Login

russian armor

differentiation Between COH2.org & Gamereplays.org

30 Nov 2012, 00:50 AM

I'm wondering what the differentiation is between COH2.org and Gamereplay.org? I had a couple of questions for the admins that run the site and for those who will be regularly contributing.

What will be the pull for gamers to visit COH2.org for COH series community and information?

Will COH2.org be easier to navigate than Gamereplays.org?

How will the site be maintained and developed over the next year as COH2 roles out?

How can people interested in the COH and COH2 contribute to site and community development?

30 Nov 2012, 01:02 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

There are plenty of COH fansites on the net, and we expect there to be plenty more when COH2 is launched. We don't define ourselves in comparison to the rest of the sites. Our mission is clearly stated in the welcome message.

You can keep track of our development here. We like to be transparent.

How you can contribute depends on you really, as there are a multitude of ways. Just being active and posting is the simplest way. Then there's livestreaming, the more the merrier! If you want to make content for the site, or help manage it (forums, events, etc), then you should look to join staff in a Junior position. From there, you can be trained by the rest of staff in that particular area.

If you are talking about $$ contributions, that is something that we will introduce and allow in the near future. We've had many great offers, but we're not going to accept donations until we have some of our other plans in place (medals, rewards, etc).
30 Nov 2012, 06:27 AM

I know I didn't ask the questions but sounds good to me Ami. Seems like the crew at CoH2.org is doing a good job of helping the community represent for CoH2. I think having a site devoted to one game will help keep it focused on the game at hand.
5 Dec 2012, 08:30 AM

Will the donations go directly to tourney prices, or will it run on a priority list? (site costs first, for example) And in that case what would those priorites be?:)
5 Dec 2012, 09:00 AM

Why not introduce something like humble bundle has, so you can choose where your money will go?
like tourney money, site support, advertising and so on :)
5 Dec 2012, 09:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2012, 09:00 AMnuhj
Why not introduce something like humble bundle has, so you can choose where your money will go?
like tourney money, site support, advertising and so on :)

This is exactly how our system will be :)
5 Dec 2012, 11:27 AM

Will it be paypal? Because in that case I might finally have enough reasons to go through the hassle of getting a account. :p

EDIT: Also while at it, will you have a "CoH2.org supporter" thing? Something to give monthly donations of for example 5 US? Would be interested. :)
5 Dec 2012, 12:43 PM

This is exactly how our system will be :)

WOHOOOO
5 Dec 2012, 13:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Yes Jenni, we will have some kind of "supporter" thing if users do want it :) Our idea is simple: first we want to provide quality contents and stuff that the community wants and asks from years and only then we set up the donations system :)
5 Dec 2012, 14:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yes Jenni, we will have some kind of "supporter" thing if users do want it :) Our idea is simple: first we want to provide quality contents and stuff that the community wants and asks from years and only then we set up the donations system :)

doing right by the community I like it. if I have a job by then (and extra income) you may just see some money coming your way. that is if you keep it up. ;) (almost forgot i also have to think coh2 is awesome.)
5 Dec 2012, 22:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm the main difference and the main attraction.
6 Dec 2012, 03:20 AM

CoH2.org consists of REAL gentlemen while gamereplays is full of mods and noobs that are whiny babies.
6 Dec 2012, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2012, 22:19 PM12azor
I'm the main difference and the main attraction.

lol!
6 Dec 2012, 08:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

CoH2.org consists of REAL gentlemen while gamereplays is full of mods and noobs that are whiny babies.

do not exagerate :P we were on gamereplays too ^^ it's just that now we can do things exactly as we want :)
6 Dec 2012, 10:40 AM
Donator 33

Only Danes will get this ;)
6 Dec 2012, 11:59 AM
Senior Editor Badge

gr.org now is a house of trolls.

please do not let this happen here.
6 Dec 2012, 12:20 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L