Login

russian armor

British dealing with OKW STG Play (with Replay)

31 Mar 2017, 16:11 PM

So I've been a reasonably high tier player in the past and recently I've returned to some of the changes recently "balanced" into the game by Relic.

Whilst the days of Shreck Blobs are far behind us, the infantry shredding potential of the Volksgrenadiers for the OKW seems even worse in my eyes. And my playstyle which once challenged some of the top 10 players in this game struggles to touch even the average OKW player. I feel myself in a situation such as this.

My infantry is worse, without having to fight long ranged pitched battles which of course my opponents try and avoid as much as possible. I end up trying to basically solo my opponent with my Universal Carrier, which in the past was a strong technique but requires extreme levels of micro and concentration.

I'd use the mortar pit, but it seems to hugely underperform in my eyes against a singular enemy mortar, which can easily out dps my mortar pit due to it being nearly unable to miss such a huge target. Which requires me to constantly sally forth with infantry which doesn't perform well on the move into once again these walls of STG fire.

Machine Guns are OK, but they lead to a static form of play which then leads into getting rinsed by Infantry Support Guns for the rest of the game, which once again requires charges with weak infantry into better suited infantry to remove.

And I end up with a army based around waiting for that Rushed Centaur to even break out onto the field properly.

Thoughts on how I should be approaching it?

31 Mar 2017, 16:24 PM

If I may quote:
1. And my playstyle which once challenged some of the top 10 players in this game struggles to touch even the average OKW player.
2. I'd use the mortar pit, but it seems to hugely underperform in my eyes against a singular enemy mortar, which can easily out dps my mortar pit due to it being nearly unable to miss such a huge target.
3. Machine Guns are OK, but they lead to a static form of play which then leads into getting rinsed by Infantry Support Guns for the rest of the game, which once again requires charges with weak infantry into better suited infantry to remove.
l2p
Somehow your first statement seems to conflict with the other two quotes. Your turn to find out why.
31 Mar 2017, 16:34 PM

If I may quote:
1. And my playstyle which once challenged some of the top 10 players in this game struggles to touch even the average OKW player.
2. I'd use the mortar pit, but it seems to hugely underperform in my eyes against a singular enemy mortar, which can easily out dps my mortar pit due to it being nearly unable to miss such a huge target.
3. Machine Guns are OK, but they lead to a static form of play which then leads into getting rinsed by Infantry Support Guns for the rest of the game, which once again requires charges with weak infantry into better suited infantry to remove.
l2p
Somehow your first statement seems to conflict with the other two quotes. Your turn to find out why.

My aim in placing that statement at the top was to impress apon the reader, that I do not lack the ability to play this game, and have at times been very highly ranked. (I was knocked out by -HOI-PAUL in the 4th round of OCF, for example)
It doesn't have much merit beyond that as to my actual points about the gameplay problems I have been running up against.

My later points are to give some explanation of the fights I'm constantly ending up in game after game, and my problems to fight alternatives to deal with them beyond the UKF kit.

And as to your ridiculous point of L2P, there's a reason I'm asking a question on the forum >.>
If you didn't have anything beyond pure trolling to input I'd have preferred you didn't input at all.
31 Mar 2017, 16:57 PM

A replay from you, encountering this issue, will greatly help us.

Theorycrafting is good, but being able to write our notes directly to your issues will not only help us (by shortening our work) but also to you - you will get info you exatly need.
31 Mar 2017, 17:25 PM

A replay from you, encountering this issue, will greatly help us.

Theorycrafting is good, but being able to write our notes directly to your issues will not only help us (by shortening our work) but also to you - you will get info you exatly need.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/60106/gameplay-reference

I unfortunately only have my most recent game saved, and in my opinion it's a poor representation of the problem, because I tried to use higher amounts of infantry and I chose to rush my opponent to try and ofset my mid-game artillery problems, this backfired due to lack of UC support and I ended up spending the rest of the game fighting mixed battles over the last quarter of my side of the map.

If I play another game that truely sums up the problem, I will post it.

edit* Another comment on that game, I was resource floating like mad because I was playing with very little fuel,and didn't account for it, I normally don't float such absurdly high MP values.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★