Login

russian armor

Detecting tellers with no minesweepers

10 Nov 2016, 23:24 PM

found out more, so thats why it is not in the video.

Just something i came across the other day. How you can detect mines without having any minesweepers. Other than the other method where you place a mine over a mine or wire over a mine and they wont build over it etc.

You can detect m20/tellers mines with wires and tank traps with just hovering over it with wires. These two mines are the only ones who can be detected by both wires and tank traps by simply hovering over an area.

Also with the tank traps(on any faction that has tank traps, usf. or other factions that can unlock tank traps by commanders) it is also possible to detect shuemines, ukf mines, sov mines, usf m5 mines. With only hovering with the tanktraps

10 Nov 2016, 23:43 PM

This looks like a feature to me!
Just add it to the pile, like passing population capping point thanks to Vehicle Crews, or cancelling the delay on Critical Repair by just jumping back in when the animation starts.
11 Nov 2016, 10:49 AM

This looks like a feature to me!
Just add it to the pile, like passing population capping point thanks to Vehicle Crews, or cancelling the delay on Critical Repair by just jumping back in when the animation starts.

+1

really not an issue for the average player, some pro might use it but then it is only against ost because it works with teller.

On the other hand, it is very easy to fix because it is related to coh 2 attributes (if i remember correctly, it is a boolean asking if it can be built on mines) but with relic it would take ages.

So i suggest to better focus on the biggest issue, aka usf mortar lmg-blob & panzerfaust bug, and to consider this as an **intended** feature.
Vaz
11 Nov 2016, 16:30 PM

I think it should be fixed, but it adds to the attention debt of your opponent if they choose to attempt a scan. It will be highly error prone, especially if you are very good with mine placement.

You know, if you place it at a road intersection or some popular area. One thing that is crucial to mines, is maintaining confidentiality. To me the payoff for laying infantry triggered mines is not very good. They were nerfed and now I'm lucky to knock out 2 entities from a squad at a cost of 30mu.

So really what I want to do is lay the anti tank mines. 60 mu to make a sitting duck out of enemy armor is a great deal. That said, I try to make sure mines are laid in secrecy. If I can see an enemy with my mine layer, I'm cancelling the build and going somewhere else. I would hope they go over to the spot and try and detonating the mine. Axis players will usually be ok dropping a 45mu grenade to cancel it out. Well if the build was cancelled, then they waste their resources. Another thing is, laying mines on your flanks.

Usually sweepers and advanced scanning is not going to be done on the flanks, since there is no time. If you have a good bait unit, it will still work in the presence of detectors, since they aren't going to bring them all the way to the flanks or the element of surprise is ruined.

I find that for allied players, this is a game ender for your axis opponents in low morale team games. Especially if you use that sniper tactic of letting it sit there disabled to draw out other vulnerable forces that come to it's rescue.
11 Nov 2016, 17:52 PM
Donator 11

Thing is about this kind of stuff, wires ,placing mines over mines, why does it block the (mouse-)command when a mine is already placed on the spot.

In coh1 there was a time when you could place a mine over another for maximum damage (As long its not your own / team mine ofc.)?

The best thing is just to sweep mines and exploit mines to an even more dangerous mind game.
with tanks most players should watch anyway where they want to drive even with your own mines ...

But nice to know and i hope it won't become such a big deal.. ty B-)
Vaz
11 Nov 2016, 18:32 PM

I get so upset in team games when I see players choose my mined locations to fight on. Like my teamates park their tank on my m20 mine and just sit there. First time they are hit with an antitank weapon, they are stuck there with 15% health like a dummy. It happens a lot I will look over and see disabled allied tanks sitting where I put my precious m20 mine.
11 Nov 2016, 18:43 PM

agree on it, puting a tank on a mine is bad idea (friendly or not) and should be rewarded with a tank death.
11 Nov 2016, 20:09 PM

Does this also work on mines that aren't finished? Does it work on demo charges too?
11 Nov 2016, 22:11 PM

Does this also work on mines that aren't finished? Does it work on demo charges too?

it works on mines that are finished yes. As i show in the video on a finished tellermines. Demos however i've yet to try out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★