Login

russian armor

Con - Karny

1 Aug 2013, 17:16 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/6100/win-by-1-victory-point

So this my first replay and its a good one too because the other guy used the soviet start that i struggle against the most which is teching tier 2 and get early maxims and ATs.

i really have problem dealing with maxims plus he rushed t70s which is something i find really hard to counter since the most powerful thing you'd have as an ostheer at that point where he makes those t70s is sherks at best. Paks wont do it in my opnion vs the t70s because of how fast they are.

There is a lot i have to say about this particular replay cuz i feel i made a lot of mistakes starting with how i sent my troops to cap points.

i think if he had built any T-85s it would have been GG, i know he lost cuz he failed to finish off my p4s which i used to crush him at the end but still i won by sheer luck tbh.

1st, is yes capping. As Germans you should pick a side of the map you want to control and send all your units to cap that side then from there push on to the other side of the map once you have taken control of your side.

2nd when dealing with fast tier 2 you should tech to battle phase 1 after four units so in this case right after your mortar. From there get up a halftrack and up gun it with flamethrowers. You would have had a good 2 minutes before he got his zis, but even if he got it earlier just be careful about scouting with your inf before sending the half track in to roast his inf and he should be easy to contain.

3rd his t-70 was kinda late a t-70 after 10 minutes is considered late. the easiest way to deal with a t-70 is simply to have armor of your own you could easily get one by 11 minutes. At the same time place some mines down in key locations. If he hits it is insta kill and it won't pop on inf only vehicles, so no need to worry about that (unlike the soviet mine).

4th if he as any chance of having a zis don't send your tanks into the middle of the map where he is likely to have them without scouting it out first. Especially with a p4 because they don't kill inf as well as they used to.

5th keep tabs on your inf because you lost your pio early and had to rebuild it, for some reason you built 2 teched late and then had them sitting in your base. Pio's are great units to back cap points later in the game while you have the rest of your units pushing some place else.

Didn't watch the rest of the game because simply put you fix the beginning stuff and it never gets past him building a t-70 if it even gets that far and when he does he dies to your ostwind/p4.
1 Aug 2013, 22:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback it was really helpful i will try to adjust my gameplay accordingly.

I have an idea, maybe me and ezep can play against each other and upload the replays, this way you can mentor both of at the same time instead of going through multi replays.
2 Aug 2013, 00:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback it was really helpful i will try to adjust my gameplay accordingly.

I have an idea, maybe me and ezep can play against each other and upload the replays, this way you can mentor both of at the same time instead of going through multi replays.

That's a great idea!
12 Aug 2013, 15:33 PM

Haven't heard anything from you guys lately, what been going on?
13 Aug 2013, 07:51 AM

I had a break, just didn´t feel like playing. Only now I read issaman suggestiont to play together.
13 Aug 2013, 13:33 PM

Cool just checking up on people.
14 Aug 2013, 11:52 AM

Me and ezep played a couple of games against each other and i think its safe to say that he rolfstomped me. It was fun tho.

I could not counter his heavy cons + clown cars strat, Maybe because i have a bad micro or maybe my build order isnt the best im not sure.

So i would like you Con to comment on it when you see the replays if thats possible. I have one i will upload and hopefully ezep has the other 2 games.
14 Aug 2013, 11:55 AM
15 Aug 2013, 06:47 AM
15 Aug 2013, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2013, 06:47 AMezep115
here they are, but i would say all 3 are almost the same

http://www.coh2.org/replays/6819/mentoring-con-ezep115-vs-barsiel-2

http://www.coh2.org/replays/6820/mentoring-con-ezep115-vs-barsiel-3

I'm just going to talk about all three games at once since they are all very similar to each other.

First with barsiel, in the first game you got a late mg you should aim to have an mg out as your second or third unit and, on bigger maps you can get away with 4th in some cases, but definitely not on small map like langres. Once you got your mg you didn't use it proactively. You basically left it in the middle of the map instead of moving it with your army to win fights.

In the second and third game you got your mg quicker which was good but again you didn't really move it around as much as you could have. once your enemy knows where an mg is you can move it because he in most cases isn't going to just walk right into it and you need to be more worried about flanks. in the second game had you repositioned it to protect your cutoff you would have been able to break out more easily. also on kolodny I would consider trying to take the north instead of the south as Germans it is a lot easier to hold because soviets have a much harder time flanking and it isn't as easy to attack your cutoff.

when you haven't completely taken one side of the map as germans yet and the game is been going on for a while send your engi to back cap the other side of the map he isn't likely to have any units over there and your engi really isn't contributing much to fights anyway. He will be forced to send a conscript over to deal with it and you will have less units to worry about on your side of the map.

You need to work on your teching desions. If your going to go t2 before t3 go at four units or three. Three being to counter early tech four being more of the standard timing. this will allow you to get out an sc to deal with your opponents sc's and you can get a ht to reinforce in the field.

You seemed to move your grens as one unit instead of individually. While it is good to use them in force you only need one to cap a point the rest can move to other points and put on pressure there. infact it can sometimes be a good idea to push your grens to his cutoff and have your engi backcap all the points behind you, combined with an mg you can quickly take over a side of the map and the soviet is left trying to take back his cutoff instead of pressuring yours.

Esep115 for the most part you played pretty well. You did however a few times lose your sc's. Even though it can be tempting to go in and flame everything, it is often better to sit back and you it to flank units you know can't fight back instead of engaging grens. just keep your sc just out of faust range and be carful of rifle nades and just attack at range with it waiting for your opening to go in when there ins't anything to kill your sc.

Your tanks where also a bit late you had pretty much full map control for the entire game but your tanks didn't come out till after 13 minutes every game. If you have that much map control it can be a worth it to go t3 and get a t-70 out to finish off your opponent because chances are even if he gets out a tank it will be late and he won't have fuel for another for a while and you can easily counter it or at least contain it even without an su-85.

15 Aug 2013, 21:32 PM

Thanks a lot for the feed back, I will start improving on the weaknesses you pointed out.

and ezep115 im looking forward to our next pub. this has been really helpful to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 104
France 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment