Login

russian armor

How to properly play the 222

23 Dec 2016, 10:05 AM

Hey mates,

the question basically says it all. I know that the really good players love to play the 222 and can do a lot with it, but I simply just don't know how to use it properly. I usually go for a flamer Ht due to the fact that I can micro it kinda good, and when I think about going either fast t3 or 222, I usually go for the first option because I can't get the hang of the 222.
Any tips how to use it in the right way?
I know its a good Sniper hunter and some people also play 2x222, but I just don't have an idea how, haha.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you, thanks!

23 Dec 2016, 10:33 AM

Well, there are 2 ways of using the 222 (This is based on 2v2 perspective, but could be use in 1v1 in my opinion):‎

1. This way is more prefer by many players: Go for double 222s and use them aggressively, harash enemy positions and chase down weaken units. This way usually works wonder against Brit players due to the lack of snare and AT units (The AEC fear the double 222); works fairly good against USF and Soviet. However, watch out for USF Captain since the Stuart + Captain + Vetted Rifleman can ruin this strat, while Soviet... 2 222s can take on even the T-70, just be careful with Soviet's Conscript (If they go full on Penals then free roam for the 222, at least before the Winter patch). If you like using Ostheer aggressively then 2 222s can help you a lot against Allied LVs if micro properly.‎

2. This one is a safer and more defensive way of using 222: Use them as support unit, keep them close to your main forces. Usually, you only get 1 and possibly get the 251 instead of a second 222. Basically, you'll be more of a "mobile defense" player, spend more on Paks, bunkers, and faster rush for T3 while the 222 is just something to protect your Pak against flanking Allied LVs. You can further buff the 222 with the Spotting Scope from some commanders to make the 222 more useful in securing your flanks.To be honest, if you play Ostheer defensively (Which, in my opinion, is how they are suppose to be played), then 222 is just a scouting/supporting unit, your main fire power would rely on support weapons (Paks + MGs+ Mortars+ bunkers), and rush for T3 also.‎
23 Dec 2016, 11:43 AM

one teller into a 222. or get a pgren after 222 for double shreks.

make sure u keep the 222 still and try to only move it during its reload time. be very aggressive vs squads that dont have snares.

also try to kite as much as you can. forcing a squad out of cover for maximum damage with the 222. and try not to shoot at sqauds behind cover if u can flank it and its safe do it.
23 Dec 2016, 18:28 PM

Rush 2x 222 asap. Always use them together either against lone squads or behind your main army and have teller/ pak nearby to lure enemy light tank.

If you want to engage go point blank and try to crush squads - you wont actually crush them but clump them a lot and so main gun can hit them all at once and deal more damage. Just remember USA have grenades from beggining.

Also 2x222 can defeat t70 if it rushes and soviet player doesnt have AT gun nearby. This same apply to UKF AC armored car. Only stuart is thread. Both have to be full health tho.

And use it mainly against retreating squads, 2x222 can wipe retreats really well and they cant fire back.

Just remember 2x222 cost only 30 fuel together and they won´t your teching so.

Hope I helped you, if no, ask more specificaly :D
24 Dec 2016, 01:24 AM

I'm not a "Senior Strategist" like some people in this game, but I've been playing COH1/COH2 for long enough to have logged 400 solid days of gameplay without rest. It's basically been by far, my most favorite game in terms of hours logged, for the past 10 years.

Here's what I want to say.

On maps with fck tons of heavy cover, buildings with heavy cover, CHOKE POINTS, and such, the 251 FlameHT is the way to go. This is a good weapon for flushing units out of cover, and garrisoned buildings.

On large open maps (maps with a lot of farmland for example and scant buildings) with lots of flanking, mobility, and very little heavy cover, and mostly light, neutral, or negative cover, a pair of 222's is the way to go.

Personally I always go for a pair, for most units I think a pair is more likely to eliminate/destroy what you're up against, where a single unit will only repel/force to retreat. For some extra investment, I try to eliminate and destroy, over repel and retreat the enemy units.

They're pretty difficult to keep alive without excellent micro, just make sure you're constantly using your hotkeys when you use the 222, you should always have one hand on your mouse, and the other hand on your keyboard for spamming the hotkeys, "A" for attack move, and "U" for reverse, and have them both binded a number "hot key" binded, 1234567890.

"A" for Attack-Move is really useful for these units, because as soon as they come within range of an enemy unit, or spot one, they will automatically stop charging forward, and start firing their main cannon/mg. These are not tanks, they are not breakthrough units with enough armor to take a few hits before being forced to retreat. You need to keep them at range away from the enemy as much as possible, particularly if they have AT weapons, AT nades, or an AT gun in the rear. Most of the time, if the enemy damages the engine of a Scout Car, this can be summed up as nothing less than a disaster for the Scout Car, unless promptly supported by infantry and repair units in the immediate area. It's not a bad idea to have an infantry screen in front of them when going forward, to help protect against AT weapons, nades and AT guns.

The 20mm/MG is a direct fire weapon. So this weapon excels on maps with limited to no cover. Whereas the FlameHT excels on maps with heavy cover/garrisoned buildings. Keep this in mind when picking between a FlameHT and a pair of 222's.
24 Dec 2016, 11:12 AM

I'm not a "Senior Strategist" like some people in this game, but I've been playing COH1/COH2 for long enough to have logged 400 solid days of gameplay without rest. It's basically been by far, my most favorite game in terms of hours logged, for the past 10 years.

Strategist badge basicly means you are allowed to close replays if you think helping content is good enaugh and create guides. Basicly you can get this badge if you´re eager enaugh to help community. If you want to know more or become strategist PM me
26 Dec 2016, 12:11 PM

I was being facetious. These days I seem to be putting more time into Skyrim and online poker, than COH2, but if I get back into the game perhaps.
29 Dec 2016, 19:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge

What to add: Double 222 works best versus Brits since the only light vehicle they can produce in 222's window is AEC (222 never fails to penetrate AEC) and since Brits have no snares (Mines are their only tool which could be described as "snares" so Minesweepers are recommended). You got to be careful about the strong British AT gun though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★