Login

russian armor

Issues countering Brit Bofor spam as OKW

21 Nov 2016, 18:24 PM

Hey guys as title suggests,

OKW is by far my weakest faction but I seem to be doing fine until brits just start bofor creep. In open maps it seems so hard to knock out. The fucking obnoxious brace structure shit is so hard to deal with. As ostheer flame units seem to be an easy answer and an early mortar with smoke on an assault is an easy way to knock it out but OKW seems ill equipped to knock them out. I feel like its my opening build that is bad? Liek I need to be more greedy maybe? Any ideas?

Please dont say, "oh well dont let him build one!" Of course that is ideal but the game shouldnt be over if you lose map control for the few seconds he needs to deploy the bofor.

Cheers

Shago
21 Nov 2016, 18:40 PM

Double leig will put it down in two minutes, no matter the brace. Or puma outranges it.
Dont mind the brace, as it lasts 30 seconds, while you can keep shooting it forever, especially if they built it early

BTW how did that misspell catch on? Almost everyone drops that S :D

Once you master the double leig killing, you can also try droping his health down to half, then cease fire, wait with a camoed rakketen nearby and once his sappers start repairing it, you open fire again, possibly wiping them :D
21 Nov 2016, 19:36 PM

Double leig will put it down in two minutes, no matter the brace. Or puma outranges it.
Dont mind the brace, as it lasts 30 seconds, while you can keep shooting it forever, especially if they built it early

BTW how did that misspell catch on? Almost everyone drops that S :D

Once you master the double leig killing, you can also try droping his health down to half, then cease fire, wait with a camoed rakketen nearby and once his sappers start repairing it, you open fire again, possibly wiping them :D

my typing has been referred to as dragging my ass across the keyboard by some people so thats probably where the s went.

Yeah I thought oh he has a bofors Ill go the armour truck and just get map control but the bofors locked so much of that map down (was an open one) and then he just built another, I back teched for liegs but it was too late. Issue I see there is though that you then have 2 liegs and if u cant break his line the cromwell is gonna own you.

The camo reketn is a good idea thanks for that. I also have only the base 3 OKW commanders and none of them feel particularly useful vs brits. Do panzer fusiliers match up well vs tommies?
21 Nov 2016, 20:24 PM

Well, fu@k the spelling anyway.

Armour truck? Do you mean that HQ which can produce Luchs, Puma or Stuka? If you already had that built you could have tried shooting it with Puma from max range, though you would possibly need a stuka too as they might repair faster than puma shoots (bloody frustrating to imagine, indeed)

As for the leig one will handle bofors too, it just takes a bit longer.

Either way, 1 rakketen, one Sturmpioneers squad with panzerschreck and volks squad with faust should at least hold the cromwell back.

As for the doctrine, the one with fusilers is ideal, those guys do Ok vs tommies, although regular volks with upgrade would be just as good, but for a really prolonged game, jagdtiger is extremely deadly.

BTW if your opponent doesnt have the Special weapons regiment commander, you might try to go for luchs first, find a way around the bofors, no matter how much area it covers (even if you would need to sacriface a volks squad to draw fire) and head straight for his HQ. If he doesnt place his AT gun into a position where it could aim for your luchs and at the same time have the bofors nearby it to prevent circling around the gun, he is fu@ked -this is really nasty, but then again, if he built a bofors too early... he asked for it
22 Nov 2016, 21:10 PM

Yeah I had 2 raketens attacking ground on the bofors and it fucking repaired faster than it took damage rofl

The luchs hit early and you are right I shoulda been more aggressive I think

Issue is its so high risk especially if the engagement goes sour and my infantry end up retreating through the bofors LOS
V-T
17 Jan 2017, 08:51 AM

Does a sturmtiger rocket oneshotwipe a Bofors or 17 pdr? even if braced? I don't have the commander required, but that would actually make it very handy against simcities.

Of course, it's a late game solution, but some games take long, don't they?

Also i just had a game where enemy built his bofors right in front of his base, so the baserush wasn't an option. I managed to just keep him locked in base, and won by victory points, but sealing the deal wasn't the option. Also the classic mortar pit in base...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★