Login

russian armor

T-34-85 to compliment SU-85 army.

30 Jul 2013, 11:47 AM

Most ppl say you call in T-34-85s if you're winning.

I somewhat disagree, it's a bit like calling a Pershing - doesn't exactly mean that you're winning.

So, one way you can call in T-34-85s, I guess, if you're not winning, could be to compliment an SU-85 army so you have a main-line battle tank that is decent supporting your tank destroyers.

Has anyone tried this atm?
30 Jul 2013, 13:15 PM
Benefactor 115

if you have "an SU-85 army" you ARE winning :D
30 Jul 2013, 15:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 11:47 AMhubewa
Most ppl say you call in T-34-85s if you're winning.

I somewhat disagree, it's a bit like calling a Pershing - doesn't exactly mean that you're winning.

So, one way you can call in T-34-85s, I guess, if you're not winning, could be to compliment an SU-85 army so you have a main-line battle tank that is decent supporting your tank destroyers.

Has anyone tried this atm?

It is actually pretty simple why I would say "if you are able to call XXX top tier doctrinal tank then you are winning". Because the only way you can save enough fuel and manpower (but especially fuel) to afford such a huge investment is by having already put yourself in such a great position that you can wait many minutes without building more vehicles.

Now, considering how powerful are early game vehicles and how fast you can get mid game tanks, both players are forced to tech vehicles at some point to stay in the game, so they won't be able to save that fuel unless they have basically already won.

Or because the two players have a different skill level. :)
30 Jul 2013, 21:22 PM

It can be different. SU-85s are defensive units, T-34-85s are far more aggressive units.

So, I can sit back with the SU-85s and still be losing (or the game may be even) because I may not have that much map control - then I call in the T-34-85 and then bam.

The shock value of the T-34-85 if you go T4 would be really high and could almost be gamechanging because all of a sudden, your armour is now agressive.
31 Jul 2013, 12:41 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 21:22 PMhubewa
It can be different. SU-85s are defensive units, T-34-85s are far more aggressive units.

So, I can sit back with the SU-85s and still be losing (or the game may be even) because I may not have that much map control - then I call in the T-34-85 and then bam.

The shock value of the T-34-85 if you go T4 would be really high and could almost be gamechanging because all of a sudden, your armour is now agressive.

I know what you mean, especially if you haven't dealt with infantry spam properly yet SU85s can feel a bit useless, but I find a KV8 call-in much more useful in these cases: it can stand a good amount of hits and will wipe out the shrecks/at guns and bring out enemy tanks to target with SU85s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★