Login

russian armor

CoH and Valkyria Chronicles Crossover?

16 Feb 2017, 02:08 AM

yesterday I just for a moment saw HelpingHans play Valkyria Chronicles and it got me wondering if it is possible to have these two franchises crossover not in a paint style cosmetic fashion but an actual physical game. The basic synopsis behind the game is it is firstly an alternate history where the appearance of portals in 1944 (similar to that of the Army Men series) that lead to other dimensions. Axis forces discover these portals first, acquire material/resources to ramp up their war production as well as make alliances with the neighboring countries who would side with them. It doesn't take long for the Allies to realize what's going on and for them to do exactly the same thing. Now there is no a longer just only a Pacific front and a European front. so another theater of war opens...
what are your thoughts?
is this actually feasible or just pure speculation?
is going to be an RTS or turn base?
16 Feb 2017, 08:13 AM

A star-wars - CoH would be much better (imagine AT-ST crushing through walls and laser-machineguns suppressing....)
16 Feb 2017, 09:29 AM

The CANVAS engine is very beautiful. Wish it was used more......
16 Feb 2017, 12:41 PM

A star-wars - CoH would be much better (imagine AT-ST crushing through walls and laser-machineguns suppressing....)

I've been dreaming about this since vCoH. I imagined gameplay elements from the old Star Wars Battlefront games in a CoH game when I was playing SWBF1 back in the day. Like calling in Jedis, or AT-ATs.

I always wondered about how to bring suppression to CIS droids. Maybe they'd just lack it and eat more damage over time, when they should be suppressed? Imagine suppression modifiers just not being applied..
Imagine Droideka's being a mobile suppression unit that would dwarf Maximspam. I've got so many more ideas for a project like this.

There is already an RTS game about Star Wars you might say, but I was not happy with that one at all.
I'd rather imagine swapping KTs with ATATs and kept fantasizing about all the possibilities.
16 Feb 2017, 17:27 PM

Omg you played Army Men as well? I loved those games as a kid, and I recently also played them thanks to this: https://www.gog.com/forum/army_men_series/how_to_play_army_men_2_multiplayer_without_gog_ver_and_no_lags

Too bad Army Men III is not recognized since it's a fan made game and not official, and by the looks of things wikipedia and the rest of the world hate the franchise due to unknown reasons.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Yes, I'd total support this, the game is not 1:1 historically accurate anyhow so a little crossover in a form of a DLC expansion or a mod wouldn't hurt.

What I imagine is a 12 buck expansion where you can play as Galia or the Imperial Alliance with their own balance and units and abilities in their own world, separate from the pseudo-WW2 theme CoH has IF there is enough content for a standalone expansion.

I am all for your idea, wish there was more to Valkyria Chronicles tho, almost cried at the end of the Anime, was really... touching, and the soundtrack only made it better.
17 Feb 2017, 00:19 AM

Omg you played Army Men as well? I loved those games as a kid, and I recently also played them thanks to this: https://www.gog.com/forum/army_men_series/how_to_play_army_men_2_multiplayer_without_gog_ver_and_no_lags

Too bad Army Men III is not recognized since it's a fan made game and not official, and by the looks of things wikipedia and the rest of the world hate the franchise due to unknown reasons.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Yes, I'd total support this, the game is not 1:1 historically accurate anyhow so a little crossover in a form of a DLC expansion or a mod wouldn't hurt.

What I imagine is a 12 buck expansion where you can play as Galia or the Imperial Alliance with their own balance and units and abilities in their own world, separate from the pseudo-WW2 theme CoH has IF there is enough content for a standalone expansion.

I am all for your idea, wish there was more to Valkyria Chronicles tho, almost cried at the end of the Anime, was really... touching, and the soundtrack only made it better.

dont forget that Galia has made new friends in the form of the Allies(USF, Brits and Soviets ) so i expect each of these factions to have their own separate campaign respectfully as well. Of course the Imperial Alliance has the Axis(OKW and OST) powers to help them as well. There will be a campaign for each them as well. new maps too. if u ask me i would rather if it was made a full game rather an expansion but who am i to argue. still it will be interesting to see these two franchise meet.
17 Feb 2017, 00:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

TL;DR of this thread: Neeeeeerrrrrrrddddddssssssssss

Ha no, nice to see that passion in here, fellas.
17 Feb 2017, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 00:32 AMVuther
TL;DR of this thread: Neeeeeerrrrrrrddddddssssssssss

Ha no, nice to see that passion in here, fellas.

I bet I lift more than you lol.
17 Feb 2017, 03:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I bet I lift more than you lol.

Damn right you better, I haven't lifted a weight bar in months.
17 Feb 2017, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 03:47 AMVuther

Damn right you better, I haven't lifted a weight bar in months.

Any fatty can lift a bar, quest is if you can lift yourself up.

A strong independent man that don't need no wo... No wait nvm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★