Login

russian armor

what is it,langres for ants?

1 Aug 2013, 13:21 PM

All the deep snow is pure garbage. You can't flank anything. Not that a good player is not just going to pick up his MG and move it anyway after you throw a Molotov.

If you start in south and he gets an MG on the corner fuel, it's unflankable, all he has to do is move it to the edge of the map.

So you have to go 2-3 cars with flamers to get the MGs and then the scout car will roll out and you will lose the game because you're so behind on fuel. I will fiddle around with some support starts but there's that pesky uber Ostheer mortar to deal with...

1 Aug 2013, 14:11 PM

Summer Langres, perfect

Snow Langres, deepshit

Delete Snow Langres right away or delete the fucking deep snow, seriously why the fuck those deep snow exist?
1 Aug 2013, 14:16 PM

Permanently Banned
porygon's another tread is show how f**ked up this map :/

http://www.coh2.org/topic/6088/few-tips-playing-in-langreskaya
1 Aug 2013, 14:24 PM

i know lets give vehicles an ugradeable snow plow!.

nevertheless i am quite sad that i have yet to play it on snow version.
1 Aug 2013, 14:41 PM

I'm usually not super critical but the deep snow especially on the right hand side (where that building is a serious point of conflict near the fuel) is slowing down a lot of the gameplay as I watch my men waddle through the snow.
1 Aug 2013, 14:53 PM

don't make them waddle. use other units there. is not like terrain is not part of the game. like roads.

on a side note i wish roads gave a speed bonus. i mean speed for cover. its a good trade. like deep snow. speed for infiltration.
1 Aug 2013, 15:04 PM

don't make them waddle. use other units there. is not like terrain is not part of the game. like roads.

on a side note i wish roads gave a speed bonus. i mean speed for cover. its a good trade. like deep snow. speed for infiltration.

Why should flanking be punished even more while they are like almost useless now?
1 Aug 2013, 16:43 PM

Why should flanking be punished even more while they are like almost useless now?

company of flanking?

its a snow map. snow tactics are different than summer tactics. you don't send troopers to swim on a water map, you send then on boats (and suddenly beaches have a strategic importance). this is not Dota 2 winter map decorations(snow that does not affect game play). the deep snow applies to both sides. you can have a mortar an be safe that units wont run to it. you can set up your own mg on the other side. you can even try to charge in with smoke and a transport.

and if i am not wrong. troopers become invisible during storms on deep snow even if they are moving.

but no you don't want to adjust your tactics to the map. the map must adjust to your tactics.

don't take it personally. i am just rambling. i really like snow maps. i just think that some of its mechanics should use some tweaking.
1 Aug 2013, 16:44 PM
Patrion 14

Snow maps grip my shit. I hate them.
1 Aug 2013, 16:48 PM

I like the snow maps for the blizzard mechanic, though it could happen less often certainly.

The deep snow seriously rustle my jimmies though. It feels like it serves no useful / fun purpose and the maps would play out more fun without them. If we're keeping them at least change what they do, like slow movement grr okay but maybe I can use it as a camo / cover point.
1 Aug 2013, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 16:48 PMShazz
I like the snow maps for the blizzard mechanic, though it could happen less often certainly.

The deep snow seriously rustle my jimmies though. It feels like it serves no useful / fun purpose and the maps would play out more fun without them. If we're keeping them at least change what they do, like slow movement grr okay but maybe I can use it as a camo / cover point.

they give cammo during blizzards. and the German doctrine cammo. can make them camo even outside blizzards.
1 Aug 2013, 17:04 PM

Deep snow, as red cover, as green cover, as fences, should be sporadic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS