug 2013, 15:04 PM

The XP definitely takes into account cost. I get 40XP per inf and 400-odd for a light tank with a P4.

Although it's still fearsomely hard to get a 3* vet for certain units (I'm looking at you, Panther), a flame-halftrack or a T70 can get to 3* in only a few squads.
Only Relic postRelic 3 Aug 2013, 16:04 PM

The XP kickers are related to command points, you get veterancy every time you do damage or receive damage (75/25) ... There are no differences between both factions, and I think both factions might get veteran at the same rate because yes, germans do more damage but have less health ... therefore they can't stay in the battlefield as long as the soviet troops most of the time.
3 Aug 2013, 16:35 PM

Thanks for the response guys.
3 Aug 2013, 18:50 PM

Thanks for the information!
Does only effective damage (actually receiver or dealt) count or does absorbed damage (cover, armor) also count?
How do criticals count? E.g. from flamethrowers? Do they count as the remaining health of the unit killed or do they count as a fixed amount/nothing at all?
3 Aug 2013, 21:43 PM

Thanks for the information!
Does only effective damage (actually receiver or dealt) count or does absorbed damage (cover, armor) also count?
How do criticals count? E.g. from flamethrowers? Do they count as the remaining health of the unit killed or do they count as a fixed amount/nothing at all?

you might want to rephrase that question... (so people understand it)

as for absorbed damage... the damage doesn't get absorbed, the "damage" doesn't ever hit anything, so no damage gets dealt at all (apart from tank shells hitting random things --> scatter).

also i'm fairly sure the damage itself does not influence XP, but only the cost of the single entity (at least towards CP, not sure for squad veterancy).
9 Aug 2013, 10:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Also remember that the perception of some units vetting faster than others (for example Grenadiers vetting faster than Conscripts) is because of upgrades like LMG that deal tons of damage (so you perceive they vet way faster and they do).

Also, remember that 75-25% always changes basing on the quantity of damage you do/receive: take again conscripts vs grens with LMG, if you receive a lot of damage from a unit (for example an LMG42) the 25% of experience you receive for received damage will be way more than the 75% of experience you receive for the damage your conscripts will deal to grenadiers.

For this reason in many situations you perceive (and it's true) that received damage exp > dealt damage exp
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★