Login

russian armor

How to avoid "the dance"?

8 Jan 2017, 05:51 AM

Sometimes when you order a wheeled support weapons (at guns, maxims) deploy it first makes a 360º turn before setting up. Sometimes its the difference between life and death for your units, specialy the soviet maxims

Its there a way to make the unit set up right where it stands? I think there was a way in CoH1
8 Jan 2017, 09:21 AM

Try using right mouse button and while you are holding it, move cursor to direction where you want to position maxim. He will deploy at place where you first pressed right mouse button and will be deployed in direction you moved cursor afterwards. You can do this with all units, also tanks.

Try this in game against computer, so you get used to it.

I think there isn´t anythin special except this
8 Jan 2017, 10:12 AM

Yes Hector is totally right! Try that!
aaa
8 Jan 2017, 10:12 AM

+1 to the question. I thi.k i saw fast redirection on the spot without any movem3nt. So it should be possible somehow
8 Jan 2017, 17:26 PM

Thanks, but I always deploy my support weapons like that, and that's precisely when this dance happens, because the unit, having wheels, can't position itself with the same ease as support weapons carried by soldiers, thus it "dances" around.

aaa gets the idea. I just want to redirect the weapon without any movement other that turning the gun to the right or the left

9 Jan 2017, 03:47 AM
Patrion 14

i have not tested but from what i have seen how ATGs and maxims move,

when refacing, you want to right click drag in front of the maxim (it's 12 O'Clock direction). If you right click drag slightly behind the maxim, it'll HAVE TO to the dance. Obviously if you want to face the maxim towards it's 6 O'Clock direction, I do not think there is anyway of avoiding the dance.

but I see where you get the question. If the maxim is attack move on an enemy squad, it will automatically track the enemy without the dance. But if we try to do it manually, there is no way we can be so precise and accurate that we can just right click drag at the exact centre of rotation of the maxim to make it not do the dance.
9 Jan 2017, 13:43 PM

Attack move
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight