Login

russian armor

Vet From Mines

30 Jul 2013, 14:09 PM

I mine everything because I'm in love with them since CoH... but often I see them only kill one unit in a squad, which makes me go "meh." It's still worth it though, even for the psychological effect (and that rare chance that you'll hit that stupid flame HT).
30 Jul 2013, 14:22 PM

I mine everything because I'm in love with them since CoH... but often I see them only kill one unit in a squad, which makes me go "meh." It's still worth it though, even for the psychological effect (and that rare chance that you'll hit that stupid flame HT).

I've seen it kill 3 guys in a gren squad. I suppose it's random I guess.
30 Jul 2013, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 14:22 PMhubewa

I've seen it kill 3 guys in a gren squad. I suppose it's random I guess.

I have too. It's random, depending on how clumped the guys are and how much health they have. If one guy darts out on his own while the others are autoseeking cover, mines are pretty ineffective. Against full health squads, it usually knocks out one guy (which is fine with me, I suppose).
30 Jul 2013, 19:18 PM

I said it isn't a bad return, the Soviet mine also costs 30 munis. Thanks for almost gleaning my point.
30 Jul 2013, 21:19 PM

I have too. It's random, depending on how clumped the guys are and how much health they have. If one guy darts out on his own while the others are autoseeking cover, mines are pretty ineffective. Against full health squads, it usually knocks out one guy (which is fine with me, I suppose).

Yeah, and you can't exactly capwalk in this game either so there's no real way of sending one guy forwards to hit a mine XD
31 Jul 2013, 06:56 AM

While I agree that the mines are IMBA on the plus side the half track mine is a guarantee immobilize and the teller kills a T-70 outright 7/10 times. Those are both rather useful however I feel that they are not spammable. I do think that an increase in price on the Russian mine and an improved German AI mine would be great changes.

That being said the purpose I was trying to get at with this thread is that say a gren squad does lose 3 men to stepping on a mine that squad should not be rewarded with experience for at all. Same goes for bunker MGs IMO.
31 Jul 2013, 10:26 AM

My humble opinion:

- vet received for taking damage: ok in most cases, however I find it utterly ridiculous to vet from freezing to death (not sure it is still the case in the latest patch, but definitely was that way in late beta / release)

- S-mines: to people arguing that it is possible to lay a single patch by cancelling, I'll say I find it highly impractical and way to micro intensive. I'll already spend 2-3 seconds to actually place the 4 corners in valid position. I can't afford to watch the pios finish the first patch, cancel the operation and so on. If it is intended by design to be able to lay a patch for 20 munis, give us the option to do so. If not, make it uncancellable like a normal mine (i.e. complete the whole patch or cancel the whole patch).
31 Jul 2013, 10:34 AM

While I agree that the mines are IMBA on the plus side the half track mine is a guarantee immobilize and the teller kills a T-70 outright 7/10 times. Those are both rather useful however I feel that they are not spammable. I do think that an increase in price on the Russian mine and an improved German AI mine would be great changes.

That being said the purpose I was trying to get at with this thread is that say a gren squad does lose 3 men to stepping on a mine that squad should not be rewarded with experience for at all. Same goes for bunker MGs IMO.

Experience getting from mines was always a thing from VCoH - I don't see any reason to change it.

And Mines should be spammed - this would encourage ppl to get minesweepers or advance more carefully. I would rather engine damage being done or flanks stopped by easy to lay mines (VCoH style) than uber powerful mines gibbing a light tank. The earlier normally does the job anyway if you have proper counters close by anyway.
31 Jul 2013, 11:10 AM
Benefactor 115

I find it utterly ridiculous to vet from freezing to death)

It's called Zenkai Power :D
31 Jul 2013, 15:56 PM

however I find it utterly ridiculous to vet from freezing to death

Well Vet is just gaining experience... watching your buddy die from exposure gives you the experience of "Hey I should stand next to a fire." :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment