Login

russian armor

Starting out in 1v1 how do i read the situation correctly?

13 Jan 2017, 00:19 AM

So, uh, hey guys. I recently started playing coh2 in 1v1 after having spent quite some time on the game itself. And apparently i did pretty well. The only problem i have right now is: how do i tell during a match?

To be quite honest i really never felt like i was having an advantage over my opponent. What would i have had to look at in order to know that i have to be more agressive and exploit the situation?

Especially the cromwell followed by two comets completely threw me off my assumptions.

13 Jan 2017, 07:24 AM

I don't have a chance to watch the replay but i'll give a general answer...

Whenever you kill key units etc is a great time to be a bit more aggressive in general, also if you manage to force a massretreat you should be able to take some of the key locations on the map without any issues.

But tbh, this is a skill that you can only learn by experience
13 Jan 2017, 13:21 PM

Will look at it if needed :)
13 Jan 2017, 13:30 PM

Go right ahead, im curious :)
13 Jan 2017, 17:34 PM

Okay, I watched it ^^

The commanders you are using are mostly for teamgames, you may want to consider swapping "festung support" with "mechanized assault" or "lightning war" - but commanders all come down to taste.

T1 placement - you should've placed it a bit more forward to reduce the time your infantry has to walk, therefore increasing your map control in an indirect way.

Fuel > VP, especially in the early game -
Your capping order was something like: cutoff - VP - standard point - fuel
This should look like the following: cutoff - fuel - standard - VP

This is because you need to try to outtech your opponent, VPs are just there to serve as a psychological warfare weapon.

Really nice sniper support, but be careful for countersnipers (mostly it'll be the british, but sov can go T1 too)

Should've bought a 222 or PG instead of 2nd sniper. Tho it seen great usage too, but in the 7th min mark you need to prepare for enemy light vehicles (especially given that AEC timing is insane)

Always seek cover (not just sniper, with every troop, but sniper dies really fast) - your troops were mostly standing still in the middle of nowhere. Your sniper capped left VP out of cover. You need to always hide your snipers.

Don't fight 222 vs AEC 1on1 and try to plant tellers on possible vehicle pathing routes.

13 min mark: should've chased down that almost 0 health retreating section, brits don't have snare, AEC needed repairs and PIATs are not homing rockets in the live game.

Don't invest in more than 2-3 222s, because a cromwell is invulnerable vs them and even AEC can wreck them if caught isolated.

Harass cutoffs if you can, especially fuel cutoff - this way your biggest problem. You often had the opportunity to go and cutoff the enemy from his fuel yet you never did it.

Supply trucks aren't that helpful on standard points, should've put it on fuel point - a truck on fuel gives you +4 / min if i remember correctly.

19.20 min mark: still no pak - says enough I fear

Should be a bit more careful with vehicles - your first P4 micro was a bit sluggish and a bit like you don't know what to do with it, but the rest of it (against the comets) were super nice

Close in with PGs whenever you can - their max range damage output isn't bad, but they're great for CQC, they could've flanked the sections most of the time

Try to steal abandoned team weapons, or destroy them if you don't need them at all (tho that 6pdr ATG
could've really come in handy) - and he couldn't have used it against you again.

British metagame is always AEC, fast cromwell/comet, be prepared for it.

Always upgrade less vetted PGs with shrecks (schreck lets them vet up really fast) + try to have 1-1
unupgraded/upgraded PG, don't upgrade all of them, it severely limits your AI capatility.

Never send in lone units to a point next to enemy base. It only feeds them vet and bleeds you unnecessarily.

Always try to order your damaged tanks back for repairs if possible (ie: not backing a retreating squad)

You dealt with them really nicely, gg wp, pleasure to watch :)
Hope I helped ^^
14 Jan 2017, 11:58 AM

Alright these are a couple very interesting points you brought up. Especially regarding capping order and vehicle usage. ill try to incorporate it into my next games. Thanks you very much, glad you had fun :D.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★