Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace's resource penalties

2 Feb 2017, 17:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I never said that the Ace is not a good tank. I even compared it with the KT! (I once got an Ace to 70 kills in a 1v1 like hell, this unit is very powerful)‎. No, again, the Ace's performance is completely fine! No questions about it. However, i'm talking about the penalty things, which no other units suffer from anymore. That penalty thing is just odd now, consider the KT, the unit you can call-in without any penalty but the Ace, share similar power, has to carry such burdens. And then, it's veteran status as well...

To be honest, I have been repeated myself over and over again... but i'm gonna do it one last time: The resource penalties. That's the one i'm targeting, NOT the Ace. The Ace is completely fine in terms of performance (Similar to KT, remember?) but the penalties!... The resource penalties, man!‎

Jep. But here's the thing -if you tried hard enough as a Designer, you could have a Comet Ace, a KT Ace, ISU 152 Ace, an IS2 Ace, a Pershing Ace etc Take your pick. Whichever you chose as an Ace, it would be a flawed design from the get-go.

Not a bad idea, but that would means an entire new unit added (Bergertiger) which I don't think it can be executed any time soon. Meanwhile, I think the KT is still a more suitable choice: A strong unit but with high CP requirement, high resource requirement (720MP and 260 fuels), it won't be the no-brainer choice since you can get more units by the time the King become available. Basically, do this to remove the old flaw is the main concern, in my opinion, consider it's the last remnant of the old, broken "veteran call-ins"

I apologise in advance. When i suggested a Bergetiger, I was not thinking for one minute that Relic would do this at this stage in the game. I was simply trying to point out that there were better ways of creating strong late-game units, than going for 'Aces'

I accept COH2 is designed primarily for casual players - I don't think it was ever designed to be otherwise - but if you want to keep some element of competitiveness in it, 'Aces' are not the way forward.
2 Feb 2017, 20:42 PM

I never said that the Ace is not a good tank. I even compared it with the KT! (I once got an Ace to 70 kills in a 1v1 like hell, this unit is very powerful)‎. No, again, the Ace's performance is completely fine! No questions about it. However, i'm talking about the penalty things, which no other units suffer from anymore. That penalty thing is just odd now, consider the KT, the unit you can call-in without any penalty but the Ace, share similar power, has to carry such burdens. And then, it's veteran status as well...

To be honest, I have been repeated myself over and over again... but i'm gonna do it one last time: The resource penalties. That's the one i'm targeting, NOT the Ace. The Ace is completely fine in terms of performance (Similar to KT, remember?) but the penalties!... The resource penalties, man!‎

if u take away the ressources penalties, the tiger ace most cost alot of fuel and and get a bit nerfed to.
in my oppinion ace tiger is better than kt, becouse of speed and sight.
2 Feb 2017, 21:53 PM

if u take away the ressources penalties, the tiger ace most cost alot of fuel and and get a bit nerfed to.
in my oppinion ace tiger is better than kt, becouse of speed and sight.

Agreed.
Tiger II is superior, except for that crappy turret rotation and moving speed.
2 Feb 2017, 23:45 PM

I think they should just replace tiger ace with tiger but thats me..
nee
2 Feb 2017, 23:47 PM

Just replace it with the normal Tiger will basically remove the doctrine's flavour. Like, what's "Elite" about it anymore? That's why replace it with the KT is more suitable, consider the Ace's stats are already around the level of the KT and it'll still keep the "Elite" flavour flows (The only Wehrmacht Doctrine got access to the KT)‎

I like doctrinal flavour, but I'd think that ultimately, balance should trump flavour. More so, considering that's exactly what happened to a lot of the game, ie OKW's quirks.
As for the elite in Elite Troops, it's just a name. You can suppose it was from the buying vet ability and Tiger Ace, but there's also the question of the other abilities, only one being exclusive to the doctrine yet nothing inherently elite about it. That question also falls flat on its face when you apply it to other commanders like NKVD Rifle Tactics- nothing NKVD about it at all.

If flavour and identity is the main problem with the suggestion, I dare say it's probably not a bad one, especially if balance is improved as a result. I mean remember OKW Panzer 4? Relic said fuck identity and put it into T4, with much applause for balance considerations, and despite complaints about identity and flavour.

As for King Tiger I'm not a fan because of it's different nature, plus it's an OKW unit. Even if you ignore the flavour and identity in regards to another faction's units, you still got to design the unit around three veterancy levels. Even the cost needs to be adjusted, OKW has comparatively higher fuel costs than Ostheer equivalents. By comparison a regular Tiger is a much more suitable, if not easier, change. What also ends up happening is that this would just be "Ostheer playing as OKW" commander.
3 Feb 2017, 13:08 PM

Actually, now rethink about it, since the problem here is the resource penalties, not the Ace (The Ace is fine as a unit), maybe there's no need to replace it! Yeah, it'll behave like the Sturm Officer (Can't vet but still works fine). While the Sturm Officer gives buff to nearby squads, the Ace will already is a better Tiger from the get-go (Similar to the King so not OP). However, the penalties need to be removed in my opinion, make the Ace costs fuel as well, if needed (I think it cost 720MP and 260 fuels, according to stat.coh2.hu )‎
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★