Login

russian armor

[Random 2vs2] Ostheer

27 Apr 2017, 13:52 PM

Hello again :) ,

I Need help with this Topic again :(
I have so much xp with this game but iam not always able to beat this strat (Rifleblobs).
So would you the coh2 community Review this replay and answer the following questions:

1. What did I do wrong? What could I have done to win.
2. Pls explain me (again) how to deal with this rifleblob strat.
3. A good strat when using mech. assault.
4. How was my opening? Maybe give me tips about a good opening as Ostheer on this map.
5. Iam also curious about General tips in 2vs2? I want to achieve a high rank in the future but when I always struggle against this I fear that I wont reach this Goal´.
How for example reach good Players like Helping Hans high ranks in 2vs2 when they also start from the bottom of the leaderboards after each patch?
6. Any tips how to synergize with my Partner? (I mean 50 percent of the victory should come from him to right?)

Sorry for the Little "diary" here but Iam a bit frustrated loosing against this strat (and this rude People ive played against it).

Thanks for the help and have a nice day :)
27 Apr 2017, 13:53 PM

27 Apr 2017, 14:09 PM
Strategist Badge

I'm a reasonably good 2v2 player so i can give this a review for you if you would like?

Would have to wait till tomorrow evening tho :)

27 Apr 2017, 14:13 PM

Hello Finndeed,

take your time mate I appreciate your help :)

Cya
29 Apr 2017, 06:56 AM
Strategist Badge

Okay so going for double engineer will guarantee you lose the first fight for the fuel, and ask yourself is it really that important for you to wire off that VP? How many VP's will it give you? Is getting the fuel more important? Reality is that its a 2v2 on a map that takes a long time, wiring off that VP is a waste of time.

You then also divided your attention between your allies fight and yours with one squad that is almost the worst combat squad in the game. Particularly at your level i would advise focusing your attention in one place.

Ost's MG is their backbone, you need to learn how to use it. It is very hard for me to describe how to use it just with words. I would recommend watching some very good players replays, Aimstrong and Devm are some of the best users of Ost MG's there are. Try following the MG for the first 5/10 mins of the game to see how they use it. (of course look at the whole match to see why they are doing what they are doing).

When his blob of rifles came you would often leave your MG's pointing in the wrong direction, don't watch the fight try and win the fight! Be more proactive!

When you want to help your ally do it with purpose. Dont send just one squad sent half your force with half keeping your flank safe-ish.

You were running around with your Grens in one group and your engineers in the other, this doesn't spread the benefits of having a diverse force.

When you wiped his MG you could have stolen it, if not stolen you could have moved you (stationary) mg's up so he couldnt get it back!

On that note you left your MG's in the same place for so long that he knew exactly where they were, meaning he knew where to flank to kill them. Leaving something in place the whole game doesnt help you.

Finally that doctrine is bad for 2v2, if you are going to use it, use it early and use the Assult Grens to help win the early fights.

My best recommendation for you is to watch other people play and try to do it yourself. Via Twitch streams or Youtube casts. There are also a lot of video's on how to get the most out of your units and how to best use the games controls.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!
29 Apr 2017, 08:17 AM

Okay thank you for your tips. I will try to work on my mistakes.
Thanks and have a nice day :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak