Login

russian armor

Almost Won then Tiger came out

30 Jul 2013, 14:48 PM

Just played a really intense game there was 76 points on the enemies victory point thing and mine was just over 200. All my munitions went on just holding the line against loads of PGrens very late in the game, only could get one SU in case a Panzer came (lost 3 tanks to AT Guns and PGrens)but then I see it was a Tiger that hit the field.

I had little manpower and fuel left the guy was nearly dead but the Tiger just rolled through all my lines and I had to surrender, I feel kind of cheated out of a win in a way but that's that.

How is it possible to counter a Tiger when the Commander I use has no tank call-ins?
30 Jul 2013, 15:51 PM

How is it possible to counter a Tiger when the Commander I use has no tank call-ins?

The idea is not to find a way of betting a tiger without tanks. The idea is how fast can you drain your opponent's vps before the tiger comes in.

This is why late game tanks are called endgame.

30 Jul 2013, 16:15 PM

I've had a few of these situations, though 2v2.

Had complete map control bar 1 or 2 sectors around their base. They've sat there with an opel & turtled, then 2 panthers (in one game) or 1 tiger (in another game) arrives and then I can't deal enough AT damage.

If I've gone with conscript spam then tank support with KV8 and IS2, I find the IS2 can be killed by panthers as they can blitz speed even with engine damage and keep up with the IS2, even though I've thrown several AT nades at the Panther.

The Tiger just has the health to withstand anything bar ISU hitting it.

You end up focusing all fire power trying to bring these things down that the enemy infantry can regain map control. Further more any blobs of inf get strafed and made useless.

I'm not a great player however when I'm winning 90% of the game, then have panthers/tigers turn up (had it at 500/25, then lost 0/25) with strafe it's hard to take.

Your infantry will then get sucked into delaying the tiger to spot for your tanks/disable the tiger, at which stage they'll get strafed and stomped by Pgrens.
30 Jul 2013, 16:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well usually snipers and SU-85 combo are enough to stop PGrens + Tiger :)
30 Jul 2013, 16:39 PM

The tiger's really expensive and not too strong for the cost. I'm presuming you're either the NKVD doctrine or a hit the dirt one, at which point your options are basically either SU-85s with something in front of them or T-34s for the ram.
30 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM
Benefactor 115

The point is that you were winning also because they were sacrificing mid game and saving for endgame tanks, it's not like they came out of thin air
30 Jul 2013, 19:04 PM

The most important thing in dealing with heavy tanks is causing engine damage. Mines and AT grenades are your best options. Once a Tiger's mobility is reduced you can kill it with SU-85s or AT guns pretty easily.
31 Jul 2013, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 17:14 PMtuvok
The point is that you were winning also because they were sacrificing mid game and saving for endgame tanks, it's not like they came out of thin air

Doubt he was sacrificing mid-game as his points were so low and he had no map control in the end. If he did sacrifice mid game onwards for one Tiger he was playing a very risky game as he was 70 odd points from losing. Just think he didn't use fuel so that saved him as never faced a single tank just PGrens with shreks. Loads of them lol.

Bad for me I lost 3 tanks and only had one SU left.
1 Aug 2013, 00:51 AM

SU-85 spam trumps Tiger. Get 2 SU-85s pre-emptively, and he might not even build one at all, and when he does just get a AT Grenade off on it and back up your SU-85 and wail on it from a safe distance. It's a close match up, but with a bit of micro and positioning you should be able to kill it, or at the very least contain it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★