Login

russian armor

M1 Garand for Rangers and Paratroopers

4 Dec 2016, 20:13 PM

Historically - the main weapon of both Rangers and Paratroopers was M1 Garand, not M1 Carbine or Thompson.

Tried to reflect this in my mod ... no way, both Rangers and Paratroopers are running with empty hands. Editing *.abp? Tried, adding the line with Garand, copied from the Rifleman's *.abp, gave nothing.

Any ideas?
5 Dec 2016, 17:18 PM

that sound great 4 garand 2 carbine for paratrooper and 3 for ranger will do
5 Dec 2016, 18:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Editing the abp file should work, unless a patch messed that up.

I followed...I believe it was Eliwoods' abp edit tutorial and did this same thing in one of my mods because I had the same gripe with the weapon choice.(I was able to mix carbines, upgrades, and m1 rifles by making a whole different paratrooper entity with a different weapon and then messing with the sbps squad loadout.)

I did a similar thing for Sappers, ended up giving them enfield sten mix
5 Dec 2016, 19:14 PM

that sound great 4 garand 2 carbine for paratrooper and 3 for ranger will do

That's exactly was my idea: 4 Garands plus 2 M1 Carbines for Paratroopers (like in the "Band of Brothers" and - which was pretty surprising! - real loadout of the Paratrooper half-squad) and 3 Garands plus 3 Thompsons for Rangers (pretty close to the "Saving Private Ryan').

Editing the abp file should work, unless a patch messed that up.

I followed...I believe it was Eliwoods' abp edit tutorial and did this same thing in one of my mods because I had the same gripe with the weapon choice.(I was able to mix carbines, upgrades, and m1 rifles by making a whole different paratrooper entity with a different weapon and then messing with the sbps squad loadout.)

I did a similar thing for Sappers, ended up giving them enfield sten mix

All described can be done, except for one thing - both Rangers and Paratroopers visually run with empty hands even after editing the *.abp.
5 Dec 2016, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

When we're at history mind that m1 garand was, as you rightfully suggest delivered to most american soldiers, but the m1 carabine was considered better by the soldiers, just becouse it was lighter, had 15 shot magazine and better RoF. What they did, was often dropping the garand and taking the carabine from their dead brother of arms. That is why, by the end of war, over 70 percent of ammunition delivered to infantry units was the shorter round used by m1 carabine, even though the much smaller was the percentage of soldiers equipped with it.

That's what I read somewhere, but it's worth checking, as I don't remember where sadly. I hope the info is going to proove useful nontheless.
5 Dec 2016, 19:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's exactly was my idea: 4 Garands plus 2 M1 Carbines for Paratroopers (like in the "Band of Brothers" and - which was pretty surprising! - real loadout of the Paratrooper half-squad) and 3 Garands plus 3 Thompsons for Rangers (pretty close to the "Saving Private Ryan').

All described can be done, except for one thing - both Rangers and Paratroopers visually run with empty hands even after editing the *.abp.

well you had to have messed up something somewhere.
Its not like weapons are incompatible with the model in this specific case;

I would triple check your edits in the abp file and make sure you're linking to the right weapon, you didnt make a typo, etc
5 Dec 2016, 20:48 PM

Historically - the main weapon of both Rangers and Paratroopers was M1 Garand, not M1 Carbine or Thompson.

Tried to reflect this in my mod ... no way, both Rangers and Paratroopers are running with empty hands. Editing *.abp? Tried, adding the line with Garand, copied from the Rifleman's *.abp, gave nothing.

Any ideas?

Wait, you sure about that?
I would've thought it's the other way around.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS