Login

russian armor

Am i really that bad?

24 Jan 2017, 16:42 PM

For example I cannot play USA well without tectical map because I of flanks but I can play UKF or OST without tactical map without problems. Just do what you find most familiar with, there isn´t any real rule what you should do to be better in terms of scripting except maybe GRID KEYS, they are gold

what the grid keys?
24 Jan 2017, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 16:42 PMNashka

what the grid keys?

Instead of B key for Barrage or A for attack move, the key is based off the position in the UI (there are 12 possible locations for the button, 3 rows of 4) so the key is intuitive on its location rather than the name of the ability:

QWER
ASDF
ZXCV

These keys I believe for the abilities. So stop is W instead of S, and attack move is E instead of A I believe.
24 Jan 2017, 17:09 PM

About grid keys - i'm ok with using standard shortcuts. I don't remember them all, but A, S, T, U, R and maybe E, F i use a lot so no problems with them. I'm still trying to learn new here and there.

I will try to bind the tactical map to mouse button and i will see.

And about the camera / i feel like moving it by mouse cursor to the side of the screen is wasting my time. Sometimes i use the minimap, but that script HelpingHans is using looks way more natural to me. Anybody has more info on that? How do you use WSAD for camera while maintaining its shortcut funcionality, especially with grid layout?
24 Jan 2017, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 15:01 PMTaurus
Ok thanks for the advice, i'll look for their replays.

One thing that came to my mind is, how you scroll the map without using middle mous button and arrow keys? I see HelpingHans doing it all the time, but i really don't think that he is using arrow keys

yes it is autohotkey.
You use this software to customize all the hotkey on coh 2, even the camera mooving.
scripts are easy to do btw, but you can find exemple of coh 2 autohotkey script on coh2.org forum.

You missed the most important stuff from my post which is not how to set hotkey but that you are going to get disapointed with that game at higher level.

it's only a friendly tip, but i think you should consider switching for a better one before wasting too much time on coh2.
24 Jan 2017, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 16:42 PMNashka

what the grid keys?

Grid keys are options in coh2 (I think) gameplay options that change all your abilities from their "random" buttons into these buttons :

qwer
asdf
yxcv

Depending on their position in command menu, so every ability in upper row will be qwer depending on its positions in that row, the same apply for second and the same for third.

This for example gives all your grenades same control button (Y or Z depending on if you use qwertz or qwerty) no matter what kind of grenade you are using because all grenades are in lower left corner.

It is also easier to navigate, you just look at panel and you see what key you should press and they are all located on left part of keyboard instaed of normal keys, whitch are everywhere
24 Jan 2017, 18:19 PM

You missed the most important stuff from my post which is not how to set hotkey but that you are going to get disapointed with that game at higher level.

I have played many games in my life, bot none of them competitively. I play them, till i'm bored. CoH2 is a game for which i'm coming back for years now. And only recently i started to play online. I'm still playing a game for fun. Maybe one time i will be bored .. but i'm sure i will come back again. And you came back too, didn't you?
24 Jan 2017, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 18:19 PMTaurus

I have played many games in my life, bot none of them competitively. I play them, till i'm bored. CoH2 is a game for which i'm coming back for years now. And only recently i started to play online. I'm still playing a game for fun. Maybe one time i will be bored .. but i'm sure i will come back again. And you came back too, didn't you?

no

but i still have my old autohotkey script if you need, you could use it and modify it for yourself.
pm me if so.
24 Jan 2017, 19:40 PM

Ok, i will PM you, if i don't know how to do it myself. Thank you
24 Jan 2017, 20:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 16:44 PMNosliw

good answer

another one

As for the grid keys. The answers by hector and nosliw about them are sure very helpful but both wrong in one small thing: The grid in coh2 is not 3x4 but 3x5 actually. Additional 3 keys TGB, are used for upgrades that your soldiers can buy, like mg42 or thompson.

It was actually exactly the same way in coh1 interface.
25 Jan 2017, 11:55 AM

but i still have my old autohotkey script if you need, you could use it and modify it for yourself.
pm me if so.

So the Autohotkey did the job. It's a very nice utility. Thanks for the tip!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★